7+ Year Old Account

Question about insults

Is calling other posters brat / dumbass / cunt or twat are enough to receive infraction? Or tell them to shut up?

Recently I reported some people who openly used these words. But moderators didn't reacted. So it not worth infraction/report?

Examples:

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Cunt vs. Twat showdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    600g is nothing. How often do you need to change skins anyway? Pick a color dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    What a dumbass lmao
    I need clarification.

You'll probably be able to observe if this is enough to warren an infraction by the number of people who will be calling you 'dumbass' for asking that question.

I mean in my opinion, it's more of a "get thicker skin" type of situation. Shouldn't let random internet user #203932 saying a bad word get to you. Those quotes without more context don't seem offensive enough for a mod to do anything about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    You'll probably be able to observe if this is enough to warren an infraction by the number of people who will be calling you 'dumbass' for asking that question.
    You will be surprised but once I got threat from mod to count my reports as spam when I reported one of this posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    You will be surprised but once I got threat from mod to count my reports as spam when I reported one of this posts.
    Report the mod, he was out of line.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Report the mod, he was out of line.
    Made thread in ban forum about it. No one replied.

But thread is not about it. I'm asking is this words should be reported or not.

I once got ban for putting shut up in my post. So I think brat/cunt/twat will lead to the same outcome?

The mods here won't do anything about it unless it comes from certain posters. Some people can say whatever they want and never get anything from the mods, and other people get infracted for idiot things. Like when I got infracted for having a Beta Club sig that some mod said violated the sig policy. Even after I had it there for months. And other people, who didn't get infracted, had it too. No notification. The mod just removed the sig and infracted me.

And yeah - I'm talking about it. No matter what the mods or admins say, the moderation policy for this site is terrible and needs to be revised. And if they won't do it, at least it's out there for the world to see. You can't stop the truth.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

If you are not a Blizzard tool; praising them and insulting anybody critical of Blizzard, don't expect much love from the mods.

The mods are useless and horribly inconsistent. I would spam the reports anyway since that seems to be the only way to get their attention.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We got “conservative” mods thanks to complaints about bias. The site had gone downhill since then. Enforce the rules or gtfo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    The mods are useless and horribly inconsistent. I would spam the reports anyway since that seems to be the only way to get their attention.
    They are still so bias it is not even funny the only difference now is that no one does anything other then ban people when they talk about modding issues.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I haven’t had a single issue with a mod here - and I’ve been posting since mid’10 - I think it’s possible that they don’t always have time to police everyone all of the time. As for infractions: I’ve had some and they were justified (maybe two?) - it’s working correctly to me..

Seems like a waste of human energy to be fussing over such shit. You're just looking for reasons to get upset at this point.

Just like real life, it's more about the context than the words; But it's your choice if you decide to let these things offend you or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe dont be one if you dont want to be called one
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have an issue with moderation, you take it up with a global (blue) moderator. We will be happy to look at issues if you bring us links to posts like this in private so we can discuss the matter.

I have already taken care of anything that needed moderation here, so closing this.

CLOSED.