Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Both from FF14. Oh and this one as a bonus.

Will link more from FF14 as the thread goes on if it does. Not gonna spam em all into one go.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-15 at 06:54 PM.

Deleted
    Rabi Ribi:

Ori and the Blind Forest:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Easy, Brutal Legend.
    Brutal Legend is kind of cheating though, slap together a bunch of iconic rock & metal songs and you got yourself a great soundtrack, no doubt. However original soundtracks should be up for consideration here.

And in that sense I'd like to throw the recent Fire Emblem games/soundtracks into the mix

I'm showing my age here but I bloody loved this when I was a kid:

My favourite Mega Drive game. The most amazing OST I've ever heard.

Thunder Force IV.

The playstation Final Fantasies and Metal Gear games soundtracks are very memorable for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Endless Space. I freaking love this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Playstation 1 Castlevania: Symphony of the night still is the king.

D1/D2 Tristram theme is still the single best piece of videogame music ever:

Of something more recent, the entire Stellaris soundtrack is amazing. Most Sci-Fi 4X and RTS games have good soundtracks (Endless Space was linked earlier, also a goodie), but this one stood out:

They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Prefer the Ard skellig tracks in the witcher 3, and i agree that the dragon age inquisition soundtrack is great.

another soundtrack worth listening to is the Borderlands 2 soundtrack

However this is probably my favorite at the moment

Surprised noone mentioned Command & Conquer yet, I pretty much love all of Frank Keplacki's work:

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post

My favourite Mega Drive game. The most amazing OST I've ever heard.

Thunder Force IV.
    Replace the synths with a couple of electric guitars and you have an awesome 80s metal tune! That's an amazing song

I will also vouch for FFXIX, Wildstar and yes, even WoW for having excellent soundtracks, but my all-time favourites out of an endless list are these two games (The Secret World and Icewind Dale):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jlJYyZ9M78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd8BMF8dQpI

FF6 and 7 were great.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    FF6 and 7 were great.

Favorite FF6 piece of music. This one makes me think "right shit is so going down right now"

Favorite FF7 piece. This and the world map music really make me feel I'm on an adventure.

Added bonus my favourite piece from 8. Makes me think the same as FF6.

Deleted
    Can't beat the funk that is

10+ Year Old Account
    Best soundtrack in the history of gaming ? for some probably, like Donkey Kong Country 2, for some others in this topic, I agree it's a matter of taste, but just no, there has to be a certain level of musical genius achieved in my opinion which is not the case with some shared soundtrack.

There is a ton of incredible video game music, but those 4 games gets quantity as well as quality, where a huge number of other VGM could shine on a few tracks but not on the rest of the soundtrack. I recommend to check Supradarky channel if you like VGM https://www.youtube.com/user/SupraDarky/playlists

I would say it's either a DK soundtrack

Or castlevania SOTN

or Chrono Trigger

or a Final Fantasy, 6 probably (I know this track has been over used now but maybe some doesn't know about it)
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-10-15 at 10:15 PM.

Speaking of Castlevania. Rondo of Blood has a badass remix of Bloody Tears.

Journey is in a completely different league from anything else. Austin Wintory, the composer, is brilliant.

Also love Fable, and WoW WotlK and beyond. Best stuff in the industry today.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Surprised noone mentioned Command & Conquer yet, I pretty much love all of Frank Keplacki's work:
    Was going to bounce in here and say this is one of the more disappointing threads around right now but you saved it lol.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

For me it's RS music just because of the nostalgia. Also WoW music, especially WoTLK music.