Thread: Ion Hazzikostas

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You see, the Mmo-champion community is full of fucking retarded "game devs" who think they know how to manage a game and/or know how to properly balance anything. And when the game doesn't do exactly what they want or what these fucking idiots think is "easy" they blame one guy as if he is the all-god of World of Warcraft.

They also ignore any good qualities like how Ion is the most honest developer we have ever had.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I like Ion. He comes off knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. He seems to really want to listen and make fans happy, while still keeping some sort of order.

I don't like Alex Afrasiabi. I find him to be rude, condescending and passive aggressive.
    This might be rude, but i fucking hate Afrasiabi. Two Blizzcons ago at a Q&A panel, whenever somebody tried to ask a good question or whenever another dev tried to come with a good answer, he derailed it instantly. Everything that comes out of his mouth is webbed in this net of spin, so that he is not confirming or denying anything. He should just behind his desk, just work and not say a word.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is an idiot and one of the devs who thought it was funny to egg on a section of the player base with the suggestion that a feature would be included in the future of WoD before personally announcing such feature had been decided to not be included a while back then immediately shat himself after the announcement (probably got called into someone's office) and turned around his statement within the same week and announced it coming with 6.2.

So yeah he's an idiot, isn't uncomfortable with lying and clearly doesn't address/check what the player base would like over 75% of the time.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    He is an idiot and one of the devs who thought it was funny to egg on a section of the player base with the suggestion that a feature would be included in the future of WoD before personally announcing such feature had been decided to not be included a while back then immediately shat himself after the announcement (probably got called into someone's office) and turned around his statement within the same week and announced it coming with 6.2.

So yeah he's an idiot, isn't uncomfortable with lying and clearly doesn't address/check what the player base would like over 75% of the time.
    I'll take arbitrary stats for $500

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Because he is the face of Blizzard.

I hope he gets good counceling because all the toxic shit players like you talk about him might bring him down a bit. Was the same with Ghostcrawler, he got so much abuse on forums that I really wonder how he can do the job. Those people are not the one and only decider about how the game is developed. Sure Ion is game director, but that doesn't mean he is programs everything himself.

One day sometime in the future we'll have another game director who gets all the hate and Ion will be talked about as postitive as Ghostcrawler now.
    Stop being a white knight, he got hammered duly. Many of us have given feed back since alpha and beta about how bad class design and fantasy is. Yet what is this fellows response? LTP?.... Now all the sudden he admits classes like the locks are borked, and they don't really have a fix for them in the near future. Not like we haven't been giving them good constructive feed back for 2 years. Ever since Ion has come on to the team they don't communicate anymore. It's all about shoving it down our throat, then saying, "and here take some more".

Don't try to use the "well the community is toxic" BS argument. They have had good players in good standing giving them feed back for a very long time. At least GC tried to defend his position, at lest GC had a real back and forth with good players that resulted in good changes. Not this narrow view of fantasy that in many cases is not any classes fantasy at all, it's retcon.

This is in short what the last 2 years have been like for many classes / specs.

The players - Why do we have these cumbersome mechanics that's not fun at all, we really don't like it.

Ion - You really don't know what you like. You think you don't like it, but you do. LTP noobs...

massive unsubs....

Na, but players like you, that sing the praises of bad game design as if they were great are the problem. It's always, "well next time it's going to be great wait and see". Just for those same classes to be shit on year after year. Tell me did you play beta in WoD? Was not things like garrisons, prismatic crystal, and OP warriors (who did 50% more dps than some classes) not shouted from the roof tops in beta? it was the white knights that sung the praises of bad game design, and we saw a 60% sub loss by the end of WoD. I say it is the white nights that is toxic for the game. IMO it's the people that critique and give constructive criticism that actually care about the game. We actually want to see the game succeed not fail losing 60% subs due to bad game design and cumbersome tedious mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staalsy View Post
    I'll take arbitrary stats for $500

What's arbitrary about it? The fact that a large part of the player base was pissed after the announcement prior to the turnabout (no-flyers and flyers alike) or the fact he's comfortable with saying that things are fine or in a good place, etc when they clearly are not.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

What about when Ion said we can't bring up other spec's because fire mages might get angry, cuz they worked hard to be at the top? And your going to call him great? Only reason they were at the top was cuz of bad game design and lack of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    This is public service announcement: please stop putting /s at the end of a sarcastic sentence to tell us you're being sarcastic. We know. This scourge must end.
    Sarcasm doesn't exactly translate well through text. There will always be one moron who will believe a sarcastic remark unless stated otherwise.

