10+ Year Old Account

Is Simc-PTR Broken For Fire?

Was playing around with gear/talents to make my final decision for Tues; stay fire or switch to arcane. Had a bit of a surprise, makes me wonder if the current build of Simc is broken.

Fire ilvl 884 with shard and belo'virs legendaries

Arcane ilvl 887 with shard and prydaz

For fire-live st: 434,131 dps, crit 1.34, haste 1.05, vers 1.04, int 1, mast .87
    For fire-ptr st : 586,230 dps, crit .17, haste -.32, vers .85, int 1, mast .86

Arcane was around what I was expecting,

Arcane-ptr st: 470,483 dps, crit .74, haste .75, vers .81, int 1, mast .70

Anyone else getting reports like this? 150k buff to st fire damage is not what I was expecting.

I just installed the nightly build of 715-01 and I sim about the same as I did in the 710-03 build of simulation craft. I lost about 6k dps, which is far less of a loss than I was expecting. My legendaries are darklis/saphuz though.

UPDATE: by changing my talents to reflect the talent calculator changes, and swapping out kindling, by DPS shot up 20-30k based on my choices. I hope the sims are correct.
    Last edited by umwhiter; 2017-01-08 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thegaultman View Post
    Was playing around with gear/talents to make my final decision for Tues; stay fire or switch to arcane. Had a bit of a surprise, makes me wonder if the current build of Simc is broken.

Fire ilvl 884 with shard and belo'virs legendaries

Arcane ilvl 887 with shard and prydaz

For fire-live st: 434,131 dps, crit 1.34, haste 1.05, vers 1.04, int 1, mast .87
    For fire-ptr st : 586,230 dps, crit .17, haste -.32, vers .85, int 1, mast .86

Arcane was around what I was expecting,

Arcane-ptr st: 470,483 dps, crit .74, haste .75, vers .81, int 1, mast .70

Anyone else getting reports like this? 150k buff to st fire damage is not what I was expecting.
    Yes, something weird is going on with your sims. There shouldn't be even close to a 150k gap

Quote Originally Posted by garmeth06 View Post
    Yes, something weird is going on with your sims. There shouldn't be even close to a 150k gap
    He almost certainly is using the ptr flag. @OP the way mage changes were implemented in SimC this time around you will need to use two clients to sim PTR versus live. Use 710-03 for 'live' and 715-01 (the current nightly build) for 'ptr' (keep the option flag set to live it's a already a 715 client). That flag in SimC only changes which spelldata the client pulls from the mechanical changes will not be correctly implemented for one of your sims which is what is causing the issues here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    He almost certainly is using the ptr flag. @OP the way mage changes were implemented in SimC this time around you will need to use two clients to sim PTR versus live. Use 710-03 for 'live' and 715-01 (the current nightly build) for 'ptr' (keep the option flag set to live it's a already a 715 client). That flag in SimC only changes which spelldata the client pulls from the mechanical changes will not be correctly implemented for one of your sims which is what is causing the issues here.
    Thanks for the info, fixed the problem.