Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    you realize we're talking about killing people, right ?

drone murders with high collateral damage is already bad enough, until you realize the US is planning to implement full automation with drones being able to decide themselves who they'll strike

can you just imagine the level of psychopathy one has to display to endorse the deployment of these skynet machines above entires cities ? and the horrible precedents this sets for the future ?
    Yeah, I know he's done more. I was pointing out that he didn't start it. Also, I'm not finding any sources on that "drones deciding who they'll strike." I see a handful of allowing them to change targets from what their mission is, but absolutely nothing about them being able to strike without a human doing the decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    its all temporary

in the end, the wealth will trickle down
    If with "down" you mean "towards the rich", then yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Yeah, I know he's done more. I was pointing out that he didn't start it. Also, I'm not finding any sources on that "drones deciding who they'll strike." I see a handful of allowing them to change targets from what their mission is, but absolutely nothing about them being able to strike without a human doing the decision making.
    "Allowing them to change targets from what their mission is" is just another way of saying "drones deciding who they'll strike", though.
    If any human input was needed then that would count as "changing their mission".
    Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm very sorry for you.

In my country everyone has healthcare so you're sent to a doctor straight away. And by law school must warn parents imediatly whatever it takes, if not they can be criminally charged.
    I had full insurance and the school had my medical info they just were stupid, they didn't believe it was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Thank you for saying this. ALl of these so called doctors here that say ''walk it off the pain for a few days'' are all acting like tbh total idiots. Their is a reason why doctors have to study years to be allowed to call doctors and their is a reason why you 'don't become a scientist overnight.

It's not about the pain that this child had to endure that pisses me off, it's about the possible side effects for delaying the treatment that pisses me off the most. Their are side effects for not treating people right away and you should by definition take no risk or delaying anything when it comes to health, especially if you know crap about medicine.

DO you know the side effects of not treating a broken or even fractured bone right away?

http://www.glynns.co.uk/articles/unt...-fractures.php

- - - Updated - - -

Am I advocating to take away the children? That would be extreme for just plain stupidity but then again, maybe a visit or two can't hurt to solve some of this stupidity.

Also foster care with all of it's troubles (since often the children are troubled) is a different subject that I never mentioned.
    It's a matter of not actually knowing a bone is broken. I have broken bone son multiple occasions, and not known it.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    "Allowing them to change targets from what their mission is" is just another way of saying "drones deciding who they'll strike", though.
    If any human input was needed then that would count as "changing their mission".
    Think about it.
    Not really. Human gives command: "Find targets in area X". Drone flies to area X and uses its sensors to determine that nearby area Y has more potential for targets. Drone replies "Changing course to area Y due to higher chance of targets". Human either says "Negative, remain at area X" or says "Affirmative, area changed to Y". None of that says a drone is allowed to reply "striking on target".

Quite literally:
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nati...111052842.html
    But Carter told a conference at Washington’s Center for Strategic and International Studies that the Pentagon will always ensure that a human pulls the trigger.

“When it comes to using autonomy in our weapons systems, we must always have a human being making decisions about the use of force,” Carter said.

But Carter told a conference at Washington’s Center for Strategic and International Studies that the Pentagon will always ensure that a human pulls the trigger.
    I think it won't be very long before they get caught lying about that. You don't have to worry about psychological issues if a person isn't even involved, so it will naturally be where they take it next. And they already have the ability to do this. And there will be innocent casualties as the kinks are worked out.