Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Would you give up flying for permanent mounted combat?

Mounted combat with the outpost perk in WoD Nagrand was awesome and the Legion Paladin class perk to for an hour of mounted combat and environment interacting is amazing.

I would happily give up flying if they let me always fight, mine, and click items without the 2-3 second re-mounting process.

Not going into the whole should we fly or not, but what would you think if Blizz said no flying but mounted combat for all?

No, flying is too important for QoL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope Nope Nope (c)
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I enjoy flying (although I wouldn't put myself in the aggressively-pro-flying camp) and I don't find mounted combat particularly appealing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Why can't we have both?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Mounted Combat really wasn't all that special in Nagrand, at all. You just moved at double the movement speed. OK for PvP, sure, but PvE? Meh, ignorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

A better solution might be to be able to fight while mounted... both on land AND in the air.

One of the reasons Blizzard says they don't like flying anymore is that it removes a lot of the PVP experience because people can just fly directly to their destination without fear of engaging in PvP.

Well, with mounted flying combat, the skies wouldn't be so safe anymore...

Just make it so that being dazed only dismounts you if you're already in ground mode.

Overall, this would finally be a step forward for mounted movement, instead of continually stepping backwards at the beginning of every expansion. Perhaps this will happen for the final expansion, as you really can't progress anymore with movement once you reach this mark.
    Last edited by Sungamnori; 2017-01-16 at 11:12 PM.

No

Further, I would give up all mounts to ensure mounted combat does not have any impactful part of the game

No. I prefer the convenience of flying.
    Carnation, 90 Blood Elf Priest <Knights of Sterling> / Vek'nilash-US

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, flying's fine as it is, and as for mounted combat? I'd like to see that be temporary like the DH class hall deathcharger, just not something that needs more attention than it deserves.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope (c)

Yes under two conditions:

Dismount goes away entirely, including PVP dismount.

Blizzard didn't go ape-shit and make every single mob move at mount speed.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I'd love to see flying gone - for nothing. Flying gone is already a benefit.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    No way. I'll pass.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

i do love mounted combat on my dk for WQ's makes them so fast to gather shit up and aoe never needing to mount up.

i would love it on my elemental shaman cast and move and mount speed droooool.

maybe, maybe i would give it up, i fucking love cast and move.

I would just give up flying, if the taxi / whistle system would stay.

No, because at that point all you've done is doubled the base movement speed of everybody, effectively changing nothing because everything would have to be redone relative to that speed.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Nope I like flying and mounted combat is dumb imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamual View Post
    Mounted combat with the outpost perk in WoD Nagrand was awesome and the Legion Paladin class perk to for an hour of mounted combat and environment interacting is amazing.
    Good you feel this way but I don't really care for (ground) mounted anything, never picked paladin / dk order hall option and was always forgetting to click Nagrand talbuk.

The moment flying got enabled... oh boy, finally can do treasures, archeology, gathering without having to figure out "how do I get up that slope" and "from which side is the passage across this chasm" and so on.

Flying can't come any sooner. If it's 7.2 though I expect it not before summer.