Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why is Sylvanas becoming this?

Just want to start with saying that this is not a troll post! Even though some stuff is pretty "meme-y"

Anyways!

From what i have seen happening in Legion with her i've just become totally speechless, she's more or less like Yrel now. With the sudden Warchief stuff to the stuff with the lantern AND her not accepting death as she's supposed to!

Now let me be clear with that last statement, everyone knows that the forsaken will die out without something that can keep them afoot, like the val'kyr. Sylvanas has been saying this alot since cataclysm and says she's fighting for the forsaken, but now it seems like she's just fighting for herself. The "forsaken" as i see it from her viewpoint is just Sylvanas Windrunner, the Banshee Queen! And her loyal subjects..... To me it seems blizzard has dun goof'd with how her storyline has become, from being ressurected by Arthas after getting killed by him, to wanting revenge, to having nothing to do and lastly taking the val'kyr from the scourge to herself for creating new forsaken. I remember playing WC3 and really hating Arthas and being compassionate for Sylvanas due to what happened, but right now i'm utterly disgusted. Is she being written to become a Villan alá Lich Queen? Will she get a cheesy redemption story *cough* illidan and Xe'ra fanfic *cough* feat. Fuccboi Nathanos? And also i want to bring up Genn, that poor wolf. He lost his son due to Sylvanas wanting to forcefully take Gilneas (I know that it would be a strategic point of defense for the horde and Garrosh etc). And the way the Stormheim scenario played out i hope she realizes what she is doing. She deserved to have her hopes and dreams crushed for all the stuff she has done.

Now one thing is pretty damn retarded about the forsaken and sylvanas story. If she is removed, what happens then? Who will represent the forsaken that can be on par with Sylvanas? So many questions, but i'd like to discuss it with you guys. Input is a good way to create theories!

IMO...and that of others...Sylvanas has ALWAYS been the "Lich Queen".

It's part of her charm and what makes the Forsaken so unique as a player race.

The bad guys always get the best lines.

The only problem is that Blizzard are a little too free with the plot armour when it comes go Sylvanas. It diminishes her and everyone else

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanus lost her sense as character after WoTLK. Ideally she should had died during fight with Arthas but meh... Since Cataclysm she slowly become what she fought against - Lich King. I dont care what will happen to her just make her dead. Permanently.

PS Main problem of Forsaken is Sylvanus. Many people dont see them without Banshee Queen. Legion is great opportunity to split them.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Sylvanus lost her sense as character after WoTLK. Ideally she should had died during fight with Arthas but meh... Since Cataclysm she slowly become what she fought against - Lich King. I dont care what will happen to her just make her dead. Permanently.

PS Main problem of Forsaken is Sylvanus. Many people dont see them without Banshee Queen. Legion is great opportunity to split them.
    How is it a great opportunity to split them? How would you progress their story personally?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamnent View Post
    How is it a great opportunity to split them? How would you progress their story personally?
    Allthough I haven't done the Stormheim quest as Horde, Nathanos Blightcaller seems to be one way to do it. Of course he's buddies with Sylvanas, but that won't stop Blizzard if they want Sylvanas dead and have another person lead the Forsaken.

Because reasons, they are doing to Sylvanas what they did to Jaina, only time will tell to what extent

this is not a troll post
    yes it is .. it was as you soon as you typed out "Lich Queen"

hi, Mr. Troll !

Didn't Sylvanas pretty much call herself the Lich Queen in Silverpine Forest?
    Garrosh asked her what the difference between her and the Lich King was.
    "Isn't it obvious, I serve the Horde." or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Fiddlewick; 2016-10-19 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Was meant as a reply to Life-Binder

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlewick View Post
    Didn't Sylvanas pretty much call herself the Lich Queen in Silverpine Forest?
    Garrosh asked her what the difference between her and the Lich King was.
    "Isn't it obvious, I serve the Horde." or something along those lines.
    she was mouthing off sarcastically and not-so-subtly to Garrosh

