Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Viz'aduum the Watcher

How the hell did you guys finish phase 3 on this guy. I went in there with a group of around 865 players who have all cleared heroic EN and doing mythic raiding and we blew through the instance taking out every boss with no more than 1 or 2 wipes to learn them and moved on. Then we got to the last boss we spent over 3 hours on him easily wiping 30+ times. Phase 1 and 2 were fine but phase 3 was insta death in seconds everytime. We tried everything even had the ret pally go holy to help the priest and the phase 3 damage could not be healed through with 2 healers. Both characters were cranking out 400K hps and nothing. Finally people had to go back to real life after pulling an all nighter and we called it without downing him.

Any tips?

15+ Year Old Account
    Which abilities kill you?

I assume you'd already save all your CDs for P3. So you were obviously tanking avoidable damage and 2 healing it makes it even worse because the phase lasts forever.

The only unavoidable group damage are 3 dots (one can be dispelled asap) tiking for 300k every 2 seconds.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2016-10-28 at 10:44 AM.

Tried him last night and the orbs were what was screwing us, not so much the healing. We had a single resto Druid at ~860 ilvl. We tried a new tactic of stacking up for the orb debuffs under the boss because the orbs spawn around the player which meant nobody got hit and it worked but we did get hit by the Disentegrate. Didn't have time to try more after that but it seems P3 can be a lot easier by stacking under the boss with the orb debuffs then run through him together as a group when he casts disentegrate.

Deleted
    My group one-shot him without anyone knowing tactics, i felt really disappointed that the last fight was so easy cause the fight is amazing. Four of us were around ilvl 865 and one was at 840ish

We wiped a lot on Mana Devourer and we felt that every boss was harder than the previous one, so we expected something impossible for Viz'aduum, and I was kind of disapointed when we one shot him :/

We all were 840-850 also. He just dropped dead :/

The Orb debuf appears to be curable, though it immediately triggers it. When two go out you can dispell one, dodge. And let the other manually fall off and dodge. This way you're not dodging two sets of orbs at once. Orbs are what was killing our group. Once we discovered the debuf can be cured and releases the orbs after we decided to do what I mentioned and easily killed him
    Last edited by sarym13; 2016-10-28 at 11:27 AM.

Same here. Biggest struggle was Moroes and mana devourer. Roflstomped the endboss in a perfect kill. Average ilvl was 861 of our grp.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is weird to me since Viz'aduum felt like one of the easier bosses to me, especially when you learn how the orbs spread out. One-shot him both with highly geared mains and undergeared alts.

To me, it seemed like some of the other bosses (Maiden, Curator, Shade, and Devourer) needed more "coordination" and were mostly more mechanically challenging.

Pull all the demons and cleave them down while having the healer stabilize the group. Right before he finishes the cast to repair the rift, interrupt him... then it's basically like every other stage expect you get 2 demons every so often (every 1 minute I think). Save Long CDs (Heroism, 5min, etc) for this phase... ezpeezie so long as you avoid balls and beam.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

I didn't find the damage taken to be too bad on this fight. It just seems like you only take a little bit of damage, or you take too much damage and die and when that happens it's because you definitely screwed up. I think our groups problem was as soon as we got on the third ship we were trying to burn the boss down as quick as we could and it was causing issues with the fights mechanics (people dying to orbs). Everybody just needs to slow down and worry about surviving. It's not a dps race, so just try to survive and you'll get him down.

We had our priest dispelling the orbs and calling out who he was dispelling so we knew what direction to expect it from. Before the other orb(s) drop just try to get some distance between you and the group to make it easier for them to avoid them.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    We had problems with him too wiped 20 ish times before he suddenly decided that the beam should have a 2 sec cast time instead of a 0.5 sec cast time and we then instantly killed him. Fun little bug

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortulak View Post
    Same here. Biggest struggle was Moroes and mana devourer. Roflstomped the endboss in a perfect kill. Average ilvl was 861 of our grp.
    We 1shot Moroes and wiped 20+ times on endboss without any hope of getting close to a kill. How the fuck is this possible? We have similar ilvl...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanemist View Post
    We had problems with him too wiped 20 ish times before he suddenly decided that the beam should have a 2 sec cast time instead of a 0.5 sec cast time and we then instantly killed him. Fun little bug
    Beam was definitely 0.5s all the time for us, basically unavoidable. Potentially lethal in p2.

Deleted
    Last boss is:
    P1: Move with bad stuff, spread for orbs, and avoid pushback.
    P2: Spread for Orbs, move from bombardment, and avoid pushback
    P3. Nuke adds, spread for orbs, move from bombardment and step away from pushback.

I suspect that the difficulty of bosses in Kara is very group comp sensitive. That's probably why there's such a huge difference between peoples' experiences. We have a heavy melee group and almost everything was really easy, but Curator was a pain and Vizaduum just crushed us on P3 =/

Quote Originally Posted by Winrarw View Post
    We wiped a lot on Mana Devourer and we felt that every boss was harder than the previous one, so we expected something impossible for Viz'aduum, and I was kind of disapointed when we one shot him :/

We all were 840-850 also. He just dropped dead :/
    Wow, we experienced the polar opposite with our group. We 1-shot every boss except this guy - who took us about 12 attempts to get down. Orbs are what killed us regularly. Occasional disintegration off the side wiped us twice.

This felt like the hardest fight by a MASSIVE land-slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiquihuite View Post
    I suspect that the difficulty of bosses in Kara is very group comp sensitive. That's probably why there's such a huge difference between peoples' experiences. We have a heavy melee group and almost everything was really easy, but Curator was a pain and Vizaduum just crushed us on P3 =/
    That actually makes a lot of sense.

OT: Just keep at it. Position the balls far away from each other in phase 3 and save lust/drums for then. Keep at it! you'll get it eventually.

Seriously?

Pop BL\TW\Drums phase 3, aoe down adds... boss dies in like 30 secs. Just avoid falling off and stagger\spread on the 3 debuffs (balls)

It's funny, our group had FAR more trouble on bottom than top. Wiped twice on maiden and barely killed it on 3rd attempt because of healing requirements. Wiped on attumen as we couldn't figure out who to dispel. Looked for ghostly appearance over someone and couldn't find it.

Moroes a joke, viz'aduum a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

If it's the orbs that are killing you, our group used the back of the ship when they were about to detonate. It gave the rest of us more time to react while dodging bombardment/eye beam. As for Phase 3, we just gathered all the adds up and blew up them up with the boss. This was with an 842 Brewmaster, an 845 Holy Pala and dps around 860.
    I remember you... In the mountains

15+ Year Old Account
    It was quite easy with a group of 850+ ilvl people. Though only when everyone got an idea of the fight which took about 10 tries :P Imo a bit too overtuned. The orbs were mainly what got us fucked try after try.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

best way to deal with the orbs in phase 2 and three is just to stack under the boss when they come out; they don't damage people within 10m or so of the debuffed player, so you can totally avoid all the orbs this way

you still need to pay attention to his disintegrate facing, but you need to pay attention to that anyway