Deleted

Potion of prolonged power? (unholy)

Hey guys since the new patch has come I wondered if anyone had done some testing with this potion? I just tried it in heroic emerald nightmare and it felt pretty good but I switched back to old war for a half mythic clear and my dps felt a bit lower. Not sure if this was just because I lost focus or what. Anyone else got a comment on this?

Old War by a little bit. Were talking 2-3k. Not sure its worth it considering the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Old War by a little bit. Were talking 2-3k. Not sure its worth it considering the costs.
    Yeah. Unless you're really going minmax, the difference is retarded in terms of price. Old War are at least 750 _EACH_ on my realm, and the Prolonged Power is barely 40g.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

If I had one comment it is that the prolonged power potion is actually cheaper to make.

If Bloods of sargares are now measured by what raw mats you can get 1 blood = 10 prolonged lower.

it would take 3 bloods to get roughly 3 old war potion.

If the DPS difference is truly small, I wonder why everyone wouldn't move to prolonged.

I don't understand how you can saw that potion is competitive. Do you mean it is if you are undergeared?
    Old War does more damage based on how much damage you do, so it would entirely depend on your existing stats and burst potential.
    That is the reason Old War is the best option always, because the more gear you get the better the potion gets.
    The 2500 stats is cheap and lasts for 2 minutes, but that will always be the same. Its basically like a second flask for 2 minutes, which can be very good if the fight itself is only 2 minutes, but for longer Mythic encounters I will take burst that gets better with my own damage weekly for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Yeah. Unless you're really going minmax, the difference is retarded in terms of price. Old War are at least 750 _EACH_ on my realm, and the Prolonged Power is barely 40g.
    They will be going down significantly.
    Just made 6k potions between Old War and Deadly Grace.
    That was with about 12 people donating their bloods to the bank.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I don't understand how you can saw that potion is competitive. Do you mean it is if you are undergeared?
    Old War does more damage based on how much damage you do, so it would entirely depend on your existing stats and burst potential.
    That is the reason Old War is the best option always, because the more gear you get the better the potion gets.
    The 2500 stats is cheap and lasts for 2 minutes, but that will always be the same. Its basically like a second flask for 2 minutes, which can be very good if the fight itself is only 2 minutes, but for longer Mythic encounters I will take burst that gets better with my own damage weekly for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

For some classes the difference between old war and Prolonged power is minimal at best. For unholy DK who gets alot of damage from stuff that isn't direct melee attacks it isn't as awesome.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skeng View Post
    Hey guys since the new patch has come I wondered if anyone had done some testing with this potion? I just tried it in heroic emerald nightmare and it felt pretty good but I switched back to old war for a half mythic clear and my dps felt a bit lower. Not sure if this was just because I lost focus or what. Anyone else got a comment on this?
    Pretty sure old war is still ahead by a small margin. Another reason why you did more damage with the prolonging power is because you were doing heroic and using old war for mythic. If you popped old war during your heroic run I bet you'd be doing more dps with it than the other pot.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It's +2500 Str for 1 min, it gets boosted by FC, and scales with our gear. Old War may sim slightly better on ST, but the difference is very minor. The new potions are great for AoE and Mythic+

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    It's +2500 Str for 1 min, it gets boosted by FC, and scales with our gear. Old War may sim slightly better on ST, but the difference is very minor. The new potions are great for AoE and Mythic+

It's a flat 2500. How does it scale?
    If anything, Old War scales with gear and improvement to playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    It's a flat 2500. How does it scale?
    If anything, Old War scales with gear and improvement to playstyle.
    Strength is not a linear damage increase because abilities have corefficients based on your AP. Meaning as your gear increases so too will the potion depending on which ability its affecting.

that being said, old war is still better, but hes not wrong to say that it scales.