What comes first?

Hello everyone! I'm currently gaming on a very outdated setup from around 2012 and am in need of some serious upgrades.

I'm looking at upgrading my graphics card, switching to an SSD, and possibly upgrading my motherboard and CPU asap if needed. Current specs are:
    -i7-3820 CPU
    -GTX 560 Ti GPU
    -ASRock X79 Xtreme4 Mobo
    -16gb random memory

Looking at grabbing a GTX 1070, new motherboard, new SSD and maybe an i5-6600k.
    So my questions are; Which parts should I go for first and will my performance be bottlenecked with the parts listed above? I'm looking to get high fps on 1080/1920 resolution and i'm fairly certain that the 1070 will accomplish this for me. However, I am open to suggestions. Thanks!
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"][/COLOR]
    TROLLS BE TROLLIN'

Deleted
    CPU is still fine. To bad you can't OC it, for some extra performance.

But your biggest bottleneck is the GPU. If you upgrade that to an 1070 it will be fine for the next 2-3 years (def at 1080p @ 60hz).
    If possible, with that an SSD will help make your system feel more responsive and faster.

Extra question, what PSU do you have? If it is a low quality one it might also be worth getting a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    CPU is still fine. To bad you can't OC it, for some extra performance.

But your biggest bottleneck is the GPU. If you upgrade that to an 1070 it will be fine for the next 2-3 years (def at 1080p @ 60hz).
    If possible, with that an SSD will help make your system feel more responsive and faster.

Extra question, what PSU do you have? If it is a low quality one it might also be worth getting a new one.

I'll have to double check tonight once I get back from work, but I believe it's 600W at the bare minimum. I used to run 2 560 Ti's in SLI before so I know I built it with plenty of power in mind.
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"][/COLOR]
    TROLLS BE TROLLIN'

Deleted
    The PSU is probably fine, just to double check

1060 6gb will let you play almost anything on ultra settings in 1080p

i7-3820 has a partially unlocked multiplier afaik (x43, and you can also BCLK oc it further), you can still get good performance out of it.

I'd say you only need a new GPU and a SSD.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-11-19 at 10:05 AM.

I am always the party pooper but, if your main games are titles like WoW where they arent very graphically intense you wont be noticing much if any differences going to a 1060/1070.

If you do play newer games tho i agree with above, GPU and SSD would be the upgrades to make. Your system would be good for many years, as long as the components hold up