Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mystery of the Bermuda Triangle Potentially Solved

http://www.sciencechannel.com/embed?page=70917

If nothing else, a cool discovery.

Strange clouds forming above the Bermuda Triangle could explain why dozens of ships and planes have mysteriously vanished in the notorious patch of sea.

The remarkable new theory suggests the clouds are linked to 170-mph “air bombs” — capable of bringing down planes and ships.

Now the riddle could finally be solved after meteorologists speaking to the Science Channel’s “What on Earth?” revealed their findings.

Using radar satellite imagery, they discovered bizarre “hexagonal”-shaped clouds between 20 and 50 miles wide forming over the dodgy patch of water.

Meteorologist Dr. Randy Cerveny said: “The satellite imagery is really bizarre … the hexagonal shapes of the cloud formations.

“These types of hexagonal shapes in the ocean are in essence air bombs. They’re formed by what is called microbursts and they’re blasts of air.”

The blasts of air are so powerful, they can reach 170 mph — a hurricane-like force easily capable of sinking ships and downing planes.

For centuries, the notorious Bermuda Triangle — located between Miami, Puerto Rico and the island of Bermuda — has been linked with a high number of unexplained disappearances of aircraft and ships in its waters.

The reasons behind the losses have baffled researchers for decades.

SOURCE:https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/202073...tretch-of-sea/
    Last edited by Provenance; 2016-10-21 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No recap for people who can't watch the video atm?
    Fixed. Sorry about that!

10+ Year Old Account
    What mystery? Draw a triangle on the map, there will be a high number of "lost ships & planes" within that area. It's arbitrary.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Swear I've read somewhere that that particular patch of ocean is statistically no more dangerous than any other and that the amount of wrecks/crashes is in line with the average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    What mystery? Draw a triangle on the map, there will be a high number of "lost ships & planes" within that area. It's arbitrary.
    I think the "mystery" behind the whole thing is based on the circumstances that caused the ships/planes to crash in that area. There are supposedly famous cases that have little to no explanation for their occurrence, but it could definitely just be superstition.

- - - Updated - - -

It's an interesting finding, but we'll have to see if they can explain why this occurs. Even then I'm not sure it can explain all the disappearances.
    Yeah. Its one of those subjects that I like to revisit for new findings every now and then. Lol. We will see what comes of this.

Thank you, you need to go tell the scientific community how much smarter you are than them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Thank you, you need to go tell the scientific community how much smarter you are than them.
    The Science channel is to science as the Learning channel is to learning.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Science channel is to science as the Learning channel is to learning.
    So maybe you should tell us what actually happened to all of the disappearances there. Since you're smarter than the average bear and all.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So maybe you should tell us what actually happened to all of the disappearances there. Since you're smarter than the average bear and all.
    Boats and planes disappear... if there was a region where this didn't happen over a similar time frame, that would be weird.

-Kujako-

i've encountered a microburst before, it is certainly spooky. sky turns funny colors, wind does odd things. next thing you know the roof of your house has been ripped off.

It's an interesting finding, but we'll have to see if they can explain why this occurs. Even then I'm not sure it can explain all the disappearances.
    There aren't any disappearances to explain. The bermuda triangle is 100% bullshit, it was literally made up by a newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i've encountered a microburst before, it is certainly spooky. sky turns funny colors, wind does odd things. next thing you know the roof of your house has been ripped off.
    It's interesting seeing micro bursts from a distance.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all a cover-up. There's aliens there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    It's all a cover-up. There's aliens there.
    So you're saying we should build a wall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Statistically, that area is no more dangerous than any other equally-sized area. There is no mystery.

But what causes the micro bursts?

I ain't saying it's aliens, but...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Statistically, that area is no more dangerous than any other equally-sized area. There is no mystery.
    That's just a conspiracy to keep the civilians calm.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    This, a hundred times. Its just sensationalist bullshit made up by people.

Deleted
    Bermuda Triangle. Bah.

For various reasons, at one point in our lifes, we accept that Santa Claus isn't real. Every few month or so, we have to convince ourselves via a tv documentary, that the Bermuda Triangle is/isn't a paranormal phenomenon.

Maybe the three ghosts of Christmas are real ? PLZ TELL ME TLC !????

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    This, a hundred times. Its just sensationalist bullshit made up by people.
    It's also an area of the sea that sees more traffic than other areas. I mean....NO! IT'S SPOOKY STUFF!

We have ships and planes crossing it as we speak... At this point in time TV science channels are less credible than wikipedia. What next, Egyptians were Aliens, Hitler is hidding in Argentina, there is an hidden animal deep in the amazon that is possibly smarter then humans that has yet to be found. Oh wait.... i was actually reading the daily broadcast.