Thread: Attunements

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Attunements

I actually don't mind most attunements. I even impose some on myself: when new expansions launch I refuse to run the dungeons until I've completed the quests leading up to them (yes, my guild mates make fun of me and get impatient ). I enjoyed every bit of the Suramar attunement and am looking forward to more Suramar quests in 7.1. In each of these cases, the attunement is telling a story that helps me appreciate the instance more.

SO... I'm hoping there's something I can enjoy about this attunement for Karazhan? Even though it sounds like they're just asking us to re-run 4 dungeons we've already run several times? Was the attunement necessary during testing, and can anyone tell us whether there's anything entertaining about it?

I mean, it won't be the worst thing in the world. Mythic level 1s go pretty quick and I can always use the artifact power. But I'm meeting my regular M+ team online right after reset to do KARAZHAN. We're all excited for it. Spending an hour or two running other dungeons before we can even start seems like a time sink, even to someone like me who normally likes attunements. :\

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

You run the dungeons to get an item. If you don't think the dungeon is entertaining then they quests wont be.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You run the dungeons to get an item. If you don't think the dungeon is entertaining then they quests wont be.
    The dungeons are fine, but having us run 4 of them when we're meeting up to run Karazhan... Why? lol
    If there's nothing else to it, they should waive the requirement for those who've already run them multiple times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I actually don't mind most attunements. I even impose some on myself: when new expansions launch I refuse to run the dungeons until I've completed the quests leading up to them (yes, my guild mates make fun of me and get impatient ). I enjoyed every bit of the Suramar attunement and am looking forward to more Suramar quests in 7.1. In each of these cases, the attunement is telling a story that helps me appreciate the instance more.
    snip
    It was a nice prelude, but I could've done without the endless repfarming. I feel like the intro questline without having to do the WQs would be a lot more enjoyable.
    I remember starting out being really intrigued by what was going on and being really interested in the zone/lore.

Towards the end I completely didn't care anymore and just wanted to get it over with, which is a shame.

So attunements are a good idea to me, as long as they're account-wide and not time/rep gated.

Does anyone know if the attunement to Kara is account wide, or will we have to repeat it for alts?

Quote Originally Posted by Exces View Post
    It was a nice prelude, but I could've done without the endless repfarming. I feel like the intro questline without having to do the WQs would be a lot more enjoyable.
    I remember starting out being really intrigued by what was going on and being really interested in the zone/lore.

Towards the end I completely didn't care anymore and just wanted to get it over with, which is a shame.

So attunements are a good idea to me, as long as they're account-wide and not time/rep gated.
    I agree the quest line without the additional rep grind would have been better - or maybe include each WQ once in the attunement. Or mix it up more, make it so you're raiding different parts of the city. Less repetition overall should be the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaath View Post
    Does anyone know if the attunement to Kara is account wide, or will we have to repeat it for alts?
    Account-wide.
    As is the Suramar Dungeon attunement once those two dungeons have been completed at least once each.
    As of 7.1.

And on a side-note, world quests will also be account-wide unlocked come level 110.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Account-wide.
    As is the Suramar Dungeon attunement once those two dungeons have been completed at least once each.
    As of 7.1.

And on a side-note, world quests will also be account-wide unlocked come level 110.
    I knew about Arcway and Court, wasn't sure if it extends to Kara as well. Thanks for answering

the attunement isnt a big one and its just going to kill more time in wow so im all for it. You will get it done once and then karazhan is unlocked forever. Its not that bad and should be even easier for players that have already done them

Plus the weekly bonus event quest this week is doing 4 mythic dungeons, so kill two birds with one stone - perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    Plus the weekly bonus event quest this week is doing 4 mythic dungeons, so kill two birds with one stone - perfect!
    You and I are "glass half full" kind of folks.

Ya, this is a nice coincidence(?) that it's Legion dungeon weekend same week as the Kara attunement.

can someone on live confirm whether the Kara attunement is account-wide or not ?

i.e. has someone who attuned on a main tried to get their alt into new Kara ?

it wasnt mentioned in the patch notes

SO... I'm hoping there's something I can enjoy about this attunement for Karazhan? Even though it sounds like they're just asking us to re-run 4 dungeons we've already run several times? Was the attunement necessary during testing, and can anyone tell us whether there's anything entertaining about it?

I mean, it won't be the worst thing in the world. Mythic level 1s go pretty quick and I can always use the artifact power. But I'm meeting my regular M+ team online right after reset to do KARAZHAN. We're all excited for it. Spending an hour or two running other dungeons before we can even start seems like a time sink, even to someone like me who normally likes attunements. :\
    Says he doesn't mind attunements
    whines about attunements

seems legit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    can someone on live confirm whether the Kara attunement is account-wide or not ?

Dude that has been answered just a couple of posts above.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

They made it so to avoid another apocalypse on the forums. It was said on the Q&A and people in both US and on reddit have confirmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saft View Post
    They made it so to avoid another apocalypse on the forums. It was said on the Q&A and people in both US and on reddit have confirmed it.
    alright, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    That's actually what we ended up doing. If they gave out an epic cache for every attunement, there'd be a lot fewer grumbles!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Says he doesn't mind attunements
    whines about attunements

seems legit
    Yeah that was the whole point of the thread: I don't normally mind attunements, but wish they had come up with something better/more creative than having us run four dungeons we'd already run at +9+10 etc. At least the stuff around Kara itself was new. And making them the weekly (coincidence or planned?) took the sting out anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually what we ended up doing. If they gave out an epic cache for every attunement, there'd be a lot fewer grumbles!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that was the whole point of the thread: I don't normally mind attunements, but wish they had come up with something better/more creative than having us run four dungeons we'd already run at +9+10 etc. At least the stuff around Kara itself was new. And making them the weekly (coincidence or planned?) took the sting out anyway.
    The quest is basically a small throwback to the old attunement, where you had to visit one heroic dungeon first and then grab things from 3 others.

Sadly, they moved the fragments to the end bosses, whereas yesterday they were off mid-way point bosses.

Our group wasn't too worried about the weekly cache, and just did up to each fragment and then peaced the fuck out :P