High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

Texas elector will not cast vote for Donald Trump

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/05/politi...ump/index.html

##################
    A Texas elector said Monday that enough is enough -- he will not cast his vote for President-elect Donald Trump as part of the Electoral College process on December 19.

Christopher Suprun, a paramedic from Texas who served as a firefighter during the Sept. 11 attacks, wrote in an editorial published in The New York Times that even though he is a Republican elector, he will not vote for Trump.

Suprun will cast his vote along with the other electors (538 in total) from every state and the District of Columbia on December 19 as part of the Electoral College process.
    "Fifteen years ago, I swore an oath to defend my country and Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic," he wrote. "On Dec. 19, I will do it again."

Along with Suprun, 36 other electors planning to vote for Trump would have to abandon their vote for him -- which is almost beyond the realm of possibility. Even if Suprun doesn't cast his vote for Trump, Trump is headed toward the 270 votes he needs to become president in January.
    In the editorial Suprun explained that he believes Trump has shown he's not qualified for the Oval Office. He wrote that the last time the nation was united was after the Sept. 11 attacks, while Trump has failed "to unite America" and drove "a wedge between us."
    "He does not encourage civil discourse, but chooses to stoke fear and create outrage," Suprun wrote in the editorial.

Suprun added that Trump's actions, such as saying "Russia should hack Hillary Clinton's emails" and urging "violence against protesters at his rallies during the campaign" show that he is not qualified to be president.
    He also wrote about how the advisers Trump surrounds himself with, including retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn for National Security Adviser and Steve Bannon, a former Breitbart executive named to a senior adviser position, are not positive influences on him.
    "He has surrounded himself with advisers such as Stephen K. Bannon, who claims to be a Leninist and lauds villains and their thirst for power, including Darth Vader," he wrote. "Gen. Michael T. Flynn, Mr. Trump's pick for national security adviser, has his own checkered past about rules."
    ###################

YESSSS. It's good that other hardcore Republicans actually see Drumph for who he really is. Hope more will follow this path and he will not get the EC count to move to presidency.

Deleted
    Say what you will about these republicans but they sure don't discriminate in their obstructionism.

Well, it's his right but if the majority of voters in his region voted for Trump, he sould respect their choice.

The other guy won, just calm down, wait four years and get ready to support your guy in the next election.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmemo View Post

.... which is almost beyond the realm of possibility....
    This is what happened when Drumph "cheated" his way to the presidency. Now let the impossible happen again and get a real Republican in office!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious. Given the low possibility that the electors vote in another republican instead of Trump, how fast would they drop him as a whole?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well, it's his right but if the majority of voters in his region voted for Trump, he sould respect their choice.

The other guy won, just calm down, wait four years and get ready to support your guy in the next election.
    He believes America will suffer dearly in the next 4 years under a Trump presidency. He is fighting against it and bravo to him.

i dont get how 538 people pick the new president.

what was the purpose of the election? who picked these 538 people that are picking our new president? i dont get it, i think if more americans understood that this is even possible there would be riots. this is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsurprising that some Republicans are angry at a Trump presidency. But they're a minority... and considering that he leads 306 to 232, well, it's his right to pay the fine for nothing.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I can't wait for January so we can hurry up and get President Trump in office because I am sick of CNN and Jill Stein. Can you imagine if Hillary won and the Republicans were doing all this trash.....
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

He believes America will suffer dearly in the next 4 years under a Trump presidency. He is fighting against it and bravo to him.
    well tennisace it aint his decision to make. he is not special to america, we need to stop this crap quick.

There's already a thread for this, bee tee dubs.

In the old days when a county representative didn't do what the people told him, when he got back to town he found himself at the gallows. Hopefully Texans give him a history lesson.

##################
    A Texas elector said Monday that enough is enough -- he will not cast his vote for President-elect Donald Trump as part of the Electoral College process on December 19.

Christopher Suprun, a paramedic from Texas who served as a firefighter during the Sept. 11 attacks, wrote in an editorial published in The New York Times that even though he is a Republican elector, he will not vote for Trump.

Suprun will cast his vote along with the other electors (538 in total) from every state and the District of Columbia on December 19 as part of the Electoral College process.
    "Fifteen years ago, I swore an oath to defend my country and Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic," he wrote. "On Dec. 19, I will do it again."

Along with Suprun, 36 other electors planning to vote for Trump would have to abandon their vote for him -- which is almost beyond the realm of possibility. Even if Suprun doesn't cast his vote for Trump, Trump is headed toward the 270 votes he needs to become president in January.
    In the editorial Suprun explained that he believes Trump has shown he's not qualified for the Oval Office. He wrote that the last time the nation was united was after the Sept. 11 attacks, while Trump has failed "to unite America" and drove "a wedge between us."
    "He does not encourage civil discourse, but chooses to stoke fear and create outrage," Suprun wrote in the editorial.

Suprun added that Trump's actions, such as saying "Russia should hack Hillary Clinton's emails" and urging "violence against protesters at his rallies during the campaign" show that he is not qualified to be president.
    He also wrote about how the advisers Trump surrounds himself with, including retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn for National Security Adviser and Steve Bannon, a former Breitbart executive named to a senior adviser position, are not positive influences on him.
    "He has surrounded himself with advisers such as Stephen K. Bannon, who claims to be a Leninist and lauds villains and their thirst for power, including Darth Vader," he wrote. "Gen. Michael T. Flynn, Mr. Trump's pick for national security adviser, has his own checkered past about rules."
    ###################

YESSSS. It's good that other hardcore Republicans actually see Drumph for who he really is. Hope more will follow this path and he will not get the EC count to move to presidency.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-against-Trump

I'm sorry but are we going to have a thread for every occasion of something related to Trump? For 4 (?) years? Jebus.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    well tennisace it aint his decision to make. he is not special to america, we need to stop this crap quick.
    Why do we need to stop this? What is "this"?

Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    I can't wait for January so we can hurry up and get President Trump in office because I am sick of CNN and Jill Stein. Can you imagine if Hillary won and the Republicans were doing all this trash.....
    Like the last 8 years of being total obstructionists during Obamas precidency? Yeah, I don't even have to imagine, since it's been a reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    i dont get how 538 people pick the new president.

what was the purpose of the election? who picked these 538 people that are picking our new president? i dont get it, i think if more americans understood that this is even possible there would be riots. this is insane.
    That is how the electoral college works, you know, the system that Republicans have been spending the last month touting because it supposedly protects the small states from New York and California.

I'd die laughing maniacally if there were enough faithless electors to swap the election lol.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'd die laughing maniacally if there were enough faithless electors to swap the election lol.
    I'd want to see the Trumpling version of accepting the result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    We have a thread for this already:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-against-Trump

Closing to avoid duplicate discussion.