Frost legendaries need to be buffed to boost glacial spike builds

The frost hands are great for thermal void, basically by default you have to guaranteed extra ice lances resulting in a MINIMUM of 20% uptime of icy veins

mags bracers? thermal void gets essentially near constant 18% damage boosts with all that ice lance spam and extended icy veins.

zannesus journey is kind of a wtf out of left field AoE boost that seems hard to use consistently, but again, not an ideal boost to glacial spike builds.

Blizzard should consider adding secondary boosts to glacial spike or icicles to be more universal so that glacial spike builds can benefit, if they don't want to boost thermal void builds they could just add something that boosts glacial spike builds where it is an either or issue regarding how you benefit.

AS we all know, I am on record for wanting glacial spike to turn into Gray Fullbusters Zero destruction bow ability, where a massive shard of black ice pierces the enemy, impaling them and causing lingering damage (shadowfrost dot please?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqhe5Z20YwQ#t=2m30s

I think Blizzard is going to avoid legendary items that focus on specific talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianova View Post
    I think Blizzard is going to avoid legendary items that focus on specific talents.
    They added Alexstrasza's fury (or whatever it's called) that works quite well with fire head...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    They added Alexstrasza's fury (or whatever it's called) that works quite well with fire head...
    But Dragons Breath is not tallent it self all fire mages have it. They wont add a legendary that buffs Cinderstorm for example like he is saying about Glacial Spike.

But Dragons Breath is not tallent it self all fire mages have it. They wont add a legendary that buffs Cinderstorm for example like he is saying about Glacial Spike.

This is an argument for buffing icicles, which is universal, but would boost glacial spike builds more.

In my opinion, Frost Hands are unequivocally Thermal Void Hands. It's a huge boost to TV and does nothing for Glacial Spike. I think what OP is suggesting is a legendary that does the opposite. Gives a huge boost to GS while being unhelpful for TV.

Even if Blizzard doesn't want to target specific talents with their legendaries, that's exactly what they're doing with legendaries like Lady Vashj's Grasp.
    Last edited by mage21; 2016-11-30 at 08:33 PM.

Blizz pretty consistently says one thing then does the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    Blizz pretty consistently says one thing then does the opposite.
    "No more content droughts" anyone?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    "No more content droughts" anyone?
    "We'll make ubiquitous talents baseline and buff the weak ones."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    This is an argument for buffing icicles, which is universal, but would boost glacial spike builds more.
    nah, make a legendary that makes chain reaction buff frost bolt as well like 5/10/15%(25% of the buff) or casting FoF buffs the next frost bolt by 10/15%, there are plenty of ways to do it but i think they dont want a GS focused spec, atleast since they are nerfing frost bolt it makes GS less viable but damn if it doesnt feel good when you see those 5,5+ million crits on live.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    nah, make a legendary that makes chain reaction buff frost bolt as well like 5/10/15%(25% of the buff) or casting FoF buffs the next frost bolt by 10/15%, there are plenty of ways to do it but i think they dont want a GS focused spec, atleast since they are nerfing frost bolt it makes GS less viable but damn if it doesnt feel good when you see those 5,5+ million crits on live.
    From everything I've seen, the buff to glacial spike (unless it was reverted in the changes a couple day ago I forget) more than made up for the nerf to frost bolt and as such glacial spike was hitting harder on PTR than on live, but all frost specs were doing less damage because of the fact that frost armor lost the 8% haste which was a huge nerf overall that nothing has overcome yet.