Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'll believe that when we start to see missiles getting prepared for "stand by" or armies getting on high alert. Until then, i'll be farming herbs in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    How long until midnight on the nuclear war clock thingy? Or is that not a thing anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish people weren't such fucking morons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey ho, not bothered personally.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    There are tons if you google, but how about this one: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/pu...ar-war-n665376
    lol

It's called posturing. I assume you are probably younger...this type of BS happened all the time in the 70s and 80s. You should go back and read all the posturing the USSR did when Reagan kept pushing for Star Wars in the 80s.

Russia is trying to get the stupid side of the US population to vote for their puppet, Trump. Some of Trump's plans include working to disband NATO, which is one of the few things preventing Russia from grabbing even more land.

We are probably heading towards another cold war, and while that is a bit scary, it still wouldn't put us closer than ever to a nuclear war. It puts us back to where we were 40-50 years ago, and, despite what you'll hear from the pro-Putin apologists, it is primarily due to Russia's aggression.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

War, war never changes.

Is there ever war in gnomophobia?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    So according to several sources, we are very close to a nuclear war with Russia over the Syrian thing. Hillary is pushing for a no-fly zone over there and I fear it may be the spark that ignites WWIII.

This is pretty devastating news because I was reluctantly planning on voting for her (hate that cunt so much, but Trump is a literal mad man that is on record for questioning why nuclear weapons are off the table).

Now I don't know what the fuck is going to happen. Vote for cunt and die in a nuclear war with Russia or vote for ego mad man and possibly die in a nuclear war with China while being hated by the rest of the planet.
    If nuclear war is what it takes to sever our ties with China I'm game!

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    How long until midnight on the nuclear war clock thingy? Or is that not a thing anymore?
    http://thebulletin.org/timeline

Until its 1min 1953 still wins the award for closest. Everything else is fear mongering and the such.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying we're closer than parking nukes right off each others borders?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Each day we are closer to a nuclear war than we have ever been because we have never been in a nuclear war !

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    We're at 3 minutes to midnight at the moment, and have been for several years.

The Cuban missile crisis was so short that the clock hands weren't adjusted, but that probably would have been 1min. The closest it's been was after both the US and USSR detonated the first hydrogen bombs in 1952. That was 2 minutes to midnight. The average (since it started) has been 7 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Each day we are closer to a nuclear war than we have ever been because we have never been in a nuclear war !
    WWII had two nukes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Just attack russia first, we don't want to get involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Only if there ever is a nuclear war!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Because Hillary is currently in a position to put into place a no-fly zone, right?
    When Hillary becomes President (and its looking more likely unfortunately).

She can put forward a proposal of a "no fly zone" to the UN Security Council who would probably vote for it.

The US and it Allies on behalf of the UN would enforce it.

Deleted
    WWII had two nukes...
    I am pretty sure WWII is not considered a nuclear war !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Only if there ever is a nuclear war!
    True that !

I really can't imagine Russia starting a war with a country that spends 12 times as much money on its armed forces annually.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    When Hillary becomes President (and its looking more likely unfortunately).

She can put forward a proposal of a "no fly zone" to the UN Security Council who would probably vote for it.

The US and it Allies on behalf of the UN would enforce it.
    And that's your link to the nuclear war. Jesus, my high school debate students could knock that out while prepping for a real debate. In other words, anyone at the UN could put us on the brink of nuclear war? And how are you seeing a no-fly zone leading to nuclear war?

Yeaaah I don't believe that. I just watched a movie called the Sum of all Fears, and even in that scenario the leaders were extremely reluctant to set off a nuclear war.

I mean, it would affect the entire planet, their families, friends, their future etc etc...

OP you should try to google as you suggest yourself .... start with cuba nuclear crises