Best Caster(s) for Soloing Old Raids

Hello all,

I read somewhere that it's far easier now for casters to solo old raid content than it was during WoD. Is that true? If so, how comparable is a caster's ability to solo something that would be considered challenging right now (such as Hellfire Citadel, or MoP mythics)?

I've been playing a Vengeance DH so far in Legion, and the soloing is pretty easy, but painfully slow and boring in most cases. I'm just curious if any casters can clear legacy content with anywhere close to the effectiveness of Blood DKs, Vengeace DHs, etc. If so, which ones, and why?

No caster can compare to a blood DK or tank DH for solo purposes.

That said, warlocks are the best caster for soloing due to pets and self-heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I second this. Keeping in mind that there is that buff for old content that causes you to do a lot more damage. And both Siphon Life and Drain Soul heal based off damage done. You certainly won't be dying due to lack of self heals, that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhok View Post
    I second this. Keeping in mind that there is that buff for old content that causes you to do a lot more damage. And both Siphon Life and Drain Soul heal based off damage done. You certainly won't be dying due to lack of self heals, that's for sure
    If you need self heals for content that has that hidden buff mechanic you've went AFK for about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    If you need self heals for content that has that hidden buff mechanic you've went AFK for about an hour.

All MoP and WoD content is Old and doesn't not have that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No caster can compare to a blood DK or tank DH for solo purposes.

I tried a bit of warlock soloing in WoD, and the pet durability and aggro always seemed to be an issue. On some harder bosses, even spamming Health Funnel wasn't enough to keep the pet up, and even if they pet did manage to stay alive, I'd have to throttle damage. That's kind of what turned me off from warlocks at the time.

I'm guessing most of that is probably still going to be a concern for content that is considered challenging to solo right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on raid. Are you talking about the more difficult WoD ones? Then I'd say Hunter, Lock, BDK and VDH are the best.

The easier ones doesn't really matter, pretty much every DPS/tank spec can easily get them done in minutes. Guess I'd go with the specs that have better AoE/mobility to get them done faster.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Hunter pets can't hold aggro and mend is on a CD and they only have one self-heal, they suck at soloing old (but no buff) raids