Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well lothraxion has a nice combat ability so I'd say that

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    what would be the best best best for quests?
    The list of all missions on wowhead is a bit much to comb through, but based on what I've seen I would guess the mission counts given in the chart in post #2 are accurate.The following was my own analysis.

You want to be able to counter anything, theoretically, so you want at least one of each spec and ability counter. THere are far more missions that require prot and ret paladins than there are that require holy paladins, so we can immediately see that an ideal configuration would be: 2 ret champions, 1 holy champion, 2 prot champions. That gives us a solid spread of specs to counter whatever missions we get.

Ret: We only have two, so we're using Arator and Liadrin.

++Current setup: Arator, Liadrin
    ++Current Ability Counters: 1 Minion, 1 Spell.
    ++Current Specials: Arator (+5% per troop vitality), Liadrin (+15% vs Hazard).

So, with just those two champions, we have at least something against every threat type; we can't counter hazards, technically, but Liadrin gets a boost against them so we're not helpless either.

Prot: We want two of the three, so it's just a matter of choosing which one to bench.
    1) Boros. Counters Minions, +15% if working with greater troops.
    ---Decent threat counter, ability is useful but depends on using greater troops, which only have 2 of (3 if you have the order hall advancement), and doesn't scale if you send multiple troops.
    2) Tyrosus. Counters Hazard, ability gives us consumables to boost success chance by 20% for one mission. You can use these consumables on every champion on a mission, for a massive boost when needed.
    3) Lothraxion: Counters Spell, bonus against Minion.

So, Tyrosus is an obvious choice. Gives us a Hazard counter, and the ability is fantastic. We can come back to choosing between Boros and Lothraxion in a minute.

++Current setup: Arator, Liadrin, Tyrosus.
    ++Current ability counters: 1 Minion, 1 Hazard, 1 Spell
    ++Current Specials: Arator (+5% per troop vitality), Liadrin (+15% vs Hazard), Tyrosus (+20% Consumables).

Holy: We only need one.
    1) Delas: Counters Minion, +15% vs spells. Not bad, nothing special.
    2) Aponi: Counters Hazard, Chance to recover expired troops with 1 vitality. Honestly, order resources are plentiful so replacing troops is neither expensive nor difficult, and with Arator we'd rather have fresh troops than weak troops.
    3) Julia: Counters Spell, -20% mission duration. Mission duration is convenient, but not anything I"m excited by. It doesn't seem to increase availability of missions, so it's only really good if you're impatient, imo.

So the obvious choice here seems to be Delas, to me.

++Current Setup: Arator, Liadrin, Tyrosus, Delas.
    ++Current Ability Counters: 2 Minion, 1 Hazard, 1 Spell
    ++Current Specials: +5% per troop vitality (Arator), +15% vs Spell (Delas), +15% vs Hazard (Liadrin), 20% Consumables (Tyrosus).

So, that just leaves choosing between Boros and Lothraxion. Boros Counters minions, and we've already got two of those, plus his ability is somewhat redundant with Arator's. Lothraxion counters Spells, and his special would give us one special against each ability type. That would give us 2 minion counters, 1 hazard counter, 2 spell counters.... and if you look at the chart, you see that there are fewer missions that require hazard counters than there are that require the others, so that seems like a solid setup.

Plus, if you use Lothraxion as a combat ally, he has a solid on-use ability, and the above setup is reliable enough that even with just the other 4 champions, you can probably guarantee close to 200% on any mission, and it's cheap enough to assign combat allies that you can pretty easily assign him when he's not needed, and unassign him when he's not.

++Final Setup: Arator, Liadrin, Tyrosus, Lothraxion, Delas
    ++Available Ability Counters: 2 Minion, 1 Hazard, 2 Spell
    ++Available Specials: +5% per troop vitality (Arator), +15% vs Spell (Delas), +15% vs Hazard (Liadrin), +15% vs Minion (Lothraxion), 20% consumables (Tyrosus.
    ++Combat Ally: Lothraxion (Stun enemies, increase their damage taken while they're stunned).

As a final note, I have my Lothraxion set up with one world quest equipment and one mission equipment, so when I don't need him for missions he gives me 25 gold per world quest.

TL;DR: In my opinion, yes, Discord's setup is ideal.

Deleted
    You have always Arator, Liandrin and Tyrosus and then 2 choices.
    It comes down to Julia+Boros or Delas+Lothraxion. If you have the ability to immediately check your missions, the first pair has an edge due to Julias' ability to shorten them. If you check like once or twice a day the second combination is overall better.
    Aponi is sadly not really useful. She takes a Holyslot while countering the same as Tyrosus and infringing on Liandrins 15% Bonus , so she doesn't really fit.

If someone has a good idea to make her workable it would be nice to share since I want to have all my Champions to be Epic 850s.

My setup is maybe a bit weird because I ended up with 3 prots, but it's Arator, Celeste, Tyrosus, Boros and Lothraxion.

Why?

Tyrosus tomes are really good if you're missing % from a crucial mission and can't get it from anywhere else.

Lothraxion is my favourite combat ally when I want to use a combat ally, so didn't want to disable him, Liadrin's combat ability is really poor in my opinion, so I decided to disable her, other 2 bodyguards are still there if I want them.

Boros passive is really good too, I opted for +1 silver hand knight research after I got all champions to 850 (and keep gathering the armaments from missions if they ever up the cap), and also slotted equipment on Boros that additionally boosts the success chance when accompanied by silver hand knights, so I make sure to always pair him with 1.

Arator I kept because first his bodyguard ability might come handy and second his passive applies all the time if there are troops, I just make sure to pair him with max vitality one. It's not dependent on mission counters present.

That left me with holy paladin slot, and well Aponi's passive is worthless and Delas sadly brings consecration which I already had 2 of and didn't want to ditch any of the others. So that gave me Celeste left, not tremendously useful passive, but at least better spread of counters especially when I use Lothraxion as a combat ally Celeste is my only interrupt counter able to be sent out.

About equips on champs for missions, I sadly found the "success chance on missions shorter than 4 hours" useless, there are no such missions, rarely some would fit into that category if Celeste is on them with her passive, so this equipment is worthless unless paired with mission duration shortening (and that would eat away another slot).

I mostly use generic mission success boost paired with "success on missions longer than 8 hours", you can sometimes deliberately NOT counter the hourglass ability to extend a mission and trigger that equipment piece like sturdy hiking boots to apply the bonus.

Difference between garrison and order hall is you get way fewer useful missions per day (half my missions are worthless champ armaments / equips, rep tokens I can only stockpile for future alts and such), so there's little point to stack mission shortening equips unlike old "epic horse" stacking, because you simply don't have that many missions to cover.

The only other equip I would consider is +success chance with X type of troop if that champion already has an innate ability of that kind so you double dip in it. So Boros for paladins for example.

I don't bother with the "world quest completed with combat ally" equipments because I don't do that many world quests any more and the sums of order resources / gold are small enough to look worthy only if you mass farm WQs. Maybe I'm wrong about that, if you farm a lot of WQ with a combat ally feel free to equip him for that purpose instead of mission related equips.