SEF change proposal, what if...

... Storm, Earth and Fire actually baseline focused your target, and split if you press again afterwards? (And then focus again if you press 3rd time etc.)

I know theres more mechanical problems with our little spirits but this thing when theres targets around and they jump back on your target can cost like 2-3 seconds alone sometimes.

Thats the least of its problems at the moment. Theres a writeup on SEF on walkingthewind.com , and it explains the issues well.

Quote Originally Posted by giniyo View Post
    ... Storm, Earth and Fire actually baseline focused your target, and split if you press again afterwards? (And then focus again if you press 3rd time etc.)

I know theres more mechanical problems with our little spirits but this thing when theres targets around and they jump back on your target can cost like 2-3 seconds alone sometimes.
    would much prefer this as I know at the very least there will always be a single main target of a fight and it'd most likely already be the one that I'm on, I'd much rather press again to AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaigar View Post
    Thats the least of its problems at the moment. Theres a writeup on SEF on walkingthewind.com , and it explains the issues well.
    yeah hence my second sentence but its one option, i think this way around would be better than current

I'm shocked that when they made it our main CD they didn't just turn it into a +x% extra on top of our current damage. What I mean is that you (the main clone) would still do 100% damage, and the other two would so some % extra on top of that.

As far as the whole splitting thing, I imagine it would be difficult to do but I quite like the idea that the clones are say: 100% + 25% + 25% when they're focused on a single target. Then back to their normal, 50% + 50% + 50% when they're all hitting separate targets. Of course number wise it could change, but mechanically I just feel like it would work better that way. It also doesn't fix every problem with the ability, but it would be a start.