Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    bullets are not magical

are you being satirical?

- - - Updated - - -

bullets are not aerodynamically
    http://valleycentral.com/news/local/...ted-to-recover

This happened where I live just this new years eve. It happens. Fragment of the bullet was lodged in his skull.

10+ Year Old Account
    he was most likely hit by a arching bullet not a falling bullet
    ....which is what most bullets will do as it's very hard for a human to shoot perfectly at 90 degrees upwards. Especially so if you're firing multiple rounds off.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you dont understand this to bad
    this is my last reply in this topic
    All of that to just deny that it has and does happen lol. But I guess yeah people like the one I linked? He just got shot by a sniper 3 miles away aiming 4 feet above his head.

Also with you being from Australia and I being from Texas I reckon I have a fair bit more experience with guns than you do
    Last edited by Dug; 2017-01-03 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

this is what a bullet looks like incase you dont know

Your magic bullets don't have any rifling marks....

10+ Year Old Account
    bullets are not magical

are you being satirical?

- - - Updated - - -

bullets are not aerodynamically
    We are linking to evidence and you're denying it.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this request. When I was 15 I took a very brief test and got my license. Now at 35 I've had to prove my proficiency with my car zero times. All I do is every 5 years is send a payment to the DMV to renew my license.

I suspect by 70 years old the results will be no different unless medically I go blind or something.
    And generally their are ways to take away your license, with guns you could murder somebody and still keep your gun and sell it on Ebay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    We are linking to evidence and you're denying it.
    Pretty sure it's just his irrational hatred of liberals and hearing people say anything bad about guns must automatically mean = take them away

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This is why I wish we could license firearms in a manner similar to driving.
    you can still own a car and drive it and not have a license for it you know, purchased and drove my first car off the the car lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    And generally their are ways to take away your license, with guns you could murder somebody and still keep your gun and sell it on Ebay.
    The hyperbole is real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    you can still own a car and drive it and not have a license for it you know, purchased and drove my first car off the the car lot.
    If you drive a car without a license you will be arrested(if you get pulled over). If you have a gun without a license you will be arrested. If you let your firearm license run out do you know what happens? The police knock on your door and take your gun away. Being a responsible gun owner is barely any different from being a responsible driver. You follow the rules and regulations and nothing bad happens.

This turning into a gun control thread now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    If you drive a car without a license you will be arrested(if you get pulled over). If you have a gun without a license you will be arrested. If you let your firearm license run out do you know what happens? The police knock on your door and take your gun away. Being a responsible gun owner is barely any different from being a responsible driver. You follow the rules and regulations and nothing bad happens.

This turning into a gun control thread now lol
    yeah that must be a jersey thing if cops come knocking on your door for expired CCL, my point was if people going to do illegal shit no amount of laws and licensing going to help it, and yeah it became a gun control thread when someone mentioned licencing fire arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Yup.

All I am saying is that if you can avoid killing somebody you have the moral obligation to do so. If you kill somebody, out of free will, if you don't absolutely have to, no other alternatives possible, than that is morally murder. Legally it is of course a different matter, sadly.

If you value human life, and any intelligent life form with a working conscious should, then there is no shame in retreating.
    Someone's home is where they often would retreat to. It is their sanctuary and the place they feel safest. Someone that violates that space has backed them into a corner and taken their final place of retreat. There is no shame in defending yourself and the place you call home.

Put another way. If you value your own life don't endanger it by being a criminal willing to violate another human beings home and place of safety.
    Last edited by Altrec; 2017-01-03 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    yeah that must be a jersey thing if cops come knocking on your door for expired CCL, my point was if people going to do illegal shit no amount of laws and licensing going to help it, and yeah it became a gun control thread when someone mentioned licencing fire arms.
    Yea I am scratching my head too. Though in NJ I wouldn't be surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    1. Dispatcher is not a legal authority
    Yeah but they asked GZ to keep his distance multiple times, instead he decided to stalk and kill the kid in cold blood.

How fucked up is that?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Yeah but they asked GZ to keep his distance multiple times, instead he decided to stalk and kill the kid in cold blood.

How fucked up is that?
    Your highly subjective and florid characterization notwithstanding, those aren't relevant details to disproving the JDF defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post

How fucked up is that?
    He's neighborhood watch and was looking after his community that was having issues with break-ins and theft. In no way whatsoever was he doing anything illegal in following a suspicious individual and keeping an eye on them so that they didn't hurt anybody, break into anywhere, or running away before police could find him.

You are being incredibly subjective, injecting your own version of events that do not correlate with reality and evidence, and using emotion and not logic to determine and examine the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    He's neighborhood watch and was looking after his community that was having issues with break-ins and theft. In no way whatsoever was he doing anything illegal in following a suspicious individual and keeping an eye on them so that they didn't hurt anybody, break into anywhere, or running away before police could find him.

You are being incredibly subjective, injecting your own version of events that do not correlate with reality and evidence, and using emotion and not logic to determine and examine the facts.
    Ever heard of being busted for driving while black?

Well in GZ's case he was busted for patrolling while white. (even though he wasn't white, that is the punch line)

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    The hyperbole is real.
    My mistake Ebay doesn't allow this kind of crap.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=zimme...+sells+his+gun