Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nighthold Shelf Life

How long do you think Nighthold will be the current raid?

6 months, give or take 1

Hoping for July/August release of ToS. So ideally 6-8 months, (6 being soon, 8 being late). Anything over 10 months shouldn't exist, yet has every expansion so I'm not getting my hopes up.

My money is on June 20, 2017. FFXIV Stormblood release.
    Last edited by Novaice; 2017-01-19 at 11:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since 7.2 just released on the PTR, probably not too long. I guess 3 month max?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

expect 7.2 in sept/oct.

bookmark this ;-)

6 months usually feels right to me, but my guild is pretty casual. There were about 4 between EN and NH releases. We finished clearing everything a few times but never made it to farming on alts when NH dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I expect ToS in mid June, giving Nighthold 5 months. At the three month mark, 7.2 comes out effectively nerfing nighthold and giving everyone a chance to advance past whatever point they got stuck in (since 7.2 brings extra artifact traits and probably multiple easy gear sources for casual players like a higher base level for WQs)
    The blue post said that ToS is part of 7.2 - I know we've recently seen raids be disassociated from patches, but I think ToS is following the "traditional" model.

7.2 will probably drop sometime around spring break, but I don't think the raid will follow immediately. They talk about building a foothold etc so that will probably take up quite a bit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    The blue post said that ToS is part of 7.2 - I know we've recently seen raids be disassociated from patches, but I think ToS is following the "traditional" model.
    It is part of 7.2 just like NH was part of 7.0. Theres an entire questline planed to lead you into tomb like the Suramar questline and theres a faction related to it. 7.2 will come out in 2-3 months with Tomb in it, but the raid will be locked for another 3 months or so. NH being 10 bosses will probably last some 6 months if Blizz realy learned form theire past mistake theyll let it go for a bit more, like 7 or so, to avoid stupidly long last tears on the xpac.

We are 6 months into this expansion already...flying better be coming soon if they wait till June to do flying I'll be pissed so I think 7.2 will be here no later than April and raid will be julyish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaice View Post
    My money is on June 20, 2017. FFXIV Stormblood release.
    This, seems like a pretty safe bet.

Blizzard said raids would last 4-5 months, but this being a 10 boss raid I wouldn't be suprised if it was 5-6.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Blizzard said raids would last 4-5 months, but this being a 10 boss raid I wouldn't be suprised if it was 5-6.
    EN / ToV was also a 10 boss raid, sorta, and this time we have better trinkets and tier pieces for even more stupid scaling. The smart vote says 2-3months for 7.2 to drop, 6 months for ToS to open. Blizzards new rapid fire content aproach leans more toward 4ish months with 7.2 and ToS dropping together

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    expect 7.2 in sept/oct.

bookmark this ;-)
    7.2 will launch in a couple months. Tomb will not open upon it's release. It will be at least 6 months from this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    EN / ToV was also a 10 boss raid, sorta, and this time we have better trinkets and tier pieces for even more stupid scaling. The smart vote says 2-3months for 7.2 to drop, 6 months for ToS to open. Blizzards new rapid fire content aproach leans more toward 4ish months with 7.2 and ToS dropping together
    They've always wanted them to be 6 months. There's only been a short time in MOP where they didn't stagger them enough.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I feel Blizzard's intention is to do this.

-April release of 7.2
    This will include everything that isn't the ToS raid. Dungeons will get their revamp and feel like a new form of content as you'll be able to get some of the nifty trinkets/items at higher ilvls. This includes the Nightbane chest+trink combo at a higher level, etc. So it also becomes the new form of carrot on a stick when many people have already cleared through much of Nighthold. It also serves as catch-up FOR Nighthold for those still struggling.

-June release of ToS raid
    Now that you've had the new bumped-up dungeon fill. Now that you've had a few months of prep, it's time for the Tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    The topic is raid. Not when the next patch comes out. It's pretty safe to say 7.2 is 2-3 months away.

But they've said a lot, raids don't connect to patches anymore with releases. So they wouldn't even be aiming to drop them together.

some of you didnt see the memo regarding giving raiders plenty of time for each raid. 7.2 is out and you look at the list and think that it will come out in a couple of month? that is laughable of naivity.

nighthold will be around 5/6 months before the next raid comes around. you will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently I'm thinking early summer if not sooner. I do not thing nighthold mythic will last more than a month for top guilds then several months after that.

Deleted
    7.2 will be in ~3-4 months with some new outdoor stuff, prolly a new weekly quest chain, prolly the new dungeon.
    7.2.5 will release in 6-8 months and will open the new raid tier.