Dreadlord's Deceit Question

Just got this legendary, when should I FoK on single target fights, just when I hit 30 stacks ? Or should I do it sooner, maybe anything above 20 or something like that ?

I got this one too ... can't help but feel sad that I used all my legendary karma on a trash pack cape.

I will use FoK on a boss fight to get an extra combo point for rupture (I don't worry about six CP envenoms with EP). It ends up working out OK with the stacks hitting 30. I'm not saying it's optimal, but if you don't want to add another WA bar to your UI, it seems to work out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Calycia View Post
    I got this one too ... can't help but feel sad that I used all my legendary karma on a trash pack cape.

I will use FoK on a boss fight to get an extra combo point for rupture (I don't worry about six CP envenoms with EP). It ends up working out OK with the stacks hitting 30. I'm not saying it's optimal, but if you don't want to add another WA bar to your UI, it seems to work out pretty well.
    This Cloak is far fromt trash, it is not a Signet of Revenholdt or a Zoldicky Familly Training Shackles but it does give you quite a bit of DPS, specialy if you time it correctly with things like Nythendras MCs or the Ursoc copy. My doubts are just for full single target situations. I've been looking at logs and it seens to work out well both if you do it your way or if you wait for 30 stacks.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-11-11 at 08:47 PM.

i have the 3 vendetta relics so my vendetta is on a 1m CD, the cape takes a little less than 1m to be on full stacks so i always use it with vendetta on single target fights.

Deleted
    I asked Pyllerox from Serenity on his stream today, and he said that if he has Vendetta up he'll use Fan with 25+ stacks, so you pretty much want to aim for the highest stack possible

Quote Originally Posted by Calycia View Post

I'll trade anything for fun cape at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    I'll trade anything for fun cape at this moment.
    That was crappy of me to post and the cape has been fun.

This thing is toms of fun on world pvp with Flying Daggers, you melt the oposition, its hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    This thing is toms of fun on world pvp with Flying Daggers, you melt the oposition, its hilarious.
    ah yeah, not to mention the world pvp arena in highmountain where you get the insane dmg buff... Nightstalker + Flying daggers + dmg buff + 30 stack FoK = one hit kills... I love it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Just got this legendary, when should I FoK on single target fights, just when I hit 30 stacks ? Or should I do it sooner, maybe anything above 20 or something like that ?
    Use it on 30 stacks. Not earlier, not later. (Unless you want to unload stacks before a non-combat phase)
    I got a TMW stack tracker close to my other trackers to maximize the dmg potential.

If you want an explanation:
    1x30 FoK + Mut > 2x15 FoK
    To roughly get the idea. Basically, the energy and time you use for using lower stacked FoKs could be used for Mutilate instead.
    Or in other words, there is no damage loss in stacks until you hit 30 and dont unload.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wahedi87 View Post
    i have the 3 vendetta relics so my vendetta is on a 1m CD, the cape takes a little less than 1m to be on full stacks so i always use it with vendetta on single target fights.
    How can it take less than a minute?
    You get a stack every 2 seconds.
    30 stacks x 2 seconds = 60 seconds (1 Minute)

Quote Originally Posted by baddy View Post
    Use it on 30 stacks. Not earlier, not later. (Unless you want to unload stacks before a non-combat phase)
    I got a TMW stack tracker close to my other trackers to maximize the dmg potential.

If you want an explanation:
    1x30 FoK + Mut > 2x15 FoK
    To roughly get the idea. Basically, the energy and time you use for using lower stacked FoKs could be used for Mutilate instead.
    Or in other words, there is no damage loss in stacks until you hit 30 and dont unload.

- - - Updated - - -

How can it take less than a minute?
    You get a stack every 2 seconds.
    30 stacks x 2 seconds = 60 seconds (1 Minute)
    ops my bad its exactly 1 minute like you said so its perfect with every vendetta.

Deleted
    I really wish to get this cloak for the hilarity it offers in world pvp

Quote Originally Posted by hookus View Post
    I really wish to get this cloak for the hilarity it offers in world pvp
    I want it for 14+ Mythic Plus runs. Assa is fantastic for M+, but I have Sephuz's Secret :/