Question Go back to druid?

So long story short on my druid I was generally top of charts or atleast always competitive with the other healers. On my priest I seem to get railed and feel VERY lost. I have been playing holy as my gear all had mastery on it when I moved to raiding on this character and it filled the spot better. I was 7/7M on my druid and we lost our priest, so i moved over to allow another druid my healing spot. With my recent performance and frustration I have been debating on going back to druid. Thoughts? I feel like I am playing the class fairly well, just not getting a good vibe from raid health and meters.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LYFTaycGd2fKVvW1

(Runz is character name, old logs will have my druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Runzlikegirl View Post
    So long story short on my druid I was generally top of charts or atleast always competitive with the other healers. On my priest I seem to get railed and feel VERY lost. I have been playing holy as my gear all had mastery on it when I moved to raiding on this character and it filled the spot better. I was 7/7M on my druid and we lost our priest, so i moved over to allow another druid my healing spot. With my recent performance and frustration I have been debating on going back to druid. Thoughts? I feel like I am playing the class fairly well, just not getting a good vibe from raid health and meters.

If you have an active time of 87% on a Holy Priest, you are not playing the class "fairly well". The logs you linked have a Holy Priest that smokes all of you except the Mistweaver. I'd start with asking that person for advice since they know all the ins and outs of your particular guild/raid.

Priests aren't suppose to be high hps class. Your other fights are fine. On dragons whoever stands closer to person who logs will show up higher, unless those are your logs I'm sure you did fine on healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    At a glance I would say you cast too much renew and not enough sanctify.

Quote Originally Posted by Runzlikegirl View Post

Hard to get a real idea of what is going on during Dragons since the groups are split so I looked at your other fights. To be honest, I see a lot of issues that are preventing you from reaching the potential that Holy Priests have. I'm on mobile so it's hard to look too deep into the logs right now but here's what I noticed.

#1. You're hardcasting Renew much too often. You're not a Druid anymore... HoTs are now just a part of your toolkit and no longer your bread and butter. Other than keeping Renew up on the tanks, you almost never want to hardcast Renew unless you're in a high movement phase and literally have no other option... Let Benediction take care of the Renews for you.

#2. You're not casting Prayer of Mending nearly enough. PoM is probably the most important spell in our toolkit. You want to basically go out of your way to cast this on cooldown (this will also help ensure you have as many PoM's out as possible during Divine Hymn which is super powerful once you have the artifact trait). Take the talents Piety (for the reduced PoM CD) and Benediction (for the Renew procs from PoM) and spam the shit out of PoM.

#3. Make better use of you Holy Words. This is kind of juggling act since you want to have the Holy Words available when needed... but with the Divinity talent every time you use Sanctify or Serenity you get 20% increased healing for 6 seconds. Try to stagger your Holy Words so the 20% buff is up as much as possible. If there is a high amount of group damage coming, I will often cast Serenity on the tank right when the damage hits so I can target the raid with a 20% increased healing Sanctify.

#4. You're casting Prayer of Healing too often and at the wrong time. PoH is no longer a smartheal so you basically only want to cast it when these two conditions are met; The ENTIRE raid is taking somewhat significant damage AND you were able to cast Serenity or Sanctify RIGHT before casting PoH (which will give you two to three buffed PoH casts). Without the buff and raidwide damage you're better off just using Flash Heal and Trail of Light to top everyone off.

#5. Do you have Light of T'uure? If you do... you need to cast it as it gives you 25% increased healing to the target for 10 seconds and has two charges (use it as a mini version of Guardian Spirit). If you don't have it... I'm guessing a lot of your healing issues are because you're lacking artifact traits which are super important to the spec.

Alright... I'm sure there's plenty I missed that others can chime in about but my bath is getting cold and that should get you started, lol. Good luck!
    Last edited by fixall; 2017-01-20 at 12:35 AM.