Poll: Do you agree that Legion is WoW's best expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Disagree, the damn near reliance on RNG, the horrid implementations of professions, and even the everyone is the same artifact system, put it near the bottom of the list for me. Oh its better than CATA (the worst in my opinion) its certainly not better than BC or Wrath, and may even be worse than WOD which I rank behind MOP

Truly once the newness wore off I started to realize that this expansion is just shit because of the RNG for legendary drops. The top off that insane artifact grind, finally numbers in game to rival the silliness that are stats (so when do we cross into six digits for our primary stats?)

The sad part, there is zero reason for legendary items. It should have been covered with your artifact weapon

final edit, with regards to professions. that dick move that is cooking should result in someone getting demoted.
    Last edited by ZeroWashu; 2016-11-04 at 01:05 PM.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not agree at all, I am already bored with the grind and Mythic + being at the center of the game, possibly worse than wod imo

If gearing drops were just "slightly" tuned better or the secondary stats weights were tighter I might be 100% with this. Aside from that the legendary system was kinda poorly done imo, but that is pretty far from any sort of a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Everyone is always talking about his own subjective opinions. So what ? You're just salty I don't share yours ?

Actually it's a list of arguments why Legion is bad. That you disagree doesn't mean they don't exist.
    Ehh no? You called everyone who liked it "fanboys" (usually a derogatory term). Meaning, you think that people can't like Legion unless they're Blizzard fanboys. Thats why i made that comment.

BC and WotLK are tops and you can argue either one.

Second tier belongs to MoP and Cata.

Third tier is WoD.

Legion right now is closer to the second tier than the third tier. But patch 7.2 has to move away from the WoD design paradigm. So far they have not done that (eg RNG gearing). Something has to change.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't measure shit without the expansion ending. First patch of Cataclysm was a blast. Then Zul'again came, but Firelands was cool. And then Hour of Let's Re-use our 3D models.

Legion has a... nice launch patch (IMO Mists of Pandaria's had the best one, I really miss an atmosphere with a little more depth), but everything else needs to be launched to gauge it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    that's like saying Obama is the best president lol
    Best so far this century, and looks like that will hold true for at least another term.

Might be, it hinges upon how they release content and WHAT content they release throughout the course of the expansion.

In its base delivery, it has already blown WOTLK and Cata (and ofc WoD) out of the water for me.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Ehh no? You called everyone who liked it "fanboys" (usually a derogatory term). Meaning, you think that people can't like Legion unless they're Blizzard fanboys. Thats why i made that comment.
    Guilty as charged I guess.
    WoW-related forums tends to make one very, very weary about fanboys, to the point of ending with posting habits that come closer to theirs.

No, I suppose people can like Legion design without being fanboys, as weird as it seems to me.

TBC > WoTLK > Legion > mopwodcatatrash

- They need to reduce the overall amount of RNG in Legion.
    - Fix secondary stats (they removed reforging because you needed a 3rd party tool to tell you the best setup, yet I now have to sim my character whenever I get a new item because of how powerful secondary stats are - hooray for using items 20-30 ilvl lower because they're better).
    - Fix PvP loot RNG or at least ensure that we can collect all the armor cosmetics if you're an eligible rating before the season end.
    - Change how artifacts interact with instanced PvP (mainly concerned with rated) - even with stats being somewhat equalized, the difference in power is greater than ever because of artifact traits (maybe more so for certain specs than others). Shouldn't be that way for competitive, rated PvP.
    - Start a new casual endgame story that isn't Suramar. I'm sure many people love Suramar, but if you're someone who doesn't, it feels pretty lame and boring having that be your only main form of casual endgame story content.

Also, I really hope they add more epic "mini-raid" dungeons like Kara. As a casual PvE'er, it's awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's the worst expansion they've ever done.
    your pic suits your opinion perfectly, although i dont think u mean that seriously

Im ready to move Legion up to be at LEAST equal with TBC in terms of the best WoW expansion of all time.
    Not even close. Mostly because of gearing and professions leveling. The rest is just ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    TBC > WoTLK > Legion > mopwodcatatrash
    TBC > WotLK > Cata > Legion > MoP > WoD

If I were me from 2007, I might agree that Legion is the best wow expansion to date. It has a ton of strong content, good storytelling across a variety of content, fantastic systems new and updated, and magnificent artwork and visual effects. While I disagree strongly with the developer's decisions with respect to class roles, specifically tanking, they are all functional in general and mostly functional in competitive PvE settings.

The problem I have with Legion though, is that its sets the bar very high for the level of investment required to play in competitive spaces. Consumables require considerable investment (even after potion of prolonged power and the blood vendor), the artifact power grind is a huge factor in performance, and keeping up with the various RNG sources of possible BiS gear takes more time than ever before.

2007 me, a university senior with basically no social commitments to uphold and all the time in the world to play, would have reveled in the incremental advancement of artifact power, the nigh unlimited access to high end loot through progressive mythic + groups, and the gold making opportunities from the heavy investments required to progress professions.

2016 me, working full time, father to a one year old, a variety of regular social commitments, no time at all to play, these are all barriers to playing in the competitive spaces where all my friends play, and have drowned my enthusiasm in the feeling of constantly falling further behind.

So, I guess TL;DR is that legion is good, but its not for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Not even close. Mostly because of gearing and professions leveling. The rest is just ok.

- - - Updated - - -

TBC > WotLK > Cata > Legion > MoP > WoD
    That is interesting as for me I look at it like this:

TBC > WOTK > MoP > Cata > Legion > WoD

I would put Cata higher but they stumbled out of the gate with their pruning of talent trees. MoP has a similar problem. Legion and WoD have done extreme pruning and deserve the right to fight at the bottom.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Actually it's a list of arguments why Legion is bad. That you disagree doesn't mean they don't exist.
    No, it's a list of insults. It doesn't bring anything constructive to discussion.

Deleted
    OP is a Blizzard shill and probably does posts this shit for a living, since hes done it already multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    No, it's a list of insults. It doesn't bring anything constructive to discussion.
    Whatever reason you can find to dismiss opinions you don't share, man. It's not like this forum is any stranger to that.

15+ Year Old Account
    It could be, but...
    Cata's first patch was great too and what followed turned out to be underwhelming.

The game is way too different from the game I fell in love with many years ago, so no. It is not the best version / xpac of WoW. Generally my favorite era was 2004-2010, the early years having more interesting, diversified, and community driven gameplay. 2004-2007 or so was the best.

More content doesn't mean much to me if the content majority is single player & phased.

I agree. I'm having the most fun since ages. The content is top notch, the audiovisual presentation is stellar. There's tons of stuff to do, I love the class redesigns ... it's great. Whiners gonna whine.