Page 1 of 3
LastLast

how is your Ui as healer?

Recently i joined a mythic progress guild and they also bring about 30 people on their hc run , its really hard to manage so many people , i can barely see whats happening because of so many frames , its even harder because i use decursive too and on dispell fights there is literally no space at all , i used to do 10mans or mythic+ before this and it was fine but 20+ ppl is a bit too much , i dont know how to handle this. Any ideas?

I would give a raid frame addon a try! Personally I just use ElvUI with their enhanced raid frames, but you have Vuhdo, Grid, Grid2 etc.

That might help you get the info you need in less space. It WILL take up space, don't get me wrong, but finding that balance between screen real estate and information can be crucial.

That said, with say, core addons like weakauras/tellmewhen, and a boss mod, there should be more than enough space for you to see HP bars, debuffs and buffs, and the fire you should be moving out of

Edit: Also, I would just drop decursive. It might be helpful, but it is really not needed IMO.

Deleted
    Typical healer raid frame: http://imgur.com/a/MnLPP

Most healers have it either below the char (see screenshot) or on the left / right. Mine starts with one group centered below the char and expands equally to the left and right. Just keep that area free from weak auras and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by warchief606 View Post
    Typical healer raid frame: http://imgur.com/a/MnLPP

Most healers have it either below the char (see screenshot) or on the left / right. Mine starts with one group centered below the char and expands equally to the left and right. Just keep that area free from weak auras and so on.
    I have to remove the bars below the char then and replace them with the frames , not sure if i need a mod about this one , this guy doesnt use decursive too but i cant do that since i lack extra keys for dispells.

The thing is, with a true healing raid frame addon, you can set up your dispel as a click, the same way decursive works. In fact, you can set up all some or all of your heals to be mouse clicks, or you can use the frames for mouse over macros, or you can use them to select people then hit your hotkey. You have much more flexibility using this kind of dedicated raid frame. They can also be set up to show you other important info in a much clearer way than the std blizz raid frames. I prefer Vuhdo, but any of them can help you out.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiraakitteh View Post
    The thing is, with a true healing raid frame addon, you can set up your dispel as a click, the same way decursive works. In fact, you can set up all some or all of your heals to be mouse clicks, or you can use the frames for mouse over macros, or you can use them to select people then hit your hotkey. You have much more flexibility using this kind of dedicated raid frame. They can also be set up to show you other important info in a much clearer way than the std blizz raid frames. I prefer Vuhdo, but any of them can help you out.

Hope this helps.
    What addon makes you dispell with a click? I must have it.
    I'm having issues with dispelling on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatts View Post
    I know that vuhdo does this, not sure about other addons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatts View Post
    You can use addon named Clique.
    However I prefer mouseover macros for healing (does not work with mouseclicks though)

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My UI as a healer is the standard UI, Never had any problems with it, and never really looked at any addons for better frames etc

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I have to remove the bars below the char then and replace them with the frames , not sure if i need a mod about this one , this guy doesnt use decursive too but i cant do that since i lack extra keys for dispells.
    Here's my UI:

My raid frames are right below my health bars (ElvUI bugs when I swap to holy from shadow cause my shadow frames are very different). I have action bars but their hidden. As for keybinds for dispelling, I personally use a lot of Shift or Ctrl modifiers for spells that I don't use often but still need access to. Shift + 8 happens to be my mouseover dispel and Ctrl + 8 is my Mass Dispel. I also use a naga which helps a ton but isn't a requirement. Might want to give that a shot, although I highly recommend mouse over macros for dispels.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-11-10 at 11:15 PM.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is what I'm using:

(Click for bigger version)

It looks a lot like TukUI but it's not. I do like TukUI but I disliked not having the flexibility to move everything as needed. For example, there's no way to center raidframes in TukUI where you need them as a healer. They're always in the top left corner. There's just no way to heal with that AND keep an eye on fire under you. Plus, it kinda sucks when your addons are then not skinned to fit the look of the UI.

Raidframes populate between player (left) and target (right). You can see my own frame as I display when solo.
    Last edited by Venara; 2016-11-11 at 05:55 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

10+ Year Old Account
    This is mine ^^

http://i.imgur.com/pCSUVqm.jpg

Edit: I really like Venara's :O So simple!
    Last edited by Akeso; 2016-11-10 at 12:46 PM.
    The Old Republic - Coral - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
    - Aseko - Marauder // Akeso - Assassin -
    - Akkyvineus - Shadow // Aseka - Sentinel -
    Stream // Hybrid Sin - Dat Push! - Carnage Op - Failbang
    i7 5820k 3.6ghz | MSI X99S ACK | Potenza 16GB DDR4 | MSI GTX 980 | 512GB Crucial M2 SSD | NZXT Phantom 630 Black | 1000W Corsair RM

Surprised no one recommends healbot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vained View Post
    Surprised no one recommends healbot.
    Healbot? What is this, 2005?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Oh god, here we go again, another "show me your UI" thread. Sure you can show how clean your ui is, but please let's not brag about it because that's not what OP is asking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Oh god, here we go again, another "show me your UI" thread. Sure you can show how clean your ui is, but please let's not brag about it because that's not what OP is asking.
    Not sure anyone is bragging? We're giving suggestions; OP is finding it difficult to keep track of 20+ people, so we're showing how our UI's help us manage this...
    The Old Republic - Coral - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
    - Aseko - Marauder // Akeso - Assassin -
    - Akkyvineus - Shadow // Aseka - Sentinel -
    Stream // Hybrid Sin - Dat Push! - Carnage Op - Failbang
    i7 5820k 3.6ghz | MSI X99S ACK | Potenza 16GB DDR4 | MSI GTX 980 | 512GB Crucial M2 SSD | NZXT Phantom 630 Black | 1000W Corsair RM

Quote Originally Posted by Akeso View Post
    Not sure anyone is bragging? We're giving suggestions; OP is finding it difficult to keep track of 20+ people, so we're showing how our UI's help us manage this...
    Half the posts so far had no raid frame on. I'm more inclined to say there's some narcissism involved in this thread, but please don't mind me, if you can help him then all power to you

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    It looks a lot like TukUI but it's not. I do like TukUI but I disliked not having the flexibility to move everything as needed. For example, there's no way to center raidframes in TukUI where you need them as a healer. They're always in the top left corner. There's just no way to heal with that AND keep an eye on fire under you. Plus, it kinda sucks when your addons are then not skinned to fit the look of the UI.

Raidframes populate between player (left) and target (right). You can see my own frame as I display when solo.
    You can actually move them in tukui, I think you have to type /move or something like that. As for skinning everything, you should look into OuF, it might be what you're looking for.

It would be handy if you could post your current ui, so we can see what we have to play with. If you use something like Elv-ui there's normally an option to allow you to customise the bar size, colour and buff/debuff tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Half the posts so far had no raid frame on. I'm more inclined to say there's some narcissism involved in this thread, but please don't mind me, if you can help him then all power to you
    Mine is an older screen shot, but raidframes are on there, they were just bugged. /shrug