New Surmar and Stormheim Quests question...

Do you need exalted reputations for them to appear? Looked all over today for them with no luck. Would have posted this question on WoW site but having trouble logging into it from a kindle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing they aren't coming out until closer to ToV launch because I'm exalted and haven't seen anything either.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I'm guessing they aren't coming out until closer to ToV launch because I'm exalted and haven't seen anything either.
    Thanks, would have been nice if Blizzard was more clear on the details but understand there was a lot to cover in this patch.

The Suramar one is gated behind rep, and depends if you've done the whole Nightfallen quest chain. I got it from First Arcanist Thalyssra.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    The Suramar one is gated behind rep, and depends if you've done the whole Nightfallen quest chain. I got it from First Arcanist Thalyssra.
    Blah, was hoping I could use the new quests to BOOST my rep : ( Almost done. At 13k Revered.

Yea, you won't get it for a bit then.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    Blah, was hoping I could use the new quests to BOOST my rep : ( Almost done. At 13k Revered.
    Go, man, go!

Yea, you won't get it for a bit then.
    Question.

So the nightfallen quests that lead up to us unlocking Nighthold, are those the ones we can't get until exalted? Or how do you get these quests in particular. I looked and didn't see any but I'm a bit more than halfway through revered and 6/11 story chapters done. So where would I find the quests for NH?

(Sorry if this post is weird, extremely tired atm.)

There are a couple of questlines not 'attached' to the story (you just walk around the zone and find them, no breadcrumb to lead you there).
    The last chapter you will only get when u have 20/21k rep, so basically you must be exalted to finish the storyline and get the new 9 weeks questchain that will lead up to the nighthold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm exalted with Nightfallen and I only got one quest which lead to some others which then gave me achievement progress Lockdown - after that I couldn't grab anymore quests.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    There are a couple of questlines not 'attached' to the story (you just walk around the zone and find them, no breadcrumb to lead you there).
    The last chapter you will only get when u have 20/21k rep, so basically you must be exalted to finish the storyline and get the new 9 weeks questchain that will lead up to the nighthold.
    Okay gotcha.

1. Be exalted (or really really close), 2. Have all 11 chapters completed. Those are the requirements needed to start/get the nighthold questline?

Quote Originally Posted by Mibzo View Post
    I'm exalted with Nightfallen and I only got one quest which lead to some others which then gave me achievement progress Lockdown - after that I couldn't grab anymore quests.
    It's one chain every one or two weeks, isn't it?
    I'm so going to corpse explode elysandre ..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Okay gotcha.

1. Be exalted (or really really close), 2. Have all 11 chapters completed. Those are the requirements needed to start/get the nighthold questline?
    Given the context of the quests it would certainly make sense, since it follows up where the last quest near exalted left us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibzo View Post
    I got to this same point, had what's-her-name show up to fight for Thalrissa , and then it just sort of ended. Wasn't sure if I missed something or not.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I got to this same point, had what's-her-name show up to fight for Thalrissa , and then it just sort of ended. Wasn't sure if I missed something or not.
    The full quest line has been chopped up to be distributed each week prior to Nighthold's release.

10+ Year Old Account
    By "whole" do you mean, gotten to exalted, done whats needed for pathfinder? Or do you also need to have done the dungeon quests?
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    By "whole" do you mean, gotten to exalted, done whats needed for pathfinder? Or do you also need to have done the dungeon quests?
    IIRC you need 20k/21k to unlock last meta of Good Suramartian. When you finished this meta you hit exalted anyway. So no way to know a minimum requirement

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    So the Vrykul quest line is not available yet then?

(because I couldn't find it)
    ToV isn't open yet

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    The full quest line has been chopped up to be distributed each week prior to Nighthold's release.
    ty for that!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    IIRC you need 20k/21k to unlock last meta of Good Suramartian. When you finished this meta you hit exalted anyway. So no way to know a minimum requirement
    Yes, before you get the new Suramar questline you have to have completed the last of the main suramar storyline questlines from 7.0 which, as mentioned, unlocks at 20k into revered. By the time you finish the last few quests you will be into exalted.

In a related note, the mount doesnt come from the rep vendor at exalted, but from a quest that hasnt yet unlocked. Though you will ofc be well past exalted by the time you unlock said quest due to Suramars rep gating bullshittery.