View Poll Results: How many wings have you saved up for?

Voters
15. This poll is closed
  • All of them! (4-5 wings)

7 46.67%
  • Most of them (3-4 wings)

0 0%
  • Some of them (1-2 wings)

2 13.33%
  • None yet :'(

4 26.67%
  • I don't plan on buying the next adventure

2 13.33%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Have you already started saving for the next adventure?

I'm wondering how many people have started saving up for the next adventure on here. I ask because it seems there are always players complaining that they don't have the gold when they are released and that they feel bad for not having the cards when everyone else is using them. So, I'm curious as to how many players are actually preparing in advance for its release so you don't end up that gal or guy who could have been saving up, but ended up SoL.

Personally, I've saved up for the first two wings so far, but will easily have the gold for the full adventure pack the moment the first wing releases (as a F2P player).

Not yet but will start very soon

I haven't saved up anything. I don't mind spending $25 on an adventure. I should start saving up for the next expansion if anything though, since those are more costly overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isint going to be an adventure next it will be a full expac like mean streets, gonna start saving now but im a bit bored of hearthstone atm cos of all the aggro decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I haven't saved up anything. I don't mind spending $25 on an adventure. I should start saving up for the next expansion if anything though, since those are more costly overall.
    This. I still don't have key pieces for the most mongo decks of this expansion(thanks legendary murloc....)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    there are always players complaining that they don't have the gold when they are released and that they feel bad for not having the cards when everyone else is using them.
    Gee I wonder who.

I'm sitting on 1800 gold at the moment, having spent like 6k gold or something on Gadgetzan packs, which is fucking fantastic because I can't even build a playable Jade deck (the defining archtype of the expansion).

I'm missing 4 wings of Blackrock...which cripples me from making dragon decks. I'm also missing 1 wing of Naxx...which doesn't matter card-wise but it feels bad to not have the whole adventure. I want to save all my gold for this calendar year's expansions/adventures, but I also feel like I'd be irrevocably missing out if I don't buy out those adventures while I still can, since they'll go away and be unpurchasable (I think) in the next rotation.

But... I'm still missing classic cards like Rag, Sylvannas, Tirion, Doomsayer, Ice Block, etc. that's also crippling my deck choices. I need those classic cards.

Not yet. Typically don't start saving until I hear an announcement at least. You have plenty of time anyway, especially since the wings are released a week at a time so you don't need all the gold at once.

Deleted
    I don't usually start until pretty late with adventures or I might even just purchase the adventure, or a combination of wings, depending on the situation. There isn't much point since they aren't very expensive and even released one wing / week, so you can easily get the gold together during the same month. For a card expansion, I usually start around this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like giving Blizzard more money for this game so I'm sitting at 1470g for the next Adventure Pack atm and I have all of the cards I need/want for Means Streets with the 7000g I spent on packs.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure am. I have pretty much all I want from Mean Streets (minus Raza, which I am looking to craft next). With the expac just having dropped and a while till the next, I am saving 100g from every 300g I earn. After having dumped all my gold at the start of the expac, I'm back up to 1400 saved. After I craft Raza, I'll probably end up saving 200 from every 300.

I usually end up with at least 9k to dump at the outset of every new expac.

It really is very simple to save gold and still get packs.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    The next adventure will likely be this summer if Blizzard keeps to their schedule but yeah I'm at the point where I can make sure I have a big enough gold stash to weather through future expansions without spending money.

All gold goes towards arena entries and adventures, I don't buy packs directly any more.

The next one is EXPANSION, not adventure.

The expansion released at the beginning of the year is very important, because many cards are phased out.
    Emperor Thaurissan, Patron, Trogg will be gone !

Make sure save lots of gold and dust.
    I saved 7000 gold and 12000 dust, and will have 11000 gold in April

Don't afraid to dust phased out cards.

I don't start saving until they announce the next content patch, and I have enough every time to get adventure wings when they release.

I've recently started up saving and today I got to 1000 gold. I got most of the MSoG cards except some important ones like Patches, Aya and Kazakus. But I'll do fine without them, never been a fan of playing these meta decks.

I don't save anything ever. Use all my gold in arena. And have never had a problem getting all the cards I would need if i played ranked hardcore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing ftp since launch (did spend a little during closed/open beta) and have most cards of every expansion/adventure. Mostly missing legendaries (obviously), though I have most of the ones for the decks/classes I like playing best.

What I usually do is start hoarding again 5-6 weeks into an expansion, which allows me to buy the next adventure with gold and stack up more gold after, so I reach around 8k when the next adventure hits. Then I blow it all on packs, and the cycle starts over. Seems to work well enough, as you can stock up around 2k per month if you just keep doing your dailies.

~100 packs has so far given me most (if not all) of the cards I want from all expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It'll be an adventure since the last was an expansion. They've alternated every time so far at least.
    It's going to be an expansion, not an adventure.

I got a couple of questions about why I think it will be Expansion, Adventure, Expansion, and here’s a direct quote from the launch of Standard post:

Standard format will be updated with the first new Expansion released each year.

It was also discussed at the BlizzCon 2016 Q&A panel (paraphrased):

They are evaluating the best way to release cards, e.g., through expansions or adventures. They are pretty happy with two expansions and an adventure each year.
    - Source

This means that the content format will probably be Expansion -> Adventure -> Expansion moving forward. I'd eventually expect them to do 2 of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    It's going to be an expansion, not an adventure.

- Source

This means that the content format will probably be Expansion -> Adventure -> Expansion moving forward. I'd eventually expect them to do 2 of each.
    Who says they're updating the standard format with the next update though?

Not only that, but that's not an actual Blizzard verified thing, it's just some person's thoughts based on what Blizzard said. For all we know, they could have said expansion meaning "the first patch of the year".
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-02-06 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Who says they're updating the standard format with the next update though?
    Cause the year of the Kraken is over? It's a new year now?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Cause the year of the Kraken is over? It's a new year now?
    Then it should have ended already last month.