Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else not watching wow esports due to no games and endless talk/breaks?

This is just something ive noticed about wow esports, while i actually really like watching it and find it very interesting, the amount of time spend talking and on breaks exceeds the time the game is played by so much that i just cant watch.

Sometimes its like 1 game every hour or so, which is so horrible that i just cant stay interested. If it was game after game after game with a 5 minute break between series id watch it all, but it just is endless talking/breaks and no pvp played.

Anyone else feel the same?

I just don't watch esports because it's dumb.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    I'm not watching the WoW games as the state of balance for PvP doesn't really leave much room to be a good player. You can play stupid stuff such as double frost DK/TWD and play at near gladiator level by spamming a pve rotation.

However I'm following the Heroes of the Storm games at midnight as competitive HotS is a lot of fun to watch similiar to SC2. The game does suffer from the same issue you mentioned tho. More breaks, (over-) analysis and banter than gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    I agree. Maybe I'm too old (31). I love video games, played them since I was 5. But watching other people play, in the form of "sport"
    no thanks. The only time I watch twitch is to see how a new game performs, graphic wise. Maybe 5mins worth of twitch a month?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand it, therefore it must be dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    I don't understand it, therefore it must be dumb.
    I understand it. I just think it's dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    I agree. Maybe I'm too old (31). I love video games, played them since I was 5. But watching other people play, in the form of "sport"
    no thanks. The only time I watch twitch is to see how a new game performs, graphic wise. Maybe 5mins worth of twitch a month?
    And to top it off, pretty much every twitch streamer I've ever watched has been unbearable.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    This is just something ive noticed about wow esports, while i actually really like watching it and find it very interesting, the amount of time spend talking and on breaks exceeds the time the game is played by so much that i just cant watch.

Sometimes its like 1 game every hour or so, which is so horrible that i just cant stay interested. If it was game after game after game with a 5 minute break between series id watch it all, but it just is endless talking/breaks and no pvp played.

Just watch it on YouTube later, you can skip all the pointless talks. Then again, with the current "balance", I can't stand watching it knowing, as a Rogue, it's Assassination or gtfo. Basically just PvE a target until it dies / get soft-countered by a Paladin with auto dispel on heals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't like how they changed arenas. It seems like mana does not matter anymore, but now they have the stupid -healing mechanic. It is not any fun to watch.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post

It's just a big fat advertisement for Blizz, with some PvP thrown in to keep you from going completely mad. Just like TV today - more idiotic commercials and bullshit/noise flashing at you than actual programming you want to see.

I watched some of the Euro matches about a month ago but that was enough.

I understand it. I just think it's dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

And to top it off, pretty much every twitch streamer I've ever watched has been unbearable.
    So you don't like sports at all then? Try watch some CS:GO, it's fucking amazing, and it gets a lot better when you know the players and teams.

Same here. I don't see the point. Maybe I'm too old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Street fighter + a handfull of other fighting games are just about the only esport I can watch
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    So you don't like sports at all then? Try watch some CS:GO, it's fucking amazing, and it gets a lot better when you know the players and teams.
    Nope. I love proper sports, especially seeing them live. I'm not going to watch CS:GO because I'm not going to like it. Why would I watch WoW or Battlefield when I can go play it?

And don't make the argument that watching esports is the same as normal sports. It isn't.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Can't watch competitive WoW, easily the worst esport out there. Maybe second to League from a spectating point of view. Has nothing to do with the commentators, or the balance, or any of that, just has to do with WoW being a shitty esport to watch.

DotA and CSGO I can watch all day, but WoW? Nope, not fun.

Why would I watch WoW or Battlefield when I can go play it?
    Why would you watch baseball or basketball when you can go play them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Can't watch competitive WoW, easily the worst esport out there. Maybe second to League from a spectating point of view. Has nothing to do with the commentators, or the balance, or any of that, just has to do with WoW being a shitty esport to watch.

DotA and CSGO I can watch all day, but WoW? Nope, not fun.

Why would you watch baseball or basketball when you can go play them?
    Because the sports I follow and enjoy watching are either limited by finances (I don't have £3 million to buy an F1 car) or by my physical condition (I have a recurring shoulder injury that means I can't tackle). I do still go to the gym with my friends and occasionally kick a football around though.

esports are not the same as normal sports.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Because the sports I follow and enjoy watching are either limited by finances (I don't have £3 million to buy an F1 car) or by my physical condition (I have a recurring shoulder injury that means I can't tackle). I do still go to the gym with my friends and occasionally kick a football around though.

esports are not the same as normal sports.
    But it seems equally easy to say you don't have the physical condition to compete in esports, so I don't really get where the difference is there. Your shoulder hurts so you can't tackle, and your reflexes/decision making/hand eye coordination isn't good so you can't play games at a high level either. You can still kick a ball around, just like you can play games casually, but not at a competitive level. Exactly the same as regular sports.

Your argument doesn't appear to make any sense.

But it seems equally easy to say you don't have the physical condition to compete in esports, so I don't really get where the difference is there. Your shoulder hurts so you can't tackle, and your reflexes/decision making/hand eye coordination isn't good so you can't play games at a high level either. You can still kick a ball around, just like you can play games casually, but not at a competitive level. Exactly the same as regular sports.

Your argument doesn't appear to make any sense.
    It makes perfect sense when you don't strawman it.

You're making a jump between recreationally doing something and doing it competitively.
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-11-07 at 11:54 AM.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

It makes perfect sense when you don't strawman it.

You're making a jump between recreationally doing something and doing it competitively.
    But so are you? You're saying you like watching sports because you can't play them, then you go on to say you do play a sport casually. That's identical to watching esports because you can only play them casually. It's literally the same.

But so are you? You're saying you like watching sports because you can't play them, then you go on to say you do play a sport casually. That's identical to watching esports because you can only play them casually. It's literally the same.
    I was only ever talking about sport recreationally, and listed some of the sports I can do even though the ones I watch are the ones I'd rather do.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Why would you come into a thread about esports just to say you don't like esports?
    "Stop liking things I don't like" - Literally that.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]