Thread: BG classes?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BG classes?

So I don't have time to invest heavily in ranked PvP, but I do enjoy skirmishes and BGs. I've always played hunter and I'm looking to switch things up. I've dabbled in most classes over the years, just not recently.

What class is consistently owning in BGs in 7.1 after the hotfixes? Looking for recommendations! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ald88 View Post
    So I don't have time to invest heavily in ranked PvP, but I do enjoy skirmishes and BGs. I've always played hunter and I'm looking to switch things up. I've dabbled in most classes over the years, just not recently.

What class is consistently owning in BGs in 7.1 after the hotfixes? Looking for recommendations! Thanks.
    what do you like to do? Top dmg meters? Having top KBs and 0 death? or Winning games by flag caps/defending bases ?

If you enjoy hunter playstyle I'm pretty sure you'll love ele shaman. They are pretty dominant in casual bgs imo, they have insane AoE and can actually nuke down a target within 2-3 gcds if the other team is clumped together thanks to lightning rod + stormkeeper + skyfury and spam chain lightning. They hold their own quite well 1v1 as well with roots, knock back, a forward disengage, icefury. Beauty of ele shaman is you get kicked in one school you are still effective with the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    what do you like to do? Top dmg meters? Having top KBs and 0 death? or Winning games by flag caps/defending bases ?
    I like to top damage/KBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ald88 View Post
    I like to top damage/KBs.
    Hunter, Boomy, Rogue, Destro locks (when they are actually good), DK, Shadow priest (if you have a good team to peel for you), Ret. There is no specific order from good to bad, just classes i personally have highest respect in random bgs, since vanila till present day :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Right now? WW Monk or Frost Dk, the trouble is 2 weeks from now they could both be nerfed into the dirt and SV Hunters be reining supreme :/

Destro lock with all instant casts + 100% uptime cleave. Easy top damage.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I'm pretty tits on an SV hunter already, have been since invasions. But I don't do rated nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Frost dk is all you need my friend, the most free class to do anything in pvp right now. Boomy flag carrying is also hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Destro lock with all instant casts + 100% uptime cleave. Easy top damage.
    What idev says, destro locks are crazy in bgs.

Ele shaman is actually my go to chill out class right now. If I'm bored or just wanna destroy shit and I've got no one to queue arena with, I'll hope on my ele sham and just nuke shit in bgs. Lightning Rod + Skyfury + Stormkeeper/Chainlightning and 5+ people clumped up? Someone is dying in a gcd or two. Spread flame shocks everywhere, hurl meatball procs everywhere, watch people flop over every couple of seconds to earthquake, chill in the backline, good fun.
    Last edited by MintChocCip; 2016-11-11 at 03:44 PM.

frost dk, moonkin, shadow priest, arms

melees need healers in big zergs or need a rbg if there are any half competent group on the opposing faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherfoot View Post
    Right now? WW Monk or Frost Dk, the trouble is 2 weeks from now they could both be nerfed into the dirt and SV Hunters be reining supreme :/
    that will never happen - sv hunter reigning supreme. another patch will come and bring traps to MM hunters who will indeed reign supreme and all the melee meta will fall apart, too.

Deleted
    Frost Mage? Fire and even Arcane are also very good for random BGs ... What is this talk about Moonkin, Ele and SP and why no one has mentioned Mage and Rogue????

Deleted
    Haven't played boomkin since 7.1 hit, but before that, it was rather boring. Sure, you dish out some nice damage, but when some melee dps (which are pretty common in pvp on legion) notices you, you basically can't cast anything and it's quite annoying.
    Frost mage is fun, most melees ignore you because they know it's very hard to bring down frost mage and even if they go for you, you can easily turn the tables with how much slows and freezes you have. The damage is nice as well.
    If you were more interested in winning, I would recommend rolling healer or rogue. I mainly play resto druid (prestige 4 mostly from random BGs) and healing in randoms plays a very big role (overall 80% winrate in randoms). As a rogue, you can swing BGs in your favor just by being a creative player (sap into ninja cap, blowing CDs on 1v1 just to cap a flag or a cart in mines, carrying flag using your mobility, stealing unprotected bases in EoS etc), though rogue damage is not in such a good spot as it was before and you could have some problems winning 1v1 against many classes.

Deleted
    Boomkin with the starfall spec do some crazy BG damage, had a AB where we had basically a full 15v15 at LM last night, I was doing like 450k dps without berserk or pots, you'd think it would be just fluff damage but the occassional 1m Full moon into a beamed healer can fuck up someones day for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post

that will never happen - sv hunter reigning supreme.
    It already is in lower brackets like 20-29. SV is way OP, like BM monk was in WoD. Nothing else even close except Disc for healers.

But I know this is generally about endgame PvP. Carry on.

Deleted
    Boomie is a solid choice for topping meters by raining on pets and shitty minions...and only works if you have a good healer behind you so that you can spread pressure enemy healers...besides that its not very good choice, dies to any melee in few seconds without being able to do anything (so you cant really carry or defend flags/towers, only zerg, thats where boomie is strong)

Demon Hunter is easy to play and deals huge damage, usually tops meters from my experience. Retribution paladin is also a very solid choice for all types of situations, strong sustain for defense and good offensive capabilities. Rogues are solid, enh shaman is cool for purging/pressure. Besides that shadow priest and aff lock are good as well. Have not seen many ele shamans or hunters this expansion in random BGs. Frost mages are crazy these days after recent buffs...

BUT there are some changes coming in 7.1.5 so maybe you should wait for them to come online if you really base your decision on that.

Deleted
    Been playing spriest for the last week, solo. If you are used to playing a ranged class and know how to keep your distance, you'll top dmg and probably killing blows.
    However you're squishy as ***** . Compared to afflic lock you have a harder time surviving and are more dependent on your team.

Though position yourself good, keep an eye on enemy team so they don't flank you and you'll top dmg in no time. People underestimate the dmg a spriest can do when you leave em to free cast. A mistake they often regret afterwards

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arouane View Post
    Been playing spriest for the last week, solo. If you are used to playing a ranged class and know how to keep your distance, you'll top dmg and probably killing blows.
    However you're squishy as ***** . Compared to afflic lock you have a harder time surviving and are more dependent on your team.

Though position yourself good, keep an eye on enemy team so they don't flank you and you'll top dmg in no time. People underestimate the dmg a spriest can do when you leave em to free cast. A mistake they often regret afterwards
    Same as it's been for Destro and a few others. But any decent team will assign melee on you right away to shut you down.