Thread: Healing Tips

Healing Tips

I'm new to healing. My main is 860 WW Monk. I have been messing with MW spec lately.
    I am trying out some 5 man mythics and sometimes I feel like no matter how many heals I am throwing out bars are not going up. I then kind of panic and things usually get worse.

Can anyone give me tips on what my main heals are in 5 mans?
    I feel like I have no room to breath when I heal. Just panic spamming stuff hoping people don't die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Always have Renewing Mist on cooldown.

For BIG healing use Enveloping Mist+Artifact Ability(if has stacks) and spam cast Effuse/Vivify.

I mainly use Enveloping Mist for anyone I need to get up ASAP, and the rest of the time keeping Renewing Mist on cooldown and casting Vivify.

Check out some guides though for talents etc.

Deleted
    Completely agree with the above post, but can add some extra info.

Renewing mist on cooldown is very important since it can proc extra healing on your Vivify, and Vivify is your main aoe heal in 5 man. Using Renewing mist with Thunder focus tea (TFT) lets you get more Renewing mists out, hence more procs, so TFT should be used with Renewing mists as much as possible. Make sure to spread them out on different targets so they don't overwrite.

Enveloping mist is your "oh poop, this guy is gonna die" button. Keep it on tanks who are low or spike a lot and on dps who run low on life. Using this with Thunder focus tea is very strong, since it becomes an instant cast. Because Enveloping mist adds extra healing to the target you should also follow it up with another heal as mentioned in the previous post. If this isn't needed then you probably shouldn't have used Enveloping mist in the first place.

Last but not least - don't be afraid to use your cooldowns. Using Chi-Ji (talent) if you are in awkward spot helps a lot, aswell as a Revival or Life Cocoon. If you are in a really bad spot you can also Enveloping mist several people. It can kill your mana pool but may be worth it at times. Enveloping mist together with a proced Vivify is pretty beastly healing.
    Last edited by mmoc796454693f; 2016-10-20 at 07:33 AM.