[Megathread]Steins;Gate 0 -(Ps4/Vita)

I have heard of the anime but never watched it. I may have to watch it and maybe pick this up.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

I have heard of the anime but never watched it. I may have to watch it and maybe pick this up.
    If you have the time I'd recommend playing the first VN before watching the anime

Deleted
    Watch the anime (or play the first game) before playing Zero. Zero is a "sidequel" that explains one major plot twist of Stein's Gate.

Psh, I made a thread about this a long time ago!

It's probably far dead by now though, so meh

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Watch the anime (or play the first game) before playing Zero. Zero is a "sidequel" that explains one major plot twist of Stein's Gate.
    To be fair, there's huge spoilers in that video alone, easily missed though until you start watching/playing the original.

Either way, literal goosebumps. I cannot wait until this game comes out.

And if you're so inclined, I'm pretty sure Steins;Gate is up on Youtube for completely free from FUNimation's own youtube channel, granted it's in like 480p and only subbed is finished fully.

Thanks for the tips about getting into Steins Gate guys

Ill check out the other game and anime before getting this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Don't watch the anime before playing the original game, as much of a time investment as the VN is it is far more in depth and explains the world and characters so much better then the typical anime tropes they fall into in the anime. Don't get me wrong, the anime is still good but there is only so much you can do with a 20 some episode anime vs a 30 hour VN.

I recommend playing the VN, watching the OVA and watching the sequel movie in that order before touching 0.

Thanks for the tips about getting into Steins Gate guys

Ill check out the other game and anime before getting this.
    Well, to be fair, the game is still pretty pricey, like $30-40 depending on where you get it. It was just put on steam recently I know, but it's also important to note it is a visual novel, so the little interaction you do is extremely important to which ending you get. Expect to replay it a lot or look up the correct route.

Do agree with Tech though that the game is worth it 100% for the full story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, to be fair, the game is still pretty pricey, like $30-40 depending on where you get it. It was just put on steam recently I know, but it's also important to note it is a visual novel, so the little interaction you do is extremely important to which ending you get. Expect to replay it a lot or look up the correct route.

Do agree with Tech though that the game is worth it 100% for the full story.
    Since its a VN I may watch the anime first to see if it hooks me into wanting to see the VN.

$30-$40 for a VN IMO is a bit much, its why I avoided the psycho pass game even tho I highly enjoyed the anime.

Since its a VN I may watch the anime first to see if it hooks me into wanting to see the VN.

$30-$40 for a VN IMO is a bit much, its why I avoided the psycho pass game even tho I highly enjoyed the anime.
    It's literally on sale like once a month on PSN for $15-17.

No point in playing the VN if you watch the anime first tbh for any VN. The other way around is fine since you get to see some scenes fully animated and realized, but the entire point of a VN is the story and if you already ruined that for yourself there is 0 reason to try and read it.