Mythic Dragons Questions / Hints Needed

Our 2 night guild got Ursoc down, sitting at 3/7M We are on to Dragons next. We are planning on using the Proper Bird / Tactics guide strategy.

1) Start with dragons stacked until 90%, hero on pull
    2) Portal group = Disc (or mistweaver/hpally?), DH, Rogue, Warrior, Enhance
    3) Tank bosses as far away as possible with their butts against a wall, faces towards each other/mid
    4) Left/Right groups will swap sides of the dragon when one side gets full of sleep clouds
    5) Healers will dispel the three shadow burst spreads (2 first, then 1 immediately off CD before it can spread) - 5 healing
    6) Hunters will misdirect little adds to tanks
    7) Spriest has mass dispel and Monk has Revival for emergency dispels
    8) I know portal rotation and dragon rotation.
    9) Swapping at 6-7 stacks of mark
    10) Adds > All

Questions I have:

1) Our DH and Enhance are usually our top DPS - but I read they are great in portal phase. Is it better to have their high dps on the boss, or on the portal adds? Are you wanting to send medium DPS into the portal realm, or your best DPS?

2) What happens if healers mess up dispels? Will shadow burst spread forever and ever? I am a bit worried about that - also if dispels are on CD and roots come out, is it possible to survive the burst damage with a large CD or is that person just effed?

3) I read 60-40% is the hardest, any tips for this portion?

And, in general, any tips you have to help us get our kill quicker and help me feel more prepared. If you have a great kill video feel free to share!

shadow burst doesn't 'spread.' The initial application counts down and applies three debuffs to the nearest people to the affected player and that's it, although subsequent shadow burst debuffs can stack.

the root aoe is not really survivable aside from immunities; most classes are able to break the root without an external dispel, but it's a good idea for healers to watch the timer and try to have a dispel available just in case. You can also have paladins hold their freedom to help classes without a native snare break (priests.)

small adds can generally just be burned down by ranged without needing to be tanked; you shouldn't be getting many of these anyway.

shamans are good healers for the portal because they can help interrupt, but really anybody can do it.

you really dont need to dispel the shadow burst unless it gets to 2+ stacks, the actual main benefit of dispelling it is just an easier time seeing the root debuff lol. (though we have a shadow priest for each side who mass dispels the roots)

make sure you dont let the person the with volatile infection or w/e (pulsing aoe debuff) soak the flowers since that will be too much damage. make sure you have your side stack when the spirits are forming so you can easily stun and aoe them down.

that fight is just aids though, i hold no judgement to anyone wiping on it. good luck to you.

We're also 3/7 mythic and started this fight last night. We only got 7 pulls in but I don't think we made it to the first dragon switch a single time with everyone alive, although people weren't interupting the essence. Would you say the corrupted adds (oozes) or the horrors take priority for ranged dps? Also as a tank should I be trying to pick up the oozes as well so they dont melee people. Fight seems a lot more difficult than the other 3 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post

Questions I have:

1) Our DH and Enhance are usually our top DPS - but I read they are great in portal phase. Is it better to have their high dps on the boss, or on the portal adds? Are you wanting to send medium DPS into the portal realm, or your best DPS?

2) What happens if healers mess up dispels? Will shadow burst spread forever and ever? I am a bit worried about that - also if dispels are on CD and roots come out, is it possible to survive the burst damage with a large CD or is that person just effed?

3) I read 60-40% is the hardest, any tips for this portion?

And, in general, any tips you have to help us get our kill quicker and help me feel more prepared. If you have a great kill video feel free to share!

1) The DPS isnt really important for this fight, as long as you can deal with the adds in a timely manner. (Our best dps are also our melee but it we just sent them in so they could deal with the monster asap (with interrupts) and come out to help

2) Dispels are only important mostly for roots or sleeps(the clouds) . The shadow burst is not that high priority imo

3) For this, what we did was pop lust during this phase, right around when the 2nd portal opened up. We didnt use DPS pots for this phase, and saved that for later on when the shadow adds (forgot the name, the one that heals the dragons once they reach the other side). This made the 60~40 phase much shorter while made handling adds on the last 'phase' much easier

We actually didnt start with the dragons stacked up. We realized we didnt get much benefit from it (other than more damage /faster portal spawn at the cost of early stacks of debuff)and we just split them up asap and kept the stacks low. We would swap at around 5(when the dragons first reached 100 energy and cast their spell) and then swapped everytime the other dragon's debuff dropped off.

This kept our stacks low throughout the whole fight meaning that people didnt get gimped by mechanics by having low health. (Low stacks = easier to keep raid at roughly full health the whole time). Raid CDs before/after fears depending on the CD (tide/aura mastery before, hymm/tranq after) meant that our raid was healthy for the majority of the fight. (FYI our healers arent really the best and probably the weakest part of our roster, so this made our kill possible imo. Our earlier attempts with keeping dragons stacked up at the start meant that we could only swap at around 7~8 stacks, which lead to unnecessary deaths through flower spawn knockbacks.

Keeping everyone up till 40% got us a kill about 2 attemps later. With everyone up the shadow adds weren't much of an issue (especially with saved up potions).

Its not about getting overall dps up (by stacking every cooldowns with lust and potions, like Ursoc) but spreading out your bursts so that certain mechanics are easier IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellr View Post
    We're also 3/7 mythic and started this fight last night. We only got 7 pulls in but I don't think we made it to the first dragon switch a single time with everyone alive, although people weren't interupting the essence. Would you say the corrupted adds (oozes) or the horrors take priority for ranged dps? Also as a tank should I be trying to pick up the oozes as well so they dont melee people. Fight seems a lot more difficult than the other 3 so far.
    I'd say the horrors take priority. They give a 50% damage reduction aura and are really easy to kill. After they're dealt with the oozes are not that hard to kill. You can stun the oozes so if you're short on interrupts, you can use aoe stuns to keep them from casting (their first casts happen at the same time so stun them for that). As a tank, the oozes should be easy to pick up since they spawn right below the boss. Ooze cast interrupts are a must since they deal so much aoe damage to the entire raid, and may lead to a raid member getting gimped by other mechanics (like flower spawn knockbacks)
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2016-10-21 at 08:38 PM.

Your portal group should be consistent, regardless of comp incentives. You need the interrupt rotation to be on point as much as possible.

The dragons aren't a DPS race themselves. Adds are important, but the only truly DPS-intensive part is AoEing down the spirits when Lethon is on the ground, and somewhat while Taerar's images are alive. Triple-breath on the tanks is probably the peak of tank damage by far and it's quite dangerous without a cooldown(s).

Lethon is the hardest point, as the spirits have a fair amount of health. If you aren't stacked or have the utility to bring them together and CC them DPSing them can be a pain. Expect to wipe most here when you've got the fight down.

Don't have anyone with infection soaking flowers without a cooldown or as a last resort. My raid is ranged heavy, so having healers and ranged DPS soaking is pretty easy for us, so melee rarely needs to soak.

Lastly, balance your sides with the portal group's absence in mind. You can't stack your damage to one side, since both will have to deal with the mechanics. When it comes to the spirits during Lethon, it's crucial that you have your AoE capability as equal as possible, so that one side doesn't fail and force your tanks to drag the dragons all over the place as you finish them off.