Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how would you fix keystone quitting?

My initial thought was that you can only invite a new player if someone LEAVES.

meaning you can't kick someone and replace them, a player has to actually leave in order for you to invite someone else.

the only abuse I can think of that would come from this, is groups literally just sitting there and saying they wont go anywhere until the person they want go submits and willingly leaves, which is ridiculous and wouldn't happen nearly as often as if you could replace someone simply by kicking them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post

meaning you can't kick someone and replace them, a player has to actually leave in order for you to invite someone else.

the only abuse I can think of that would come from this, is groups literally just sitting there and saying they wont go anywhere until the person they want go submits and willingly leaves, which is ridiculous and wouldn't happen nearly as often as if you could replace someone simply by kicking them.
    A pause feature... like a saved lockout.

Get rid of the timers.

This seems like a problem that really only affects sub par dps classes.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I would make it so that you could trade players with the correct keys as the leaving player, pausing the timer until the next pull. If a player leaves, then their key isn't consumed, but they have no loot.

The only way I could see someone extorting this is through specific key carries, having two people with the same key, and forcing one to leave, say, before the last boss or something, then bringing the carry player in for the last fight. Also, someone leaving because of the timer, and forcing the group to look for someone else to join, consuming their similar key for the poor timer... something that you'd only likely be able to do by having a friend that happens to have the same key or something.

Not much of a solution for the work that it would be to implement, but my two cents.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Don't deplete keystone unless run is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    Remove the entire depleted system then? Sounds silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    That would basically remove the entire depletion system, because if you're behind the timer, you'll just run out and reset.

OT: By removing keystones and M+.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I stated in the other thread on this:

1) Give no loot on depletion of a keystone.
    2) Give artifact power token only on completed run after depletion.
    3) Allow reset of Instance at anytime (Depletes current Keystone)
    4) Reset keystone with loot (1 chest only) on completion of dungeon within timer even if working on depleted keystone.
    5) Allow 2 and 3 chests runs on non-depleted keystones

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say I'm in Maw M+ with a heavily stacked aoe grp and at the start I pull everything up to but not including the boss and nobody is over 200k I'm hearthing fam.....I'll take my instant tank invites with my high ilvl and 3 chest somewhere else. Keystone quitting is fine by me if you don't want to happen group with friends or just play better.

Made by dubbelbasse

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so, in my above case there. If it was your keystone. And you wish to use it again. You can run a 1 chest run in timer to reset the keystone. Or you can go on to someone else stone as per normal.

As for the group, they find another tank and rerun the stone for 1 chest if it was one of their stones. Nothing spectacular, they probably weren't getting more then 1 chest anyways.

In both cases, it penalizes the keystone owner appropriately without completely making it so they cannot get a group the rest of the week.

if KEYHOLDER LEAVES, keyholder can no longer receive loot from said key until it upgrades
    if ANY PLAYER HAS RECEIVED LOOT FROM A KEY, they can no longer receive loot until said key upgrades
    if NON KEYHOLDER LEAVES, the keyholder may reform group if they do NOT decide to finish the instance, also, the NON KEYHOLDING PLAYER, who willingly left, is banished from said key's instance, until it upgrades to a different key.
    FAILING TO UPGRADE A KEYSTONE 3 TIMES (WITH DIFFERENT GROUP COMPS) RESULTS IN SAID KEYSTONE BEING DOWNGRADED TO A +2 PERMAMENTLY. (to prevent people from selling/abusing +10 and letting timer expire right before final boss to avoid key upgrade)

i fix it by not going with unreliable people ;>

Simple solution would be to get rid of 2/3 chest runs and only give extra AP for fast runs. If there's only 1 chest, Noone would leave, if you don't beat the timer, as there will still be loot at the end. The same amount of loot to be correct. Removal of 2/3 chest runs would also remove the skipping of some difficulties.

Deleted
    who ever leaves get the key he has depleted and dont get loot next week. done.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people demand crazy items... like permanently downgrade it to +2? Or ban the person from the game for 28 days. That is just dumb. Example: I have charter cable. They don't tell me when they are going to do maintenance on my lines. A windstorm happens in my area, (I have a ton of trees around me) suddenly my cable goes out. I have by your standards abandoned the group. My stone should be permanently reduced to a +2 stone and I should be banned from the game for 28 days! That is dumb and a very poor business model for a company that wants to keep customers.

Make the game so you can keep running the edge of your ability. And people will continue to do that. They will stick with it until they get everything they want from the task. The goal is to have repeatable content that doesn't anger the customer. My strategy basically makes it that you keep doing instances until you hit that brick wall of difficulty. Then at that point, your probably going to have to wait a week for your stone to downgrade a couple times in order to push back upto the same point.

The real issue comes in for those people that get carried to way above their current stone capabilities. Say, I am geared to do +6s... I get in a group that does a +10. Now, next week it drops to a +8 but, I can only get in +6 groups. My stone is completely useless until it downgrades once or twice again in the next week or two.

Deleted
    Instead of depleting, keystone level drops by 2, can't drop below m+1.

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post

There is nothing to fix.

If someone leaves and your keystone depletes just run it again and re-activate it. Problem solved.

Don't have friends to run with or can't find someone to join in your run? Try any of the following:
    - Offering a reward or buy someones time for running your depleted stone****
    - Make friends
    - Join another group / use another friend's key

The problem here is that you're rolling the dice by trying to pick up a random stranger to join a very difficult task. You know nothing of this random person you've picked outside of maybe their item level. You've no idea if they are 13 and their parents are about to come into their room and scream at them to get off the PC. You have no idea if they are some poor 20 something living in rural New Mexico running a spotty DSL line and they disconnect a lot. You have no idea that their cat is about to get stuck in their toaster.

You're taking a dangerous risk by trying to pick up a stranger for these things. Just don't do it. Make friends, go with people you trust. The inherent problem you're facing is two fold. 1. People can be shitty in general and do mean things to spite you 2. You're rolling with strangers who might run into any of a 100,000 different things that might cause them to leave/DC/jump ship on a run.

In short, you've made the problem yourself by attempting to run these difficult modes the dungeon with strangers.

**** Note: If my suggestion of offering to pay offends you remember you're asking for someones time and they get no AP or loot out of it. You need to make it worth their time and effort. You probably don't go to your job and work for zero pay why would anyone want to use their time on your depleted key without being compensated? Friends are more likely to give you their time for nothing but not complete strangers.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    @kaneo: That actually would cause a totally different issue. You have to make it so the stone resets at the beginning of each week otherwise it will result in this effect.

Hey, what do we have.. Maw +10, HoV +8, .... Ok, going to reset all the Maws first... Enter, put key in, everyone step out, reset instance. What do you have now? HoV+8. Ok, guys we going over to HoV to reset those! After a half hour, Ok, everyone we back to Mythic +2 on all our keys? Ok, lets run for chance at legendary and titanforged!

So, yeah, pretty much have to only do the drops once a week.

Instead of working towards a problem to get people to stay (which you cant). There should be a solution to not punish the key holder.

Get rid of depleted function

Didn't make the time - No Loot, Try again

Made the time - Chests based on time completed + upgraded key

This allows leavers to leave without penalty while also allowing the key holder to retry the instance without pentalty

"But that means you can just quit if you're not going to make the time"
    -That's correct! You can already do that currently with depleted, this at least allows people to keep retrying and progressing with an eventual reward for making it.