Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Alabama high school student assaulted over Black Lives Matter post, police say

Source

An Alabama high school student was attacked after a homecoming football game allegedly over the teen’s social media post about the Black Lives Matter protests.

Sylacauga Police Chief Kelley Johnson said that witnesses told police the incident was sparked over the post. Johnson said one or more black teens are believed to be behind the assault of 17-year-old Brian Ogle, according to WBRC-TV.

Authorities found Ogle on the ground bleeding from his head. He was taken to Coosa Valley Medical Center before being airlifted to UAB Hospital where he was in critical condition and recovering from the head injuries. Ogle’s mother Brandi Allen told WBRC-TV said that her son suffered a broken skull and is bleeding from the brain.

“Instead of us planning for his 18th birthday, we're here. Why? Because he made a statement that he backs the blue? I'm still trying to understand how someone, no matter the color of their skin, can do this to another human being,” Allen said.

Johnson said police interviewed about 20 people, including witnesses, family members and persons of interest.

Police haven’t released a motive, but said the attack appeared to be racially motivated and the social media post could have been a factor.

Allen told the station that the altercations started at Sylacauga High School and then escalated onto Facebook. She said her son received threatening messages and even brought it up to the principal, but they allegedly told him there was nothing they could do about it.

Sylacauga City Schools Superintendent Todd Freeman said in a statement that the district and police were made aware of the threats and the school implemented safety measures to keep students safe.

“They have a job to do it at school and they failed to do it,” Allen said.

Allen said she wants arrests made.

“I want to see them handcuffed. I want to see them put in jail. I don't wish any harm on anyone's child. I would like for them to have to look at my child right now. I don't want any other mother to have to go through what I went through these past few days.”

Just proves that there is no room for dialogue ... it is "agree with BLM or you're next" .. if calm, peaceful discussions can not be had, then more of this is in our future. I hope the young man recovers soon and the attackers get arrested. Hope the attackers get the max sentence.
    Last edited by MatthewOU2015; 2016-10-04 at 03:02 PM. Reason: I failed at trying to insert green text

BLM is a violent movement that should be stopped at all costs. If you care about "black lives" - for the love of god don't degrade yourself and associate yourself with these idiots. Riots, burning cars, beating up people, vandalism... the list goes on, any people wonder why they get shot?

Political forums, engage in public discussions, raise awareness...

Deleted
    not much to say other than hopefully those involved get arrested and spend a very long time in jail and the victim makes a good recovery, and he can continue to get on with his life while the animals sit in a cell

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Source

An Alabama high school student was attacked after a homecoming football game allegedly over the teen’s social media post about the Black Lives Matter protests.

/snip

“I want to see them handcuffed. I want to see them put in jail. I don't wish any harm on anyone's child. I would like for them to have to look at my child right now. I don't want any other mother to have to go through what I went through these past few days.”

Just proves that there is no room for dialogue ... it is "agree with BLM or you're next" .. if calm, peaceful discussions can not be had, then more of this is in our future. I hope the young man recovers soon and the attackers get arrested. Hope the attackers get the max sentence.
    No, it in fact does not mean that at all. You're espousing two extremes without any room for dialogue in the middle, which is where 95% of the conversation actually happens.

The people in this example deserve to be punished, and I hope they do get maximum jail time, for a variety of reasons.

Here we go again, i think its mostly mmo champion that is keeping BLM relevant now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Here we go again, i think its mostly mmo champion that is keeping BLM relevant now.
    and the media

This is why nobody takes their movement seriously. It's either agree with #blm or you risk being assaulted.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    I hope they get the maximum sentence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Racists look at black people and say, "they are savages"

Some black people say, "no, we are humans, equal to you!"

Then some people decide to act like savages and nearly kill people because of social media posts.

This is fueling the racism that started in the first place.

If we want peace, we need the one group to stop aggravating others, and the other group to not act like savages.

Bolded portion is not referring to people with black skin tone, but referring to any persons who engage in criminal rioting/looting/savagery, be it white, black, green, blue, or red people.

Main point - two sided coin. I think some BLM are focusing on the side of the coin that says, "racists, please stop". I agree with that sentiment. Other side is when the other BLM arson/riot/attack, which is abhorrent and wrong and does not belong in civilized society
    Last edited by Maletalana; 2016-10-04 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    This is why nobody takes their movement seriously. It's either agree with #blm or you risk being assaulted.
    come on it's quite smart instead of being an openly white hating racist, you just pretend you care about black lives vs police, then go around beating white people and no-one cares because of your lovely friendly hate movement.

They definitely aren't doing their movement any favors. I knew that the group was nothing more than violent thugs using it as an excuse to hurt people after seeing those videos out of Milwaukee and Charlotte where they were hunting and beating white people on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Clearly all blm supporters are violent thugs, in the same way that all cops are murderers.
    Naaaa.

I'll just go with this.

Not all blacks are violent blm supporters, but all blm supporters are violent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Naaaa.

I'll just go with this.

Another wide-sweeping generalization and thinly veiled racist commentary supertony?! Ya don't say!
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    As far as I'm concerned BLM is a hate group against anyone not black.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Another wide-sweeping generalization and thinly veiled racist commentary supertony?! Ya don't say!
    As a black man I find shit like this highly offensive , if you dare criticize a black man you are immediately labeled a racist, right a long the same lines as low expectation racism.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    As a black man I find shit like this highly offensive , if you dare criticize a black man you are immediately labeled a racist, right a long the lines of low expectation racism.
    You can't take anything Daelak says seriously. In another thread he actually thought that a police department deterred 2 police cars and a chopper that was going to a domestic dispute because there was a black guy walking around.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Naaaa.

I'll just go with this.

So is it ok to generalize Republicans/Trump supporters? Because you just generalized all blacks/BLM people.

Since you generalized, so will I. Not all Republicans are Trump supporters, but all Trump supporters are racists.

How does that make you feel?

I am a BLM supporter, does that make me violent?

If those responsible are caught, will they be charged for a hate crime ? Hopefully so

But who am I kidding? Of course they won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just going to turn into a race thread, which we don't allow. It's already heading there

Clising