Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Servers are up, Starfall Prophecy is live !!

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Servers are up, Starfall Prophecy is live !!

With half the content disabled. What a joke. Delayed launch and major bits of content disabled. Sorry but this was a blatant cash grab. Thankfully my friend was reimbursed. They knew major content would not be ready yet released it. Sorry but again Trion have proved cash> working game as per usual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.
    I'm not telling you to avoid the game. Try it by all means. Just don't expect anything special.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-16 at 09:40 PM.

The expansion has little content to begin with and then you disable half of it... because you are scared it will break? HELLO?!?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

And people thought it couldn't get any worse than Nightmare Tide. Now it's worse and B2P.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    ONE HOUR DELAY AND...

CM Morgana
    While we've been making sure everything is ready to go, we are disabling a few things so we can make sure they're in good shape.

The following are temporarily disabled, and will be re-enabled in a near hotfix:

* Minions
    * Instant Adventures: Planar Assault Adventures
    * Dungeons: Tuath'de Coven, Temple of Ananke, Intrepid Darkening Deeps

Great - new expansion - 1/2 content disabled. Only way to level? QUESTING...
    So...the main new form of IA that they hyped up and all of their new dungeons and the upscaled returning dungeon are disabled at launch?...that's embarassing, same goes for minions.

Though it's not "half" by any measure, there's still the new zones which make up a huge amount of the content provided. And yeah, questing has always been a primary method of leveling, and while it sucks that there aren't the additional new dungeons/IA's to help fill gaps and all, I don't think making questing your primary source for experience is a bad thing by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...the main new form of IA that they hyped up and all of their new dungeons and the upscaled returning dungeon are disabled at launch?...that's embarassing, same goes for minions.
    they hyped up the new IA? i think you may be thinking of the fortress siege, because there is zero reason to hype the new planar assault IA.

i tried it on the pts, its literally just an intanced zone with rifts(they said you would go in the rifts but yet its looks exactly like a regular rift with the tear above you, why is there a rift inside a rift?) it acts just like a regular rift, multi mobs then a boss at final stage, then it closes and you just move over to another area in the instance where there is another rift and so on. nothing new at all. now they may have been holding back some stuff that i didnt see, but this is trion so what you see is what you get so i highly doubt it.

this launch is an absolute embarrassment, some content is still giving out old marks as well and multiple players cant even play because their chars keep falling though the floor. they are basically doing a live beta, this game wasnt even close to being ready for release. but they never learn, they talked a big game about delivering a polished game after all the bugs with nightmare tide and the huge drop in population. yet out the gate half the stuff doesnt work on a game they had people pay for.

You know what, Legion is too good and Rift isn't changing anything so I'm going to just pass and watch. See what happens. First time I've made that decision for a Rift expansion. I hope it's as good as the people hyped for it are saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    You know what, Legion is too good and Rift isn't changing anything so I'm going to just pass and watch. See what happens. First time I've made that decision for a Rift expansion. I hope it's as good as the people hyped for it are saying.
    Watch my stream - will be finished processing tomorrow.

All EU servers at low.
    Two NA shards at Medium

Sure, the main server Brutwacht was busy - before people left the city.

Then you shard hop to other shards - EMPTY.

Like I said, this "load balancing" was just about making the game appear alive - which was actually more an annoyance than anything else because without enough mobs, enough quest spawn points - even with shard hopping, I took 2.5 hours to get to 66 because of lack of resources - when you consider EACH quest gave 12 million XP out of 105, this took WAAAAY longer than it should have. Waste of my 160% pots.

Was nowhere near a launch like some other mmo's.

It was nice, however, to see people in-game in zones again.

- - - Updated - - -

The new IA are fire rifts on an endless cycle. The Fortress siege PvE / PvP thing does not appear in-game yet.

Though it's not "half" by any measure, there's still the new zones which make up a huge amount of the content provided.
    You do realize that ONE quest gives 12million XP with 160% pots? First level is 105 million XP. One carnage is 3million. There is very little quest content. Questing would be quick if the spawning was better. I sat around 50% of the time waiting - even with 1 or 2 people running around.

Watch my stream - will be finished processing tomorrow.

All EU servers at low.
    Two NA shards at Medium

Sure, the main server Brutwacht was busy - before people left the city.

