Mythic Ursoc - Help/Tips Requested (With Logs)

Hey MMO Fam. Our two night guild has pushed 2/7M so far, and got in some pulls on Mythic Ursoc. These are our first attempts on him, but even so, man our dps is insanely low. We have above average speed rankings for Nyth and Renferal so I know our dps is better than this... I can't help but feel we aren't optimizing correctly here.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1fLCt#fight=38

Best pull wiped at 5 mins, 30% - this was without hero or good dps pots (we will start using them every pull our next night, this was just testing it out the last 30 mins of raid. We will also have all 20 with vantus runes).

We are two tanking, four healing, and having the charge target run down middle of the arena. We are wanting to keep hero at 30% but I am strongly considering hero on pull or at 4 mins (CDs back up) due to what I have read. Advice?

One thing I know needs done is all healers dps potting on pull and dpsing more during the fight. Other thing I know needs fixed is cleave only on add with 1 person focusing it.

Pokus will be sat, so ignore his painfully low dps, we were down a few raiders so had to use bench.

I know we have a lot of work to get our damage where it needs to be (300k), so don't feel the need to bash it without mercy. We had great Nyth/Renferal kills this week so trying to figure out what is so diff about Ursoc...

THANK YOU!!!

Hi

One thing my team did to help eek out a lot more damage was to have the ranged group stay towards the inside of the room, like actually inside at a decent range. The 10 that are designated in the melee group (tanks+melee+MW/hpally/resto druid) would move with him. Charges would either be in front of him for melee, or middle of the room for ranged. After the fourth charge is when the caucophonies would start to hurt the melee group, so thats when the ranged can move in and start following the boss as well. Letting the ranged stand still and just worry about their rotation adds a lot of damage.

Only one person used an augment rune. Only 12 were using a vantus rune (I see 2 were used on Elerethe I assume tanks thats understood). 2 people were not well fed. Easy fixes to make, but then again I know when we were learning the boss I don't think half the raid was using full on consumables until we made sure we could make it through the fight. Depends on how hardcore you want to be with it but just remember this is the only hard dps check of the first 5, the others are just "stay alive with a normal composition and you'll win", so it may very well be worth shelling out to make sure teammates have augment runes and whatnot. Double check everyones enchants as well.

Just echoing what Drish said. A really big change for us was just having the range group not move as much. (This was a big dps increase for us when we killed it) We had the range set up their position in a stack that was about 35 yards away from boss, in a position ahead of where the boss was going. We sent the first charge through melee, and that focused target runs behind them basically in a straight line ahead of the boss's face. Then the 2nd one through range to the middle of the room. After the 3rd charge (through melee) is when the ranged finally moved to a new position, once again, ahead of the boss about 35 yards away (Rinse repeat until ~ 35%). you can use a lock gateway(unlimited charges) to move even faster tot he new position. We moved our ranged in to soak caucophonies around 35% and the reason was because it made the transition to 30% cleaner. If we tried to move in at 30% then healers got behind just a little, from the first caucophony, in case anyone missed the soak. So moving in early ensured that we were all in place and getting AoE heals. We hero'd at 30%, then killed him just before enrage timer. I believe our Raid ilvl was like 861 or something (alot of that was on healers and tanks). On our first kill we had half the people use a vantus rune, as we had the other half use a Dragons Vantus rune.

Yeah definitely agree we need to start using full consumables to get this guy down. We will start doing that our next night on him

Ooookay so one thing we are doing "wrong then is we are having range soak all the roars as well which requires them to move after every cast. So to clarify, we can have range stand still an ignore roar for the first half or so of the fight? That should contribute a significant amount of dps.

We are having the charge target always run down the center of the room as far as they can. It sounds like this is also unnecessary and you are having the charge run in front of the bosses face, at least for one of the soak groups, is that correct?

So group 1 melee soak, target runs ahead of the boss and hits the melee group on Ursocs face? (Tanks move out?)

And second range soak, target runs down middle of room like we have been doing?

Sorry for the questions, I think this could definitely help us max dps.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

This is our first kill last week. Didn't link this weeks kill because I had lower dps (forgot to talent swap, don't tell my raid lead )

After poking at some of your log, I notice some of your raiders don't have neck enchants, weren't using proper food, etc. Your destro lock, if you compare his and my sources of damage, there is a lot missing there. Your mages compared to our mages have pretty close ilvl differences as well. Note that we had the range soaking cacophonies as well, so our range did a lot of movement, its just a matter of knowing when to use the instant casts.

In short: Get those consumables, get those enchants.
    CompTIA A+ Computer technician, 7 years and counting...

Retired WoW Heroic Raider, currently playing DOTA 2 competitively.