Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glarolas View Post
    Title, How is collecting some shard/crystal from raids or quests and everyone who stayed caught up gets it the same week any better? It's actually far worse then random system imo.
    I prefer the way of the previous. Raid, quests, scenarios, looting - you know, work. To obtain your legendary.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Both the time gated and RNG legendaries system blow, bring back the "interesting" quest lines like getting the Vanilla ones. Sure there was still RNG on getting the items to drop, but at least it's better than getting a random legendary that could be totally useless and your friend who never plays getting the BiS one after just hitting 110 then never playing that class again.

The biggest issue people have with the RNG Legiondaries is that every class/spec has like 1 or 2 BiS legendaries and the rest are either crap or meh. And these BiS legiondaries can make a bad spec great, or a good spec OP as shit. Legion has become too RNG for a lot of people and blizz yet again ignored people in beta and it's biting them in the ass... again.

I didn't mind the long quest chain that required hours and hours of LFR runs to get a BiS item that could up your dps by stupid numbers. But honestly those items didn't FEEL like legendary items, they were just too OP to be epics so blizz made them into legendaries.

The legendary system been trash since TBC hit, anyway.
    Thunderfury was nice, Atiesh was nice, Sulfuras was pretty meh but acceptable.
    Everything past those 3 has been awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I honestly think the game would benefit from their removal. Just look at how much toxicity and salt stems from the topic. Im not naive enough to think that people wouldnt just turn around and immediately find something else to bitch about, but i do honestly think that the game would suffer less as a result of the removal of at least one of its garbage rng systems.

And lets be honest. These arent legendaries anyway. These are just epics with orange text that everyone expects to get.
    I honestly think if there were no utility legendaries, and they were all throughput balanced around 4-8% each, the legendary system would be hailed as a great addition. They'd be exciting to get everytime, yet nobody would get left in the dust for not getting that 60K+ dps legendary.

I prefer the old way, not everyone is entitled to have a legendary, keep it for a few lucky raiders.

I don't know, people must treat the game like a job. There SHOULD be some uncertainty and surprise lol. I just prefer the fact my game play does not change to get ledgy. I just do what I do and I have 2 now. easy peasy.. I always hated the collecting stuff, couldent miss raid once etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

There has never and will never be such an item.
    This game is worse then a job.

7+ Year Old Account
    The current legendary system is not very good, but the time gated legendaries are just really REALLY terrible. It ruins the idea of a legendary, since everybody and their mother is gonna have it. I much prefer the dropped legendary, like in TBC, but again, that was not a good solution either. I don't really know how you can get the legendary item system to work without it either being a pain or an exclusive power item for some specific classes.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what is an example of a skill gated legendary?
    Epic Quest from vanilla.

Hunter quest back in the day was basically "git gud if you want the bow"
    dunno about priest one

edit : yeah the green fire quest for warlock was pretty intense

I would make legendary/epic quest for X o Y legendary, something were you need to use your class skill and "your" skill but with the dark souls difficulty and unforgiveness
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2016-12-15 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People prefer having agency and control over their progression
    More news at 6.

Hunter in my raid came up with a good alternative to the current system. All or some DPS/throughput legendaries are within the artifact traits, and utility legendaries are all that exist. Definitely would prefer that route.

Deleted
    You know that the only actual bad thing about current situation with Leges is the Leges themselves...
    The luck/RNG etc. was always in the game.. be it for lege or for any gear part... So whoever whines about that he is "offside" by several kilometers...
    For example... i run LFR/normal/HC and Mythic (nythedra only) to get the Plaguehive... from when the raid got into the game.... heh...NEVER dropped in whatever group i'm in...neither with personal or any loot system... even when i play reserved loot for the trinket since both guilds i cooperate with will pass me the trinket once it will drop...it just never dropped.
    I say that the bad thing is legendaries themselves because they are not balanced with eachother...there shouldn't be "shit" lege to start with...they should be in about equal power...
    That's the bad thing with leges...

