Twisting Wind sim ?

Hey all.

I have 850 Bloodthirsty instinct and 875 Twisting Wind. My sub-out is an 845 Mastery/agi stat stick.

This sims between these two dictate a ~500 dps difference, but I am wondering if the sims for Twisting Wind are accurate.

The only reason I'm asking this is because the weird behavior of the proc, seeing as how single target the proc only get about 3 tics in before the tornado inevitably paths away from the boss, outwardly.

Would anyone just recommend the stat stick over an 875 TW?

Thanks guys.

There are a few fights where the proc damage will come close to the sim damage (Ursoc for example). But if they sim that close just use the stat stick because in most cases TW won't be hitting anywhere near max possible tics.

My sims show the same between a 880 TW and a 865 mastery/agi stat stick. I decided to stick with the stat stick, bugger that proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    My sims show the same between a 880 TW and a 865 mastery/agi stat stick. I decided to stick with the stat stick, bugger that proc.
    My 880 TW has 1632 intellect on it. As a warlock with Intellect as his #1 stat weight shouldnt that count for alot of damage? My sim shows a big increase when using the TW over my dozen other trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    = As a warlock w=.
    **looks up and see its the Hunter forum***

...so ya...ty for the lock information?

OoooPpppSSSSSSSSzzzzzzfacepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlebob View Post
    There are a few fights where the proc damage will come close to the sim damage (Ursoc for example).
    Literally this. I have an 895 TW and a 855 Spiked Tongue. I use Spiked Tongue on everything but Ursoc because being at 20 yds+ for Ursoc is quite hard to do most of the time, and the hit box is so big TW will almost hit him every single tick.