Thinking about leveling a hunter

So I have a 100 hunter and im wondering if I would want to level him as an alt. The question is, how is lone wolf talent for questing alone and such? Is it worth it? I see on icy Veins they said you should use it for leveling. What do you guys think?

Lone Wolf is fine for leveling, it might be worth taking black arrow for the pet it summons that will taunt the target for a few seconds. You won't miss Lock and Load all that much outdoors and the Black Arrow CD resets each time you kill something.

Then again if you're into kiting a little, L&L is still fine.

But is it better with a pet? My damage is pretty shit because I just got 100. I have only green items.

It will be marginally easier with a pet, your damage will be a little lower, but for questing that's not a terribly big deal. I'd say if you want to level with a pet just go BM, you can still funnel all your AP into MM if you want to anyway.

bm is the easiest spec to lvl with outside of tanks and even then you can macro misdirect into a barrage and pull half the map and kill it too.

the hardest part will be your pet getting stuck on things once in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    bm is the easiest spec to lvl with outside of tanks and even then you can macro misdirect into a barrage and pull half the map and kill it too.

the hardest part will be your pet getting stuck on things once in a while.
    Only thing I want to add is, rares/World Quest named mobs can burst a Ferocity spec pet down pretty fast, so have a Tenacity spec pet ready for those. Beetle/Turtle are good choices as they have a built-in Shield Wall type spell.

And yeah, pets get stuck a lot in Legion. I've had to dismiss/re-summon at least 20 times in the past day because of it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Only thing I want to add is, rares/World Quest named mobs can burst a Ferocity spec pet down pretty fast, so have a Tenacity spec pet ready for those. Beetle/Turtle are good choices as they have a built-in Shield Wall type spell.

And yeah, pets get stuck a lot in Legion. I've had to dismiss/re-summon at least 20 times in the past day because of it.
    Typically if pets get stuck, if you spam your follow button they usually destuck (yes thats a word ok) and come to your side. Doesn't work too well in combat but out of combat it works almost instantly.
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drahzere View Post
    Typically if pets get stuck, if you spam your follow button they usually destuck (yes thats a word ok) and come to your side. Doesn't work too well in combat but out of combat it works almost instantly.
    Thanks, this actually has worked a couple of times since reading the reply.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Even when out in the world as MM, I still tend to run with a pet (especially in Withered Army Training) just so that I have a meat shield in case things get ugly, but it is possible to go without, so it's mostly personal preference.

Whenever I do not have Lone Wolf I feel incredibly weak. I leveled the entire way with Lone Wolf and if you take black arrow you will be fine.

I lvl with bm or mm I swap depending on my mood. With mm I use black arrow and amoc. The damage is incredible. Mobs tend to die before the get a chance to think. Rares die before black arrow pet dies or expires. I thought I'd hate it coz I'd have no pet etc but it's fine.. and you get to use exhilaration after every 3-4 mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    my alt Hunter is 100 1/2 right now, do it.