7+ Year Old Account
    the thing with time gated is that you know a exact date/area that you will get it, and you know what your going to get

the current legendary system you could get one any day, any way, and you dot know what the fuck you will get

i think a system like the artifact would have been better

Reach 110 get a choice of "all class" such as sephuz or pydaz
    do every dungeon in mythic once, get a choice of a "role specific" like norganas
    complete 100 world quests, get a spec specific
    Complete a mythic+8 in time, get a choice of a spec specific
    kill 8 world bosses, get a class specific
    Get each rep to exalted, get a class specific
    complete the class campaign, get a class specific
    Complete Emerald nightmare on normal, get a spec specific
    complete emerald nightmare on heroic, get a spec specific
    Complete emerald nightmare on mythic, get a spec specific
    Complete nighthold on normal, get a class specific
    complete nighthold on heroic, get a class specific
    complete nighthold on mythic, get a class specific
    Reach artifact level 34, get a class specific
    Reach artifact knowlege level 25, get a class specific
    complete mythic+15 get a class specific
    complete withered training 10 times, of atleast 420 points, get a class specific
    obtain a hidden artifact skin (gives you a spec specific legendary to the spec you got the skin in)

now these could be random, or give you a choice, and there would be enough to get all the legendaries for your class
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Solution = Change legendary to third relic slot equip.

The relic system was the biggest mistake of the Artifact system. It did far more damage to power creep than legendaries do. Its possible to get your artifact up to 918, higher than legendaries.

Your first two relics should've dictated your secondary stats on the weapon and act like "super gems".

Your third relic = Legendary rune/glyph. Legendary relics are not consumed on use and increase your artifact ilvl by 5%.

Unlocking your third "relic" slot = Free legendary mystery box.

Finishing Class Hall Upgrade path = 2nd free legendary mystery box.

Finishing Balance of Power = 3rd free legendary mystery box.

Three free legendary ensure you can (attempt to) get one legendary "relic" tailored for each spec.

The downside to this system is you can only have one legendary equipped, but the upside is that it will force devs to balance legendaries better and add access to more cross-class/spec legendaries.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Riise View Post
    My preference is no legendaries at all.
    The amount of grief, frustration or anger, i've seen over the years is ridiculous. Rather have none at all

Maybe the strife that they cause is what actually makes them legendary.

No they don't. They just think they do, I bet we'll go back to something like WoD or Wrath system next expac and everyone will be like "OHHH NOOOO we want legion system back, this takes to much work to much time wahahahaha put that spoon with mashed up food in my mouth, wahahahaha"

Title, How is collecting some shard/crystal from raids or quests and everyone who stayed caught up gets it the same week any better? It's actually far worse then random system imo.
    because its beats the heck out of getting that stupid cc ring, which even as a legendary is meh better then basic warforged rings that has proper stats but far less ilvl.

Deleted
    I do prefer it vastly. Theres no stressing over wether you will get the right one or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No they don't. They just think they do, I bet we'll go back to something like WoD or Wrath system next expac and everyone will be like "OHHH NOOOO we want legion system back, this takes to much work to much time wahahahaha put that spoon with mashed up food in my mouth, wahahahaha"
    lol thats so not gonna happen... unless they come up with an even worse system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I do prefer it vastly. Theres no stressing over wether you will get the right one or not.

- - - Updated - - -

lol thats so not gonna happen... unless they come up with an even worse system.
    we'll see.....

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    The issue with the time-gated legendaries is that everybody ends up with the same shit and it actually does mean that raids "require" you to have the legendary. With the current legendary system, guilds cannot "require" a certain legendary as 1. it would severely limit the recruitment pool, and 2. there's not as big a difference between BiS and non-BiS legendaries than, for example, having the legendary cloak in Mists vs not having it.
    This is a problem with pugging, but in guilds, its not so much an issue if you're actually showing up and being an active member in the guild. Also, if you're talking about the legendaries pre-MoP, guilds never REQUIRED them as they kind of just happened as your guild cleared content and bosses who dropped the shards were not guaranteed to drop the necessary item each time. Let's go back even further to things like the Warglaives. My guild killed Illidan pretty early into the Black Temple release and we saw one Warglaive......not one set, one Warglaive.

I'd rather a system which requires me to insert rusty skewers into my scrotum while being dragged on meat hooks by my eye sockets across a pit of hot coals and AIDS-infected hypodermic needles than what we have currently, so yes. I think the previous system was an improvement.