Found the idiots

For missing Kaplan as the lead? Please tell me how that is an idiotic thing. Go ahead.

Great guy, I don't agree with him on everything but he does seem to genuinely care about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    This might be rude, but i fucking hate Afrasiabi. Two Blizzcons ago at a Q&A panel, whenever somebody tried to ask a good question or whenever another dev tried to come with a good answer, he derailed it instantly. Everything that comes out of his mouth is webbed in this net of spin, so that he is not confirming or denying anything. He should just behind his desk, just work and not say a word.
    Well, he used to play Everquest and his characters name was Furor. He made this post.

"You have 14 Days. If after that time the Plane is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play Everquest.

To be brief, I did not work my ass off, jumping through your idiotic hoops with my friends and guildmates, so I could go to a zone where only groups of 18 could enjoy the content. EVEN if past these initial moronic events I can finally get my entire guild in to raid with me, FUCK YOU GUYS. Seriously, FUCK YOU.

I cannot believe this... right now I'm just so pissed off. I am sitting here in the Plane of Time, and 3/4 of my guild is just sitting around while a group of 18 is repeatedly trying to beat one of the mini ring encounters. Don't you people have ANY FUCKING DECENCY? SMEDLEY WHY DON'T YOU STOP COUNTING YOUR MONEY AND START ISSUING ORDERS?

The tragic irony of creating the ultimate cockblock encounter in the form of the Rathe which requires 80 people to defeat and then to limit encounters in the Plane of Time to 18.

14 Days.... after that this site will change from the most popular EQ fan site on the internet to the most popular World of Warcraft fan site on the internet. I'm done playing ball with you useless fuckers... it's my turn."

I know people can grow up but he still seems to have that same attitude.

Good guy - not as good as Metzen - but good guy. He probably needs more cocaine.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Ion is good at spinning PR bullshit, he makes it out that he cares but he really doesn't. Actions speak louder than words and all he has done is speak words.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Game designers in Blizzard are subpar. Good ones who designed the Vanilla WoW, Diablo 1/2 have left the company.
    Ahahaha oh boy the irony of this post.......

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I like Ion. He comes off knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. He seems to really want to listen and make fans happy, while still keeping some sort of order.

I don't like Alex Afrasiabi. I find him to be rude, condescending and passive aggressive.
    Wasn't it Afrasiabi that ended up in deep waters because of a harassment thing he did? I am pretty sure that was Afrasiabi. He's always seemed a bit too arrogant for my taste. I like Ion Hazzikostas though.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Afrasiabi/s...08323702939648
    Last edited by Narveid; 2016-12-10 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Ion is good at spinning PR bullshit, he makes it out that he cares but he really doesn't. Actions speak louder than words and all he has done is speak words.
    Considering Ion still raids at a relatively high level (Gurgthock- MalGanis) it's safe to assume he cares.

We should take the time to appreciate the fact that we have someone so passionate and knowledgeable in such a position as Ion.

I am grateful that we have him as a game director, thank you!

Considering Ion still raids at a relatively high level (Gurgthock- MalGanis) it's safe to assume he cares.

Wait is that actually his character? RESTO SHAMAN REPRESENT!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Wait is that actually his character? RESTO SHAMAN REPRESENT!
    Yee, his old youtube channel still has videos up

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Actions do indeed speak louder then words, but WoW is a big project. He as director does have the responsibility for the entire thing, but he has his hands in very little of the actual work and early decision making. Sure he is there when the final things are being decided, but at that point things might already be very decided. Also when it comes to the actual maintenance and stuff like balance, he is again not a huge part of it. That is more down to the specific department leader. So if you feel like the class things seems like bullshit, then it might be the class design leader, which is behind it all.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.