Fair enough.
    But I'd say that her going full on villian wouldn't be impossible, if they at some point put Alleria back in and she's disgusted by her actions.
    Not some Old god or Legion villian, but more along the lines of the Lich King. Maybe she starts assaulting the Argent Crusade and tries to claim the entirety of Lordaeron.
    (Note. I don't see this happening myself, considering the fact that Horde Leaders are dying like flies atm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    she was mouthing off sarcastically and not-so-subtly to Garrosh
    Sarcasm or no sarcasm, she did not even bother denying the comparison. Garrosh's reaction in Silverpine was one of the few times he was pretty much justified.

because there is no point denying or arguing with a short-fused rage machine like Garrosh who already doesnt like anyone that isnt an orc ...
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2016-10-19 at 09:49 AM.

It was less sarcasm and more a verbal insult as she basically called garrosh the lichking, by having the forsaken ressurect the dead and using them as shocktroops.

Also OT - What would you have her do? Accept the fact that forsaken are undead monsters that all deserve to die and then proceed to jump off to hell with a skip and merrily spend her time in an eternity of torture?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    yes it is .. it was as you soon as you typed out "Lich Queen"

hi, Mr. Troll !
    no lollygaggin'

- - - Updated - - -

Highwhale is right, sylvanas has pretty much lost her sense, just like Thrall. They are just "famous" characters at this point and they're forcing their storylines on us

Sylvanas is walking a slippery slope in Stormheim, as her saving grace is the fact she doesn't force submission. That's pretty much what she was about to do with Eiyr, but thankfully Genn intervened and unwittingly saved her from the villain bat for the time being. I'm waiting in anticipation to see how her story continues from there.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Sylvanas' story-arc is interesting to me because it concerns an often self-serving and often malevolent individual that seems almost fated to ultimately do good. Her crusade against Arthas out of a sense of revenge for turning her into a banshee enables the freedom of the Forsaken from the Scourge, and her desire to escape the dark fate awaiting her in the Shadowlands have led her to protect her adopted people almost zealously. But make no mistake - Sylvanas is, at her core, a creature of endless selfishness and self-interest. The Forsaken were only important to her as weapons to be broken against Scourge, and now as a collective bulwark against the punishment that awaits her - they are, in her own words, "arrows in her quiver." The same theme extends to her when she was alive in her campaign against the Scourge at Quel'thalas, she was willing to sacrifice her Farstriders in the protection of Silvermoon using the same rationale, and she was always capricious and vain.

Sylvanas' attempted imprisonment/enslavement of Eyir is not out of character for her at all, in my view - it's completely the kind of hypocritical action she would carry out to further her own agenda. The outcome of it, of course, was something entirely different. This quirk of her nature may be part of the reason why the Loa chose her to lead the Horde - knowing that while she acts out of self-interest, what she may do may also spell the difference victory and defeat (despite her intentions).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Sylvanas' story-arc is interesting to me because it concerns an often self-serving and often malevolent individual that seems almost fated to ultimately do good. Her crusade against Arthas out of a sense of revenge for turning her into a banshee enables the freedom of the Forsaken from the Scourge, and her desire to escape the dark fate awaiting her in the Shadowlands have led her to protect her adopted people almost zealously. But make no mistake - Sylvanas is, at her core, a creature of endless selfishness and self-interest. The Forsaken were only important to her as weapons to be broken against Scourge, and now as a collective bulwark against the punishment that awaits her - they are, in her own words, "arrows in her quiver." The same theme extends to her when she was alive in her campaign against the Scourge at Quel'thalas, she was willing to sacrifice her Farstriders in the protection of Silvermoon using the same rationale, and she was always capricious and vain.

