Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demonic- Talent - No one using

So I've not been happy with Chaos balde's overall and I feel like I get more damage out of Fel Barrage on single target. This is probably wrong but I don't notice any differences. So I was curious why everyone writes off Demonic, do we do it because Icyveins says so? Has anyone tested it recently with getting more points into your artifact weapon and or the Legendary that reduces the cool down of Eye Beam? Even with out a CD for it its something like 40 second more up time on Meta so on a 6 minute fight we would 1 Minute 40 seconds of up-time with it. Which seems better then the other options.

Any opinions on this has anyone tried or have logs to reference.

Quote Originally Posted by yarafx1 View Post
    So I've not been happy with Chaos balde's overall and I feel like I get more damage out of Fel Barrage on single target. This is probably wrong but I don't notice any differences. So I was curious why everyone writes off Demonic, do we do it because Icyveins says so? Has anyone tested it recently with getting more points into your artifact weapon and or the Legendary that reduces the cool down of Eye Beam? Even with out a CD for it its something like 40 second more up time on Meta so on a 6 minute fight we would 1 Minute 40 seconds of up-time with it. Which seems better then the other options.

I have not tried any logs but IMO Demonic is purely a survivability talent. If you have talented Soul Rending that is some monster leeching you can get after every eye beam. However the only thing the talent does damage wise is letting you use chaos strike in Demon Form which is our most powerful attack but the problem with it is that you have just blown away 50 fury because your eyebeam. You can at MOST get in 2 chaos strikes. On single target boss fights you aren't likely to get any soul fragments unless you spec'ed into Demonic appetite then you might get 3-4 eye beams every 2 minutes at best. This is just not as good as either chaos blades or fel barrage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Demonic Appetite soul fragments do NOT reduce the cooldown of eye beam.

Quote Originally Posted by yarafx1 View Post

I've already done the maths for this on another thread and yes, this talent is pretty "nice" but the fights are not long enough to benefit from it instead of CB for the duration he has (unfortunately, like momentum, being dependant on fury ressource for X short seconds is kind of bad design). More precisely, CB allow you to burst HEAVY with a good amount of mastery during 12 sec. of Meta.
    Pulling 700K DPS at pull is pretty nice, all is emphasized and it's at least "on demands". But I see Demonic becoming great with T19 and more gear (and especially maybe DH refactoring after 7.1 ...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCoco View Post
    Maybe it's because it's about "Demonic" and not "Demonic Appetite" ? ...
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2016-10-24 at 04:03 PM.

Does anyone know how to use warcraft logs to see the time line with uptime under Meta vs the energy generated during it?

what demonic should do to be compeditive is refund the fury used for the eyebeam to procc it.

I have use prepared + felblade + Demonic in Normal Nythendra & Ursoc
    I got WCL (item 860 - 862) rank 37th and 176th recently.
    I know its pointless to consider the situation as Normal fight (probably Heroic or even Mythic would be better for reference, but my raid just complete Heroic EN this week), but at least I think Demonic is not totally unusable

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    I've already done the maths for this on another thread and yes, this talent is pretty "nice" but the fights are not long enough to benefit from it instead of CB for the duration he has (unfortunately, like momentum, being dependant on fury ressource for X short seconds is kind of bad design). More precisely, CB allow you to burst HEAVY with a good amount of mastery during 12 sec. of Meta.
    Pulling 700K DPS at pull is pretty nice, all is emphasized and it's at least "on demands". But I see Demonic becoming great with T19 and more gear (and especially maybe DH refactoring after 7.1 ...)

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it's because it's about "Demonic" and not "Demonic Appetite" ? ...
    And the poster above me stated Demonic appetites soul fragments lowers the cooldown of Eye Beam. I corrected him, my bad for not quoting it tho.

And the poster above me stated Demonic appetites soul fragments lowers the cooldown of Eye Beam. I corrected him, my bad for not quoting it tho.
    Oh, right. Reading fast I had the first impression he talked about the fury generation of demonic appetite (DA) who allowed him to get more EB which indeed is irrelevant. You have fury at the right time or not, but not because of taking DA.

