Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Trion: Continued viewbotting on RIFT videos!

This one may not be as obvious as the Comet of Ankhet, but it is pretty obvious to me that trion is viewbotting on the Starfall Prophecy launch trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVx22tlgTlQ&t=18s

I noticed in my recommended list it seems to gradually increase by 20,000 views per day but yet, no new comments or likes/dislikes per day.

TO me this is quite obvious that trion is viewbotting yet again.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Oh for god sake not again. Sorry but it's blatant viewbotting at this point. Which highly indicates the game flopped to shit. When your game is in such a dire state you need to viewbot it to get noticed. Hilarious.

147k views in 11 days is pretty shitty viewbotting...

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    147k views in 11 days is pretty shitty viewbotting...
    Indeed at least make it look less obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Indeed at least make it look less obvious.
    No...I'm saying that's extremely low. Even if every single view was a bot (Which it obviously is not, probably not even half of them), 147k in 11 days is tremendously slow for viewbotting.

No...I'm saying that's extremely low. Even if every single view was a bot (Which it obviously is not, probably not even half of them), 147k in 11 days is tremendously slow for viewbotting.
    Well what else can you suggest? That had around 10k after a week. I highly doubt over the course of just over a week 100k plus people have watched it.

Well what else can you suggest? That had around 10k after a week. I highly doubt over the course of just over a week 100k plus people have watched it.
    Maybe word got out? 147k is not very high for a video game trailer. Even for Rift, that's not impressive numbers. It's entirely possible that 147k people have watched that video in 2 weeks. Maybe some of it is viewbots, but there's nothing in the numbers that says it is lol.

Maybe word got out? 147k is not very high for a video game trailer. Even for Rift, that's not impressive numbers. It's entirely possible that 147k people have watched that video in 2 weeks. Maybe some of it is viewbots, but there's nothing in the numbers that says it is lol.
    The very tiny amount of likes and dislikes. The rise is way off for a Rift video. And Trion are known for doing it before hand. Oh and how it's climbed that many viewers without comments or likes and dislikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDlN7ZpjZsU This is the other video that was viewbotted just for the record.

With Trions past record I wouldn't be surprised if they have done it again. People usually say past performance is no indication of future performance and while I agree with it however in Trions case it is quite the opposite for them since Nightmare Tide. The signs point towards viewbotting but on a smaller scale because they knew they got caught out with it for the Comet video.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-27 at 05:37 PM.

Eh, looking around a bit it seems like most articles about the launch embedded the trailer, so it's totally reasonable for it to hit 150kish in a week of views if folks are watching them through the embedded links.

It's more in-line with their proper trailers view counts, just extremely atypical for the rest of the videos. Which indicates that nobody is really following the Rift YouTube channel, but that the overwhelming majority of views are coming from embedded links around major marketing beats that have trailers with them.

Yeah, the SFP announce trailer was super viewbotted to get to 1M, but this doesn't seem like viewbotting compared to the average traffic for the rest of their proper trailers.

I think people are missing the obvious

every day it goes up by nearly 20k, without a single new comment or a single new like.

How is that normal?

EDIT: It is possible they are lowballing it this time because it was PAINFULLY obvious that they viewbotted on that dumb raid video.

Watch, in less than a week, it will likely be at 200k
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2016-11-27 at 06:43 PM.
    Diablo Bore.

Sorry but that video has gone up nearly 40k in a single day. It's either as Edge says embedding or blatant viewbotting.

Lol now it's upto 210k. It's gone up nearly 70k in a fucking day. Sorry but this is just hilarious.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-28 at 07:44 PM.

Not sure you get how it works. They pay a site to advertise the Youtube video. Everytime someone loads a page it auto plays and they get 1 view. More then likely being done on mmorpg.com

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Not sure you get how it works. They pay a site to advertise the Youtube video. Everytime someone loads a page it auto plays and they get 1 view. More then likely being done on mmorpg.com
    Which is what Edge pointed upon. Still doesn't mean it's not a shitty thing to do. It's a simple stunt to make the game appear more popular than it is. Just like the Comet of Ahnket video. Maybe it is an auto load thing and maybe it's viewbotting. But it's gone up 70k since Ryan originally posted which does raise some eyebrows. I'm not calling you flat out wrong just the increase seems a bit too high for just auto loading from a website.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-28 at 08:04 PM.

Which is what Edge pointed upon. Still doesn't mean it's not a shitty thing to do. It's a simple stunt to make the game appear more popular than it is. Just like the Comet of Ahnket video. Maybe it is an auto load thing and maybe it's viewbotting. But it's gone up 70k since Ryan originally posted which does raise some eyebrows. I'm not calling you flat out wrong just the increase seems a bit too high for just auto loading from a website.
    Trion is a small company. If you think they are the only ones doing it you are crazy. Blizzard does it constantly also with a way bigger budget.

Trion is a small company. If you think they are the only ones doing it you are crazy. Blizzard does it constantly also with a way bigger budget.
    Care to provide any examples of Blizzard doing so?. I'm actually curious. We already have at least 1 that was done by Trion. My point was it makes Rift look way more popular than it is which you and I both know is the intent of the video.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-28 at 08:40 PM.

I don't think the video is in any autoplay adverts, and videos being embedded in articles by writers is normal behavior and does not earn sites any money at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't think the video is in any autoplay adverts
    It autoplays if you look at Rifts store page on Steam, I expect that accounts for a significant proportion of traffic to the video. I wouldn't be so quick to label it viewbotting however, chances are it's simply a case of the video being embedded and played by other sites. If the viewers aren't even visiting Youtube then yeah, you're not going to end up with very many likes, dislikes or comments.

On the other hand, a rise this fast is somewhat suspect, especially given that it doesn't seem to be embedded that many places. I won't Trion of Viewbotting, but I wouldn't put it past some of the fans of the game to do it on their behalf. So I'm going to wait patiently for some real evidence, one way or the other.

For a company that now hides the population of the shards (now just says up as apposed to low-med-high), doesn't kick people for over 24 hours logged into the game (see minion botting in dimensions by well known players and the changes to adventurine recently), uses the term "load balancing" to throw every single player on one shard when they know their engine can't handle a lot of people in the same area without chugging. Do people seriously think Viewbotting is below Trion at this point?

I checked around and found 3 different place that you can watch the video w/o being on youtube. The biggest one is on the front page of Rift. So yeah... i dont think it's viewbotting, it's most likely just views from embedded videos.

Uh huh, Yesterday it was on 147k

Now it is on 221k

Any more likes? 2

Comon guys, this is obvious at this point

Nearly doubled its week long views in a day...

Blizzard doesn't viewbot lol...
    Diablo Bore.