Sylvanas' attempted imprisonment/enslavement of Eyir is not out of character for her at all, in my view - it's completely the kind of hypocritical action she would carry out to further her own agenda. The outcome of it, of course, was something entirely different. This quirk of her nature may be part of the reason why the Loa chose her to lead the Horde - knowing that while she acts out of self-interest, what she may do may also spell the difference victory and defeat (despite her intentions).
    I definitely see your point for wanting to watch out for the Forsaken, for me though it seems more of that "if I can keep them alive, I can keep myself alive". Now that she's in a higher position of power I think she's going to do whatever she can to save that feeling, because let's be honest, the Horde go through Warchiefs like Taylor Swift goes through boyfriends. I wouldn't be suprised if while we're fighting Helya again soon she tries to strike a deal with her for the lantern, or just straight up swipe the lantern from her. I'm hoping this storyline with Helya and Odyn resolves itself because I'm not a huge fan of it, but I don't think we've seen the last of the possible story lines to sprout from Odyn and his Valajar. It's quite possible that after defeating Helya there will be a "Lich King" style mechanic in place. To elaborate a bit, "there must always be a shepherd to unworthy souls to Helheim" where Sylvanas could then have the Forsaken at her side, and whatever power this lantern will give, whether it allows them to become full blown Forsaken, or something similar to the Kildaver(excuse my butchering of their race).
    Stemming off topic a tad, the expansion after Legion MAY be another race expansion, to where we could be setting up to see the Vrykyl and Kildaver(sorry) join the Alliance and Horde, but who knows what blizzard really has planned.

There is a clear distinction between Sylvanas the ranger general and Sylvanas the banshee, true she threw away rangers to buy time, but ultimately victory was her aim, she demanded these sacrifices, but in the end she was willing to do the exact same thing, she did it not out of selfishness. Sylvanas in undeath became her opposite in many ways but remained similar in others, but ultimately undead Sylvanas is a beast, while the ranger was a general through and through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    There is a clear distinction between Sylvanas the ranger general and Sylvanas the banshee, true she threw away rangers to buy time, but ultimately victory was her aim, she demanded these sacrifices, but in the end she was willing to do the exact same thing, she did it not out of selfishness. Sylvanas in undeath became her opposite in many ways but remained similar in others, but ultimately undead Sylvanas is a beast, while the ranger was a general through and through.
    A matter of degree, I'd think - undeath has only emphasized and exaggerated negative traits Sylvanas has always possessed (which seems to be a common refrain for undeath in WoW). Sylvanas' emotional distance and aloofness while living made her a good general willing to make sacrifices when needed, but in undeath it has become almost psychotic or sociopathic - a willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve her aims. But on the same hand, I don't think ranger-general Sylvanas would be someone that most people would say is a "good person," either. From what we know of other sources have said of her she was vain, willful, and exceedingly proud even in life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reckonize View Post
    I definitely see your point for wanting to watch out for the Forsaken, for me though it seems more of that "if I can keep them alive, I can keep myself alive". Now that she's in a higher position of power I think she's going to do whatever she can to save that feeling, because let's be honest, the Horde go through Warchiefs like Taylor Swift goes through boyfriends. I wouldn't be suprised if while we're fighting Helya again soon she tries to strike a deal with her for the lantern, or just straight up swipe the lantern from her. I'm hoping this storyline with Helya and Odyn resolves itself because I'm not a huge fan of it, but I don't think we've seen the last of the possible story lines to sprout from Odyn and his Valajar. It's quite possible that after defeating Helya there will be a "Lich King" style mechanic in place. To elaborate a bit, "there must always be a shepherd to unworthy souls to Helheim" where Sylvanas could then have the Forsaken at her side, and whatever power this lantern will give, whether it allows them to become full blown Forsaken, or something similar to the Kildaver(excuse my butchering of their race).
    Stemming off topic a tad, the expansion after Legion MAY be another race expansion, to where we could be setting up to see the Vrykyl and Kildaver(sorry) join the Alliance and Horde, but who knows what blizzard really has planned.
    I think Sylvanas becoming Helya's replacement (either functionally or thematically) is definitely a possibility for her future. What this would mean for the Forsaken, or the Horde, I wouldn't even begin to be able to imagine.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The theme of selfishness and self-interest extends to her when she was alive? Welcome to the military, soldiers are expendable. Even if they weren't, it's not self-interest because she did it for Quel'thalas and not herself. And in the end paid the ultimate price herself. And even in undeath if that was still her modus operandi the Legion bio wouldn't talk about her caring about the Forsaken.

Or she attempted to steal her power as the Forsaken leaked data indicates and as such there's no hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.