Then you shard hop to other shards - EMPTY.

Like I said, this "load balancing" was just about making the game appear alive - which was actually more an annoyance than anything else because without enough mobs, enough quest spawn points - even with shard hopping, I took 2.5 hours to get to 66 because of lack of resources - when you consider EACH quest gave 12 million XP out of 105, this took WAAAAY longer than it should have. Waste of my 160% pots.

Was nowhere near a launch like some other mmo's.

It was nice, however, to see people in-game in zones again.

- - - Updated - - -

The new IA is fire rifts on an endless cycle. The Fortress siege PvE / PvP thing does not appear in-game yet.

You do realize that ONE quest gives 12million XP with 160% pots? First level is 105 million XP. One carnage is 3million. There is very little quest content.
    Question would be quick if the spawning was better. I sat around 50% of the time waiting.
    It kills me to hear that. I remember launch of the original game, it was so good and there was so many people. So much potential. I do love Rift but God damn if Trion isn't making it impossible to love this game anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    It kills me to hear that. I remember launch of the original game, it was so good and there was so many people. So much potential. I do love Rift but God damn if Trion isn't making it impossible to love this game anymore.
    Oh, but Wocky, you're being unfair! You're in Tempest Bay! There's lots of players on ALL the shards. No-one goes to Tempest Bay. it's an empty zone!

Look, I'm happy they put everyone together, but don't give me this crap that it was "load balancing" and the the game population is "ok" when ALL 6 shards don't push one shard over "low" on launch in EU or medium on NA.

Sure, you put all the players on a low pop server in one place, it looks busy. Then, you shard-hop and "crickets"

Oh, but Wocky, you're being unfair! You're in Tempest Bay! There's lots of players on ALL the shards. No-one goes to Tempest Bay. it's an empty zone!

Look, I'm happy they put everyone together, but don't give me this crap that it was "load balancing" and the the game population is "ok" when ALL 6 shards don't push one shard over "low" on launch in EU or medium on NA.

Sure, you put all the players on a low pop server in one place, it looks busy. Then, you shard-hop and "crickets"

Mega server, one for US and one for EU. That's the best solution at this point for population. Well, actually it's having a good number of active players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mega server, one for US and one for EU. That's the best solution at this point for population. Well, actually it's having a good number of active players.
    Largest BETA release EVER?

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5260280

RIFT 4.0 KNOWN ISSUES LIST
    Greetings, Ascended!

Welcome to the 4.0 Known Issues Thread, where we hope to inform you of issues we are currently aware of, fixes that are coming soon, and ones that have already been fixed.

Feel free to post any bugs you encounter here in this thread as well!

TEMPORARILY DISABLED - WILL RETURN IN A NEAR HOTFIX!
    * Minions
    * Fortress Sieges
    * Puzzle Boxes/Cairns in all zones.

KNOWN ISSUES
    * The Tempest Bay porticulum should now unlock when reaching level 48, without needing the NPC.

COMING SOON IN A HOTFIX
    * The Planar Fragment recycle button is using incorrect text.
    * Updated the currency filter in Rift Store to include Tower Fragments.
    * Ifirt mobs are now appropriately Ifrits.
    * Fixed an issue preventing the auto spend of Legendary Soul Points from working as expected.
    * Fixed the two hostile unicorns to be Alicorn models.
    * Quest: Uncorking Ceremony - Fixed text issues, and prevented a companion from shoowing up too early.
    * Colossi in Starfall Prophecy zone events are not giving the correct notoriety.
    * Quest: The Devil Who Would Be King and A Tale of the Devil Who Would Be King – Soul Prisons no longer regen out of combat.
    * Zone – Scatherran Forest – The discover quests Green Thumb Defender, Rock About the Falls, Helping Hand, Gnommergeddeon and Help the Helpless no longer have the incorrect respawn times for objectives.
    * Quest: For a Warfare – Corrupted Wyrd Spirits and Twisted Ents have been tuned.
    * Wardstones in Camp Veist and Camp Quagmire no longer have the incorrect display name.
    * Zone – Scatherran Forest – The daily quests Pure Hearted and Kick the Barrel now have the correct text when completed.
    * Fixed the issue where Mael Salach and Queen Una Spammed their villainous monologue multiple times.

this 64 bit issue still affecting people /or they just outright crash (frm 1st november on public test shard)

FIXED ISSUES
    >none<
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-17 at 07:49 AM.

