AOE vs Single Target Simcraft results

I figured some people may fine these sim craft results I came up with handy for evaluating talents for boss fights and mythic+ dungeons.
    I'm simming these with an 887-889 ilvl with only trinkets being changed.
    Sephuz and Liadrin's legendary rings.
    Crit 30.57%
    Haste 17.39%
    Mastery 26.18%
    Versatility 7.22%

Single Target (FCM 855 equiped) - Patchwerk sim

AOE (Terrorbound Nexus 880 equipped)

My conclusion here is that Full AOE talents are a very small loss toward single target damage with Cons/Zeal/DH being only 3% behind FV/Zeal/BoW. However on AOE the FV/Zeal/BoW build falls about 20% behind the Cons/Zeal/DH
    Consecration sims close to FV but depends on movement so in game results will very
    Zeal is now always better the TfoJ for me, Liadrin's ring probably contributes to that as the extra mana from TfoJ procs are not needed to keep crusade going at full speed, even with 17% haste. Greater Judgment wasn't included here but it wasn't worth it in the sims I did.
    Blade of Wrath vs Divine Hammer is the largest AOE gain and smallest single target loss. I'd use on any fight with more than one target for any significant amount of the fight. Gul'Dan for example, is not an AOE fight but DH will probably be much stronger as you frequently have more than one target within range of it (adds in phase 1, eyes for the rest of the fight).

Also of note, Str>crit=vers>haste>mastery with the top ST build, str>crit>vers>haste>>>mastery with the top AOE build.
    Last edited by Monzsterr; 2017-01-20 at 06:22 AM. Reason: fixing links

Link doesn't work bro

Deleted
    I still think FV/ZEAL/DH is the best compromise between cleave and single target dps

Quote Originally Posted by JanHurt View Post
    I still think FV/ZEAL/DH is the best compromise between cleave and single target dps
    This is the spec im running right now. I feel it performs the best for me, considering how most of the Nighthold fights have significant add dps requirements.

Sim with the cloak please! Great work!

Yup.

Consecration is good, but there's too much movement in NH to get full value.

Deleted
    It's good to see that mastery is basically completely worthless in AoE, for the most part, and plays a minute role in ST. In other words, keep that debuff up but never gear for it... lol.

Class fantasy, I just can't, it makes me chuckle at times on how they kind of tried to make the classes special in that sense but ret just ended up ignoring that entire mechanic completely.

I mean, any ret I see with mastery on any piece of gear just instantly says to me that either they were unlucky(if its like 1 or 2 pieces) or a complete tool, like a few guys with the entire set having it on every piece.

I enjoyed reading the OP, what I have concluded through sheer logic for myself already before coming here, is that the talent to really swap with is DH and BoW, rest of them you mostly just leave em as is.
    Consecration is unreliable in any movement situation and mostly min-maxing it in real-world is likely going to end up in a loss anyway because we're humans, and you have to account for mistakes. It's a similar thing with ES, which even though got buffed and theorertically yields a higher dps on ST, is still a loss in real-world because of the human factor of having to get it perfect for that thing to work + clunky AF.

Zeal, 100%, FV, 100%

DH vs. BoW. is the question.

Same, absolutely the best compromise you can do.. will see how the Blade buff affect it but doubt I'll change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Same, absolutely the best compromise you can do.. will see how the Blade buff affect it but doubt I'll change anything.
    It really depends on your gear. For me, DH is almost always the way to go, I go from 520k simmed to 510k simmed ST. But at my haste levels with the cloak, I lose almost 30k DPS if I use Zeal instead of TFoJ ST.

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    It's good to see that mastery is basically completely worthless in AoE, for the most part, and plays a minute role in ST. In other words, keep that debuff up but never gear for it... lol.

Class fantasy, I just can't, it makes me chuckle at times on how they kind of tried to make the classes special in that sense but ret just ended up ignoring that entire mechanic completely.

I mean, any ret I see with mastery on any piece of gear just instantly says to me that either they were unlucky(if its like 1 or 2 pieces) or a complete tool, like a few guys with the entire set having it on every piece.

I enjoyed reading the OP, what I have concluded through sheer logic for myself already before coming here, is that the talent to really swap with is DH and BoW, rest of them you mostly just leave em as is.
    Consecration is unreliable in any movement situation and mostly min-maxing it in real-world is likely going to end up in a loss anyway because we're humans, and you have to account for mistakes. It's a similar thing with ES, which even though got buffed and theorertically yields a higher dps on ST, is still a loss in real-world because of the human factor of having to get it perfect for that thing to work + clunky AF.

Zeal, 100%, FV, 100%

DH vs. BoW. is the question.
    I'm comfortable dropping consecration just so I have one less CD to keep track of