Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    If they said it on reddit, yes.
    Well I assume this could be replicated on other media like twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well I assume this could be replicated on other media like twitter?
    If there were evidence that twitter did this then yes.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Cooy-paste:

——————————————–
    In case you don't understand the gravity of Spez's fuck up, allow me to summarize.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...vity_of_spezs/
    /u/spez is the CEO of the 27th largest website in the world.
    He controls about 6.25% of Conde Nast/Advance Publications' media arsenal. (Same people that run Vogue, Vanity Fair, The New Yorker. That pretentious shit.)
    What he did:
    He edited comments critical of himself without leaving a trace. It was found out because the comments were changed in an obvious manner. He intended this to be a joke. The problem is there was no trace they were edited.
    What this means:
    1. The Admins have this capability. This should not be a surprise.
    2. The Admins use this capability. This ought to be a bit of a surprise.
    3. They do it to comments critical of themselves as a joke.
    4. Does this mean they do it hide things critical of their Advance Overlords?
    5. Have they ever done this to 'frame' someone for breaking site rules to ban them or a subreddit?
    More pure implications:
    1. The CEO of a major media company edited the comments of Trump supporters because he did not like what they had to say.
    2. He did this after allowing the Washington Post to cite the thread he changed comments in for an article.
    3. This calls into question the integrity of the website. Not in a "muh free spech" sense, but in a legal sense. How many court cases are riding on user history submitted as evidence? Stonetear as just one example.
    4. Reddit allows illegal activities like /r/fakeid to persist, but edits the comments of Trump supporters because they were mean to the CEO personally?
    I'm sorry Spez (not really, actually, though I understand), but I'm pretty sure you're done here. Conde Nast isn't going to tolerate the shitstorm you've brewed. PR and legal wise, huge fuck up. Possibly the biggest in this site's history.
    One more thing….
    Impersonating another person, i.e. user, violates reddit TOS. The CEO violating TOS may be seen as a breach of contract leaving reddit liable to anyone who had their comment altered.
    ——————————————–
    Huge shitstorm of disastrous PR implications,hiding their advance overlords? Jesus, mate. This people take Reddit way too seriously. I just checked the front page of reddit and news about this topic and no one is giving a shit. You know why? Because aside from T_D, no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    I just checked the front page of reddit
    "Kotaku isn't corrupt [1]

1. Source: Kotaku"

I actually agree, reddit is ridiculous and people take it way too seriously.

However saying that it is just t_d is stupid. If it were just them we wouldn't even know about them. To deny that reddit has stupid amount of influence on the media in general is ignorant at best.

If there were evidence that twitter did this then yes.
    But it could be done?

"Kotaku isn't corrupt [1]

1. Source: Kotaku"

I actually agree, reddit is ridiculous and people take it way too seriously.

However saying that it is just t_d is stupid. If it were just them we wouldn't even know about them. To deny that reddit has stupid amount of influence on the media in general is ignorant at best.
    Except if it mattered, people would be complaining about it all the time. r/all would be filled to the brim with topics about it. Truth to be told, only r/the_donald cares about it, and the reason we know about it, it's because they kick and scream like loud children.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    From my PoV Reddit is NOT TO BE TRUSTED, I'll go back to lurker mode there and never post anything and take any post I read there with a grain of salt as "maybe it's a legit post, maybe not".
    If you didn't do so previously - well see at least something positive came of it. You got taught a bit of common sense.
    But it could be done?
    Sure it can be tried any time you post something on the net since someone always has access to that.
    r/all would be filled to the brim with topics about it .
    Not that it's relevant but manipulating what's on r/all is pretty much common practice.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-11-24 at 10:53 PM.

He said he was tired of being called a pedo and that's understandable.

Most of the country was tired of being called a racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe, islamaphobe, a fucking a white a male, and literally Hitler.

His antics just remind of everybody that the battle over the Left's information manipulation was won but the war still rages on.

#maga
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

But it could be done?
    Yes of course, underneath it's an SQL database just like any other website. We always put our data in the hands of people that can tamper with it. Which is why it's a big deal when such a huge site, in which millions of people put their trust, actually does it.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    If you didn't do so previously - well see at least something positive came of it. You got taught a bit of common sense.

Sure it can be tried any time you post something on the net since someone always has access to that.

Not that it's relevant but manipulating what's on r/all is pretty much common practice.
    What???????

What???????
    Sorry wanted to say the frontpage my bad. Raiding is pretty exhausting these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, and you can easily track changes.

The story is really simple.
    People from T_D harassed CEO because a conspiracy-r/ was banned when it crossed ethical and legal borders.
    He simply changed his name to that from T_D mods so the harassment was sent to them.
    So the changes are trackable?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's petty, but understandable. One thing people forget is that no matter where you go on the internet, you don't get away with saying anything you want. Even 4chan has rules and moderators. You sign up to follow the rules of that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It's petty, but understandable. One thing people forget is that no matter where you go on the internet, you don't get away with saying anything you want. Even 4chan has rules and moderators. You sign up to follow the rules of that site.
    i highly doubt the rules include "we get to change what you say and make it look like you said it yourself" if they had just gotten an infraction of some kind i don't think anyone would be in much of a huff. Its the fact that comments where edited in a way to hide the edit that's got people annoyed.

Not gonna lie, that is scary coming from someone on a position of power on a forum I hang out at..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Not gonna lie, that is scary coming from someone on a position of power on a forum I hang out at..
    Let me rephrase (at work, on phone, can't really post long posts). It's understandable that he would remove the comments. It's petty that he would change the text to something else.

Let me rephrase (at work, on phone, can't really post long posts). It's understandable that he would remove the comments. It's petty that he would change the text to something else.
    That I do can get behind. It's a private place, so "censoring", mainly by banning, etc, isn't really an issue - sure, it's annoying when blatant biases are found, but completely within their right (well, or if it's against their Rules, then it's a given) - and it seemed like the "Petty but understandable" was all regarding the editing issue; Apologies for the mistake.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2016-11-25 at 04:56 AM.

I'll say it. The money invested on CTR, was worth it. It quite literally turned Trump supporters into delusional and paranoid individuals who think that everyone who disagrees with them is a paid shill. And FTR(pun intended) I've never seen actuall proof of CTR engaging in the same actions that r/the_donald users did.
    I agree, totally worth getting caught paying people to support your cause online through lying and trolling, it was super successful and innovative from the Clinton campaign. More of that 'ground work' all the Clintonbots keep talking about.

I look forward to the day where another platform for youtube, twitter, reddit, and whatever else show up and knock these websites down a peg.

Funnyjunk has been the only place I'm aware of that hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I agree, totally worth getting caught paying people to support your cause online through lying and trolling, it was super successful and innovative from the Clinton campaign. More of that 'ground work' all the Clintonbots keep talking about.
    Caught? Dude they never tried to hide. CTR even has an official website. The problem is that you lot exaggerated the issue and became extremely paranoid about it.