Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they can ever totally stem the loss of subs at this stage in the game's life, but if they're ever going to slow it down Legion seems like their best chance. Two months in and I still don't have one legit complaint, and the majority of the complaints I've read from others (flying, not getting a legendary ASAP, RNG, Underbelly PVP, whatever) is really all just petty bullshit.

Legion's off to a very solid start. If it doesn't stop people leaving, nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    lol, you don't need hard data to know that the subscriber rate has dramatically increased since the start of legion. Just common sense.
    Yes you do....LOL. Hard data matters more then someones personal opinion or feelz.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion would be a great expansion if blizzard brings back Thal'Dranath.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Legion is the second worst expansion in front of WOD

Wotlk > Mop > bc > Cata > Legion> WOD
    That's a matter of opinion. mine is WOLTK > BC > Legion > Cata > MoP > WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Dungeons locked behind rep was annoying. Quest chain sure but locked behind rep... no. Will never do that on any alts, dont want to & I dont have the time.
    Then it's a good thing you don't have to, since they're account-wide unlocks as of yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Didn't MoP actually decline a lot during its first months? It wasn't until 5.4 that they started to stabilize troughout the 14 month content drought.
    MoP was stable for a year between 7 and 8 million subscribers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Legion would be a great expansion if blizzard brings back Thal'Dranath.
    So..you want another azsuna? No thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    MoP was stable for a year between 7 and 8 million subscribers.
    MOP failed because dumbasses saw pandas and said "Ahaha childrens expac", rather than doing the expac itself. I call those guys the "Racists" of wow btw.

Legion is failing cause people hate working for rewards. Like...WHAT?!

WoD failed cause players got most of their shit for free..like...legion is giving us this people. LOL

Cata failed cause 4.3. I can see the problems behind that..but...I loved that patch.

WoTLK failed cause people thought it catered to casuals, yet now people say that it's their favorite expac.

TBC failed cause there was litterally no content other than dungeons/raids. However, now people are saying that it had content, and so forth. Oh yah, not to mention that balancing was fucked, and players were shit back then (Don't whine, you knew you were shit 1 time).

And Vanilla was loved by all, even though it had the worst balancing, the spirit runs were fucked, the raids didn't have a high percentage of run throughs, everything was kill and collect, but with no story. Resistance gear..eww. That realm event was good though....but that's all. And I did love logging on for the first time....

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol see you haters in 8.0.

I don't really put much stock in the numbers.. As long as there is content that I enjoy and I have an active guild running stuff.. I am more then happy to stay subbed. So far Legion has that.. still early yet, but excited to do Kara and the new 7.1 content. Also excited to hear some news about 7.2 at blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Chilton said they're at 10.1 million. He didn't say anything like "I wish we had exactly 10,132,538 subs"

Anyway, thanks for the doomsday speech. It really did touch me.
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-war...numbers-legion

there you go

I'd say WotLK, BC, Legion, MoP, Cata, .................................. WoD
    This is my signature and it is special.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Again, where does it say "We wish we had..." ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes you do....LOL. Hard data matters more then someones personal opinion or feelz.
    Not on this forum.

While i have hairy balls and not crystal balls i prognosticate that Legion will start well but quickly go down hill. Unless you raid or do Mythic+ dungeons all you really have to do i World Quests and wait months for LFR to fully open. That will get old real quick.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Legion is an average expansion coming after a below average expansion (WoD).
    For me it is a renaissance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Nowhere near it's a "We wish we had..."
    It's still a misquote nonetheless. That coupled with Census data gathered, I'm pretty sure everyone can comfortably assume WoW is sitting at around 5m subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    It's still a misquote nonetheless. That coupled with Census data gathered, I'm pretty sure everyone can comfortably assume WoW is sitting at around 5m subs.
    Mafic's link goes back to last October which is just a month after Blizz announced the 5.5 million players. Currently the census is reporting double the numbers (but with a much heavier bias towards alliance for some reason) so how come the higher activity equates to the same or less players?

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    So..you want another azsuna? No thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

MOP failed because dumbasses saw pandas and said "Ahaha childrens expac", rather than doing the expac itself. I call those guys the "Racists" of wow btw.