Actually it does. I checked it myself. It also works with lowering the cooldown on Chaos Nova. This is of course you have the artifact trait Feast of the Souls.

The fragments from demonic appetite ensure you can get 5+ annihilations.

It still only viable for solo play and withered scenario.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Actually it does. I checked it myself. It also works with lowering the cooldown on Chaos Nova. This is of course you have the artifact trait Feast of the Souls.
    Then thats a recent change. You 100% sure it's the Soul Fragments spawned by Chaos Strike?

Demonic just isn't good damage wise. Contained fury helps a little bit, but the general idea of entering meta for a short time after spending a lot of fury on eye beam just doesn't work well.
    Another issue is that if it was a good choice or even the best then it would be abolsutely ridiculous with soul rending as you would have insane self heal super frequently and you could even abuse this in AoE situations with raddons and killing blows on adds to get a massive uptime.

Demonic and the associated talents (including eye beam stuff) need some work and until that the talent is at best trading damage for extra survivability.

Then thats a recent change. You 100% sure it's the Soul Fragments spawned by Chaos Strike?
    Demonic appetite reduces eye beam cd with the feast on the souls trait since legion released. I have the trait since a month or so and that was the first thing I tested at that time.

Sadly it doesn't help the talent much, you only get one soul fragment every 15 sec and even in dungeons with lots of opprtunities to capitalize on eye beam the benefit seems super small, fragments from killing blows are easily sufficient in dungeons and open world and the only neat thing is the self heal youg et from the talent.

imagine a build in which demonic's effect was to give you a chance at a 8-10 second meta upon consuming a soul fragment

Quote Originally Posted by reokotsae View Post
    imagine a build in which demonic's effect was to give you a chance at a 8-10 second meta upon consuming a soul fragment
    Those were good times where Havok had more then one build route to be competitive.

Now it's Momentum or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Orissan View Post
    Those were good times where Havok had more then one build route to be competitive.

Now it's Momentum or bust.
    The class is young.

So I've not been happy with Chaos balde's overall and I feel like I get more damage out of Fel Barrage on single target.
    You're doing it wrong, maybe you have very little mastery as well.

Demonic feels pretty nice, especially for the +100% leech which allows you to top off your HP in mythic+ and raids; it's not just about damage. You just usually want Chaos Blades or Fel Barrage more as they're both very good talents.

I use it when near full fury of 130 and VR+eyebeam, and that start spaming annihilation and add one felrush(if boss is huge), or felblade during the 5sec. I would cancel channeling eyebeam earlier with one ability (annihilation, felblade or rush). By doing so I can use 4 annihilation (even 5 if Ursoc trinket active, of course Crit is needed, and if I was very unlucky, sometimes only 3)
    I cannot link my wowcraft log on Normal Nythendra and Ursoc here. I currently have 51% crit and 2 relics of crit chaos, and using Demonic is really fun.
    With Demon blade change in 7.1, I may try DB with Demonic.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelhin View Post
    I use it when near full fury of 130 and VR+eyebeam, and that start spaming annihilation and add one felrush(if boss is huge), or felblade during the 5sec. I would cancel channeling eyebeam earlier with one ability (annihilation, felblade or rush). By doing so I can use 4 annihilation (even 5 if Ursoc trinket active, of course Crit is needed, and if I was very unlucky, sometimes only 3)
    I cannot link my wowcraft log on Normal Nythendra and Ursoc here. I currently have 51% crit and 2 relics of crit chaos, and using Demonic is really fun.
    With Demon blade change in 7.1, I may try DB with Demonic.
    The problem with talents however is the "and if I was very unlucky" part, which make them not desirable.

I got only like around 15% mastery so I am not sure if the the buff of chaos blade on damage > damage of annihilation from 2 Demonic (assume 2 mins) or 2 chaos blade vs. 5 Demonic (4mins)
    And for the very unlucky part, yes it is big problem so I stack crit as high as possible, Also I would like to try 7.1 DB which I can gain fury during GCD.