Deleted

Mythic Elerethe help

Hey, i was wondering if you had some tips for the 1st transition phase of Mythic Elerethe. We 3 tank it and follow fatboss's advice on lock gateways.
    Despite that the situation is really chaotic once we're on the second platform and when she casts the channel on our tank, he explodes quite fast even if half raid is soaking appropriately. Any suggestion on the positioning of boss and raid? we're leaving tornadoes at the entrance where vines are. Also any other tips for the second platform is appreciated, 3rd should be the easiest.

We have a tank solo soak the first one and then everyone else stands in the second one.

Tank needs a huge cooldown. I use SI + Barkskin and some ironfurs.
    That's over 90% DR.

Deleted
    Like other people said you need big cooldowns on the tank. Remember that he takes much more dmg later on during the cast as he gets more and more stacks. So make sure he has the biggest cooldown up for the last few seconds.

If you have a paladin with a prot offspec for your third tank they can completely ignore the mechanic with divine shield then blessing of spellwarding.

It's physical damage right? You should be fine to have a pally use BoP on the tank and solo soak it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumstein View Post
    It's physical damage right? You should be fine to have a pally use BoP on the tank and solo soak it.
    Nature damage.

Deleted
    If you have a pally tank you can have him soak both of them with divine shield and blessing of spellwarding

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Tank needs a huge cooldown. I use SI + Barkskin and some ironfurs.
    That's over 90% DR.
    not quite how % damage reductions work

we had 2 prot palas that used that spell warding thing for each of them

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Nature damage.
    Well then. Definitely need personal CDs here, as SPriest I found that it worked best if I spammed PW:S and Shadowmend throughout these few seconds on the tank (when I wasn't soaking), smoothed it out a lot for our healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    not quite how % damage reductions work
    Calculated with DR, about 90%. 35% ursol 20% barkskin 60% SI. Passive DR. Maybe an external. I'm not just adding up, not an idiot.
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2016-10-21 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CardboxHero View Post
    Hey, i was wondering if you had some tips for the 1st transition phase of Mythic Elerethe. We 3 tank it and follow fatboss's advice on lock gateways.
    Despite that the situation is really chaotic once we're on the second platform and when she casts the channel on our tank, he explodes quite fast even if half raid is soaking appropriately. Any suggestion on the positioning of boss and raid? we're leaving tornadoes at the entrance where vines are. Also any other tips for the second platform is appreciated, 3rd should be the easiest.
    Is one of your tanks a pally, if not I highly suggest you use a Pally Tank. First one he solo soaks with bubble and charger to not be knocked off. Second one a different tank solo soaks with Blessing of Spellwarding from the Pally Tank, it completely negates all damage and only the pushback happens(so suggested that a high mobility second tank does this). Having a Pally Tank literally negates the whole problematic mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Calculated with DR, about 90%. 35% ursol 20% barkskin 60% SI. Passive DR. Maybe an external. I'm not just adding up, not an idiot.
    That's only a 79.2% damage reduction! You're taking over twice the damage of what 90% DR would be! Gosh.

Prot pally can solo soak both of them with spellwarding and bubble taunt. Or if you don't have a pally just stack 10 people in the first one and 10 in the second one. Once you get past that it's basically the same as the first platform, you just have extra tornadoes and shit everywhere and you need to not panic and deal with the spider aggro properly.

If one of your tanks is a DK, they can soak both Violent Winds fairly easy with AMS on the first one and VB on the second while being in Death Strike range of the boss (the pushback isn't too much). Helps immensely and allows for one soaker to negate all damage, letting your healers handle the others and the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post
    That's only a 79.2% damage reduction! You're taking over twice the damage of what 90% DR would be! Gosh.
    Oh noes, I forgot SOTR, and you forgot 30% from External. That takes us to 89.8% DR. Oh noes.
    Anyways. 70-75% DR is enough to survive it if people are soaking. I'd pop everything if I was solosoaking that shit though.