Legion is failing cause people hate working for rewards. Like...WHAT?!

WoD failed cause players got most of their shit for free..like...legion is giving us this people. LOL

Cata failed cause 4.3. I can see the problems behind that..but...I loved that patch.

WoTLK failed cause people thought it catered to casuals, yet now people say that it's their favorite expac.

TBC failed cause there was litterally no content other than dungeons/raids. However, now people are saying that it had content, and so forth. Oh yah, not to mention that balancing was fucked, and players were shit back then (Don't whine, you knew you were shit 1 time).

And Vanilla was loved by all, even though it had the worst balancing, the spirit runs were fucked, the raids didn't have a high percentage of run throughs, everything was kill and collect, but with no story. Resistance gear..eww. That realm event was good though....but that's all. And I did love logging on for the first time....
    Warlords failed because it had no content, Legion is failing because the only content it has is rehashed from the leveling experience, a broken loot system and a broken RNG system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    I feel done with Legion.
    With how the game works now, alts feel like you cant play them imo. Atleast I cant as always think "this AP I could use on my off spec on my main instead" but when Im on my main I think "I should use it on my main spec anyway". I like AP but I dont really like how its JUST for 1 spec.

Too much RNG. Not fun if you do some raids & tons of mythics and you only get the base ilvl or maybe +5 ilvl while you friends might get +15 all the time or +25.
    Legendaries are "cool" but I didnt get one after playing from release and several hours each day while some run with 3. It is RNG but it feels like shit when someone get 1 after 4h on 110.
    Some are just a very very minor DPS increase while some are fucking crazy DPS increase.

Dungeons locked behind rep was annoying. Quest chain sure but locked behind rep... no. Will never do that on any alts, dont want to & I dont have the time.

I dunno, Legion feels like a job like vanilla did but even worse imo. With vanilla you could farm your gold, pots & elixirs and what not to use in Naxx40 and so on but you had an end.

With Legion, you can get an upgrade from EVERYTHING! I mean its a good idea but Im one of those weird people that then feel I have to play on my main all the time because there is a chance and alts would just make me feel behind.

Mythic+ is really cool though.

Before I could play my main, get my shit done and log on an alt and do the shit and then PvP. I cant do that with Legion, guess its some kind of OCD thing.

I did unsub yesterday. Many other cool games anyway so I cant let WoW take up all that time.
    I mean its probably awsome for those who just wanna play WoW 24/7 and on 1 character all the time and dont do ANYTHING else.

Just my 2 cents.
    So, you unsubbed because the game isn't going your way. You run something and don't get a piece of gear. You do do your world quests right? I geared up my pally alt mostly from world quest gear and it's at 848 now. Two dungeons locked behind a rep, oh no, there were only 8 others you could do and you can now do them on alts without having to get that rep on the alt character.

I always love reading these kinds of posts. Now I'm not saying you were one of the people, but in general, people complain to Blizzard that there isn't enough to do, there isn't enough content. Then they put in more content, then it's "I can't get this stuff, Blizzard sucks" Like, there is just no satisfying people. I love this expansion, I haven't had this much fun in a WoW expansion since WotLK. I'm happy with what they've done, there is never a dull moment when playing.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Warlords failed because it had no content, Legion is failing because the only content it has is rehashed from the leveling experience, a broken loot system and a broken RNG system.
    WoD was an oppritunity missed. I can see why blizz decided to give up half-way through development.

However, for your examples of legion, I'm sitting here going "WHAT"!

The world quests might not be the greatest, but it's still content. Hell, I remembered doing re-hashed stuff from the leveling process plenty of times at max lvl during old expansions. Legion is no different, but at the same time..it is. Atleast I get something good from it. :/

The loot system? WTF! I see no problems in the loot system. All I see is a loot system WoD created, and that was personal. I love the personal loot system, and I love some of the other loot systems as well. But, I do have problems with it, not everything is perfect.

RNG is RNG! Nothing new. During WoD, I either got nothing from some bosses, or the same fucking thing from others. :/ Why does legion fail at this one thing? TBC had the rng sadness, wrath did, cata did, as well as other expacs. The RNG system was same shit back then, and still is today. No reason to complain now.

Best expansion ever..