Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Mage PVP Tips and Tricks

I've been in a bit of a BG grind this weekend trying to get my Paragon trait, and I'm interested in hearing from people that BG often about any little tricks you can use to bring the game into a more favorable position
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    General tips:

1. Make cancel aura macro to cancel Temporal Shield, melee will burst you in less than 4 seconds.
    2. Use sheep a lot. Good healers are hard to kill solo in random bg if not focused. Sheep them instead to kill of the dps first.
    3. Use sheep a lot. Rogue in your back? Shimmer away and sheep him. If he cloaks run for duration of cloak and sheep him. Setup burst and nuke him.
    4. Use sheep a lot. Melee. If you get 2 melee running to you, pickup strongest and sheep him. Deal with weakest target first and nuke him down asap.
    5. Use spellsteal. Warlock spell reflect, Mage temporal shield, fire mage combustion/pyro proc, priest power infusion, paladin hand of freedom, ect... . So many things you can remove from hostile players and use it for your own benifit.
    6. Don't use Shimmer to often, try to get used to Ice Flows. Had to many times early Legion that I used it to fast and wasn't back up again when really needed.

These are the first things that pop up.

Thank you so much for this. New mage in BG's and I have been having a bunch of problems with getting Rogues off of me. I have also noticed that i am using shimmer too quickly. Trying to learn, but loving the class. Keep the tips coming please!

PS having tough time with DK's
    Last edited by Tilu; 2016-11-29 at 03:52 PM.

Deleted
    To kill a dk, yes, having same problem. To survive him and kite him around not so much no. You can kite them easy but takes ages to kill them.

What mage spec are you playing. Playing frost myself so not really having much problem with dk's.

Playing Frost... I am probably just playing the spec wrong though. I am learning you have to move around a bunch and not sit and try to train. I also think i am trying to burst too early. I may try using mirrior image too. I am not looking forward to having to pick between shimmer and ice floes with the next patch.