Deleted

Built new PC, only getting black screen.. :(

Hey guys,

I really need some help and I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

I built a new PC from scratch but I'm not having any luck getting it to work unfortunately.

These are the parts;

Asus GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING
    Asus Z170-A
    Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000 White
    Corsair RM650x
    Corsair H100
    Fractal Design Define R5
    Intel Core i5 6600K
    Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB

Everything is brand new, so there is no OS on the SSD yet. However, I would have expected to get into the BIOS screen at least.
    However, I'm getting a black screen. No beeps, no LED's are lighting up, nothing. The H100 and the fans are working and the GPU is also working.
    The case fans are not yet working, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the black screen.

Here's a video (which basically shows the no LED/no beep thing)

https://youtu.be/T6w69ibVAPA

I'm using extension cables so I tried to remove those to see if that helps anything, but no.

I tried to remove the RAM and then a LED starts lighting up when booting. So I guess that means the RAM is fine.

I plugged my monitor into the motherboard via HDMI instead of into the videocard to see if that helps, but still a black screen.
    If I remove the HDMI cable, my monitor shows a cable popup, so I guess there is some sort of connection.

What else can I do to see what's wrong?

Put the video card in the top slot for one thing (that is the fastest slot). Then plug the monitor into the video card and spam the delete button to see if you get into the bios.

I see you're running an ASUS motherboard. Somewhere on the motherboard there should be a tiny black screen with (when you turn the computer on) two numbers/letters. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0ezRQsgjJpE/hqdefault.jpg It should look something like that. It will shift through many different combinations throughout bootup, but if it stops at anything type it in here. Hopefully the motherboard recognizes a problem.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64