Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    One's skin color is more important than the quality of thoughts and ideas inside their head. This is why the left is turning into a silly sideshow.
    Which is why the left is -such- a bastion of anti-intellectualism.

Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality

"It is the study of overlapping or intersecting social identities and related systems of oppression, domination, or discrimination. Intersectionality is the idea that multiple identities intersect to create a whole that is different from the component identities."

Seem like the article is pretty accurate to me.
    Now think about how that is applied to a population. Intersectionality doesn't just look at a person and say "they're a woman, they have women's issues," it looks at how they share issues with people of the same race, same economic background, same sexuality etc. giving a more coherent idea across society. Maybe to you that's divisive, but to me that is looking to see the challenges that people from different backgrounds share.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I just love all the laughable conservative responses to Trump's narrow victory. They treat this like a Reagan sweep.

Its amazing that they come up with every single reason why he won except for the obvious one: Clinton was a bad candidate.
    Or that democratic voters are concentrating in blue cities/states.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Let's call it what it is.

The only reason 'intersectionality' is popping up is because that is a word people have heard academics use, and they want to point to it as the cause of every problem from AIDS to Tsarist Russia as part of the still in-vogue trend of anti-intellectualism.
    No. It's a word people have heard dumbasses on the internet use. The same dumbasses that will try desperately to justify why someone can't be racist because they check off x number of oppression boxes. I'm as tired of Trump's sycophants and their denial of reality as the next guy but please, don't act as if there isn't a problem with the horseshit people on the left have been spewing as well.

Intersectionality is just more reasons for people to bitch about perceived discrimination. The belief that you didn't get what you wanted based on sexuality or race isn't always true. Someone could just simply not like a mole on your forehead and gave the job to someone else that doesn't. You aren't making judgements with all the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Or that democratic voters are concentrating in blue cities/states.
    I think if the Dems put up a candidate who isn't a wet piece of bread, this isn't really a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Intersectionality is just more reasons for people to bitch about perceived discrimination. The belief that you didn't get what you wanted based on sexuality or race isn't always true. Someone could just simply not like a mole on your forehead and gave the job to someone else that doesn't. You aren't making judgements with all the facts.
    Fun Fact: Intersectionality is a study of discrimination as it applies to demographics, not individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Fun Fact: Intersectionality is a study of discrimination as it applies to demographics, not individuals.
    Fun fact: you didn't even bother to consider reading the entire thought i presented. really par for the course for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, or have these forums gone into a dumpster in the last couple of years? People discuss non-existing issues, which mostly arose from Internet memes, more than all other topics combined. Apparently a few crazy feminists or racists to bash on is a more relevant topic than, say, poverty, human right issues, education problems and international relations!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I think if the Dems put up a candidate who isn't a wet piece of bread, this isn't really a problem.
    Apparently this is really tough for the Democrat Party. Leaving aside Obama, who circumvented the wishes of the (D) Party, their recent picks have been John Kerry and Hilary Clinton. Y'know, the Ventriloquist Dummy Squad.

Intersectionality is just saying that there are layers of advantage and disadvantage in a society, such as a disabled poor gay white man experiencing more adversity than a healthy, wealthy, straight white woman.

If you disagree that some people have more disadvantages than others and think that we are all equally advantaged, then there's really nowhere for the conversation to go. In my opinion it's pretty apparent that some people have more struggles than others.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'd say that the biggest issue about giving advice to a liberal... is that it's from a conservative.

It doesn't work, no matter which way you phrase it, I have never heard of any faction taking the direct advice (especially when misrepresented to the faction being advised) from the opposing faction.

Conservatives wouldn't ever take unsupported and/or misrepresented advice from a Liberal, so expecting the opposite is little more than whimsical hope, at best. If anyone should give anyone else advice, it should be to their own factions on the matter of the opposing faction's contrasting ideology.

Preaching to your own faction of your own ideology is little more than preaching to the choir and/of echo-chambering. Preaching the opposite faction of one's own ideology, specifically when it contrasts with their understanding of the issue, is going to do nothing but increase tensions between both factions even more. Both get nothing done and only serve to increase hostility between two factions.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You are free to make a thread about how shit conservatives are, and in fact you have in the past, and in fact i have posted in them in the past.

So I'm quite confused by this comment.
    I make treads, on the relatively rare occasion I do, on actual news events. In the mean time I'll continue to make fun of Theo's schtick.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Well they are popular in California, but as you know winning California doesn't mean winning the election. And I'm sure you understand how the House and Senate work.
    No see, all they have to do is change nothing double down and destiny will give them power. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Fun fact: you didn't even bother to consider reading the entire thought i presented. really par for the course for you.
    I did, and the fact of the matter is that 'perceived discrimination' is irrelevant when it comes to the study of systemic oppression because the former revolves around a subjective perspective rather than a demographic analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    No see, all they have to do is change nothing double down and destiny will give them power. /s
    Gonna respond to any of the analysis of your OP or just shit post?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's one thing to acknowledge the differences in experiences/perspectives and try to understand them; it's another to place entire groups into one brush and place a higher value on some more than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    People on the internet are surrounded by crazy feminists, so the problem seems really significant. The louder and more extreme you are the more attention you get, so Feminists get a lot of attention because they are the loudest, the most extreme, and simultaneously the most socially accepted.
    I feel so surrounded by crazy feminists on the Internet, that I decided to become asexual to defend my penis from molestation!

More seriously, people who frequent places where they "are surrounded by crazy feminists" need to get a hobby or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

communist undertones at odds with the west and its people

liberals are really traitors who just dont know it yet

[Infracted]

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the somewhat baity OP and the fact that this is inevitably going to derail into any of a number of forbidden topics (and is already touching on them), I'm gonna lock this here.