TEMPORARILY DISABLED - WILL RETURN IN A NEAR HOTFIX!
    * Minions
    * Fortress Sieges
    * Puzzle Boxes/Cairns in all zones.
    Jesus, the sieges and puzzles too?

So did anything other than the zones and new quests even go live today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, the sieges and puzzles too?

So did anything other than the zones and new quests even go live today?
    Let me save you watching my video - because it was painful. Even things on PTS were gone. Like the recycle button for fragments.

I warned my guildies not to use 64 bit. They didn't listen! crashing, looping through the world.

Seriously. I sat around most of the time - waiting for quest respawns. This was evident as a problem in my FIRST two hour play-through on beta to 66 -

but, hey! I think someone watched my first critique - I said the voice actor for the young dragon sounded like a "retarded giant", not a dragon. ~ they fixed that.

I'm going to save my 160% pots and wait for people to level and then tackle it again. Questing is a joke - with more than 1 or 2 people in the area, not enough spawns.

Even the very first friggin' quest - the one to send you the first new zone has a friggin' invisible wall. I tried several times to get through. I thought I missed a pre-quest. I only discovered this morning it's bugged!

THE FIRST FRIGGIN QUEST IS BUGGED!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5260431

Voice dialogue for quests is in an infinite loop - repeating simultaneously for everyone in the area in a garbled out of sync repeat. It's like a bad musical "round" with hundreds of repeats echoing over each other.

It's just a beta this.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-17 at 08:34 AM.

Why even bother releasing the damn expansion if it's clearly not finished? It's one thing to have bugs and problems on launch day, that's not uncommon, but half of the expansion being unplayable isn't okay. What in the bloody hell is going on with Trion?

Sorry but not even @Slipmat can defend this. This expansion launched unfinished. Period. It was a blatant cash grab. Period. It somehow ended up worse then Nightmare Tide. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Why even bother releasing the damn expansion if it's clearly not finished? It's one thing to have bugs and problems on launch day, that's not uncommon, but half of the expansion being unplayable isn't okay. What in the bloody hell is going on with Trion?
    They care more about lining their pockets than making sure content is either working or ready.

It's been an ongoing theme with Trion for the past 12 ish months now. The last two raid releases were buggy and clearly unfinished, even the IA version of Mind of Madness which came out months later still had bugs galore. Not only with boss fights, but there was a good chance that you could fall through the world any time you walked up a slope - And there were lots of those throughout the raid.

At this point things being so buggy they're unplayable is par for the course for Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sorry but not even @Slipmat can defend this. This expansion launched unfinished. Period. It was a blatant cash grab. Period. It somehow ended up worse then Nightmare Tide. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

They care more about lining their pockets than making sure content is either working or ready.
    I was hopeful for this expansion, didnt buy it because other things caught my attention, but damn, this is depressing
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2016-11-17 at 02:07 PM.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Well if they wanted money they could have just made another trove expansion, guarantee it would make so much more money at this point.

Because one of the two games is not dead.
    Honestly Trove is pretty decent. But this is it for Rift methinks. An expansion with a lot of the content disabled does not bode well. Unfinished is the word that comes to mind. I don't think anyone can honestly say Starfall Prophecy is a decent expansion or that it's better than Nightmare Tide because it just really isn't. Honestly this expansion is a borderline scam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I was hopeful for this expansion, didnt buy it because other things caught my attention, but damn, this is depressing
    Since you changed the quote so were a lot of people. Thank god I saved my money which will go into either my retro game collecting, the new SWTOR expansion, FF15 or possible a Fan Fest Tokyo digital ticket for FF14. I had to reimburse a friend because it's non refundable and he really wanted me to come back and even his group of friends that play Rift are disappointed. Fortunately somehow he managed to get a refund.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-17 at 02:10 PM.

So happy I didn't even consider buying this "Expansion". Its more like a content patch since they barely added anything, due to most of it being disabled.

This feels like the last cash grab before Trion pulls the plug. There is MMO's in maintenance mode that isn't this broken. I still feel by the end of 2017 Trion will pull the plug, The game that got them on the map mite as well be dead at this point.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD