Deleted

Gaming build in range 750 - 900

Good evening helpful fellows

I've been reading through some topics and I picked some components which I think match my preference.
    The purpose of the build is to play games like WoW Legion, Skyrim(modded) and Witcher 3.
    My budget range is about €750 - €900 (Netherlands), so any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated.

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6gb
    CPU: Intel core i5-6500k 3,2ghz 6mb
    Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB
    Power Supply: EVGA 600b bronze
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb SSD
    Case: NZXT source 210 elite

For the RAM I am also looking at 1x 8gb instead. (For instance Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4)

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by mmoc7b3026196d; 2016-10-17 at 09:28 PM.

If you buy a motherboard with two ram slots 1x8 is fine, but ideally you could find one with 4 slots and get a 2x8gb kit. Couple other changes you could make is a lower power but higher quality PSU for a similar price, gold rated preferably. I would also look a t 480gb SSD's, samsung carries a large price premium you could probably find a 480gb ssd for not a whole lot more money than a 250gb samsung. You could also look at the 3gb model gtx 1060, its a much better deal than the 6gb card and is only 5-7% slower on average.

Quote Originally Posted by fergious View Post
    Good evening helpful fellows

I've been reading through some topics and I picked some components which I think match my preference.
    The purpose of the build is to play games like WoW Legion, Skyrim(modded) and Witcher 3.
    My budget range is about €750 - €900 (Netherlands), so any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated.

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6gb
    CPU: Intel core i5-6500k 3,2ghz 6mb
    Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB
    Power Supply: EVGA 600b bronze
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb SSD
    Case: NZXT source 210 elite

For the RAM I am also looking at 1x 8gb instead. (For instance Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4)

Thank you in advance!
    I like your build but if you not overclock the 6500k, buy a 6500 non-K instead or if you overclock, go with the 6500k and buy a z170 motherboard instead a B150.

I recommend this MOBO for the 6500k:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/GYH...tyz170gamingk4

Best motherboard under $130

And best CPU air cooler price/performance:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hJF...ler-gammaxx400

Also, it's better 2x RAM modules because you can benefit the dual channel technology. Buy 2x8gb or 2x4gb
    Last edited by Dhaern; 2016-10-18 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhaern View Post
    Also, it's better 2x RAM modules because you can benefit the dual channel technology. Buy 2x8gb or 2x4gb
    Thanks for your replies guys. I haven't heard of x2 RAM preference before, so that's a big help
    I am not really planning on overclocking, so 6500 would be a good idea.

About the GPU cooler, often I don't see it mentioned in the builds on this forum. Should I include one in this build?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by fergious View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys. I haven't heard of x2 RAM preference before, so that's a big help
    I am not really planning on overclocking, so 6500 would be a good idea.

About the GPU cooler, often I don't see it mentioned in the builds on this forum. Should I include one in this build?

Cheers!
    Not GPU cooler, CPU cooler but if you buy a 6500 non K you can use the default intel cpu cooler. Custom CPU coolers are for K cpus because Intel not include default coolers inside K CPUs box nowadays.