Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

People prefer time gated ledgendaries?

Title, How is collecting some shard/crystal from raids or quests and everyone who stayed caught up gets it the same week any better? It's actually far worse then random system imo.

The issue with the time-gated legendaries is that everybody ends up with the same shit and it actually does mean that raids "require" you to have the legendary. With the current legendary system, guilds cannot "require" a certain legendary as 1. it would severely limit the recruitment pool, and 2. there's not as big a difference between BiS and non-BiS legendaries than, for example, having the legendary cloak in Mists vs not having it.

You know what you're getting and you know how long it takes to get.

How it works now is that every time you get a legendary you dont want it's less likely to that you get one you do want, since the chance of a legendary dropping when you have one already is cut in half.

This would work better if they decided that you could target legendaries, but they havent implemented that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Glarolas View Post
    Title, How is collecting some shard/crystal from raids or quests and everyone who stayed caught up gets it the same week any better? It's actually far worse then random system imo.
    A collection system gives you something to look forward to. With RNG, you could get one today, or next year. A lot of people will have legendaries either way, so the argument that everyone can get legendaries goes out of the window.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because it's guaranteed and you can choose the one that fits you class/Spec. The only RNG factor in these were the items that needed to be collected they were not 100% drop.

My preference is skill gated legendaries.

I don't know, people must treat the game like a job. There SHOULD be some uncertainty and surprise lol. I just prefer the fact my game play does not change to get ledgy. I just do what I do and I have 2 now. easy peasy.. I always hated the collecting stuff, couldent miss raid once etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    There has never and will never be such an item.

I like having a goal that is visible to me to attain. With the current RNG system, I could go 3 months without receiving a legendary or I could receive 3 legendarys in one day, all based on if the RNG gods are in my favor or not.

Deleted
    I don't think it's possible to have a system that's worse than the current one.

My preference is no legendaries at all.
    The amount of grief, frustration or anger, i've seen over the years is ridiculous. Rather have none at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    what is an example of a skill gated legendary?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    You beat a challenge in order to earn it. A quest that actually isn't brain dead that actually makes you use your skill and maximum output?

Eg. dps checks, heal checks, utility check, coordination checks

To know more please see any raid encounter ever. They are perfectly capable of this since vanilla with the quelserrar and hunter legendaries. The campaign mode to unlock different artifacts. They could have done the same thing but had higher check requirements in place to earn them and gated them behind only able to do them once a week etc. if they really want to time gate.
    Last edited by ehxy; 2016-12-15 at 02:02 PM.

Random system is way better than this time gated bs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate this system because legendaries do not feel legendary. I got both of mine from World Quest Emissary Caches. How is that legendary?

Each system has its flaws, but I would prefer to go back to pre MoP days where the legendary was only for certain classes. It isn't exactly fair, but definitely made it feel legendary.

Also to add, it doesn't make it mandatory to have like the Ring or Cape previously. If you were a DK you weren't required to have Shadowmourne to raid unless you were very cutting edge raiding, since it took a while to get.

@Accendor

From a casual perspective sure why not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    rhok'delar hunter quest, or that warlock quest from MoP

I like legendaries that require you to raid as it ensures people like you never get them.

Time gated legendaries are preferable because it actually gives you some control over acquiring the item. The current legendary system with RNG you may never receive the correct legendary. In addition, a legendary item should make the character feel powerful as where the current system leaves some feeling powerful with a skewed perception of current class balance, while others feel negatively affected because they cannot acquire the one they want. Blizzard backed themselves into a corner as well. There is absolutely no way they can tune the different classes based around having a specific legendary, otherwise they severely gimp those who do not.

Plus, I think I am probably a lone wolf on this, but completing the time gated legendaries gave me a sense of accomplishment, all the current system says is that you beat the RNG boss. The thing I don't understand is the people that have an issue with time gated legendaries. We pay X amount of dollars a month, shouldn't we have a reason to get our monies worth? Shouldn't we have a reason to log in besides raid days and emissary quests?

Quote Originally Posted by spain20 View Post
    I like legendaries that require you to raid as it ensures people like you never get them.
    You are funny. I've raided since vanilla. Damn those dedicated players who have never missed clearing a tier on time lol

because you know what awaits you and the end line, instead of lolsephuz