Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why did they get rid of BoM?

I haven't played my Pally in a while...I decided to play her again a bit and needed her mining skills...so I'm playing her and noticed no more BoM...so they got rid of the only good blessing yet left us with the two worthless blessings...

10+ Year Old Account
    Applying a buff to another party member that counted as your damage was weird.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Because it was terrible class design.

Because your damage being reliant on other players is terrible design. At least the remaining blessings don't get totally screwed if the player dies.

Because they finally had a moment of clarity for a second and realised what a terrible shitstain of an idea was GBoM.

so they got rid of the only good blessing yet left us with the two worthless blessings...
    You'd rarely if ever cast kings or wisdom before they buffed them by 1.5x, increased ret pala damage by 12% and removed might.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it was bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Because they finally had a moment of clarity for a second and realised what a terrible shitstain of an idea was GBoM.
    Love the way you describe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I haven't played my Pally in a while...I decided to play her again a bit and needed her mining skills...so I'm playing her and noticed no more BoM...so they got rid of the only good blessing yet left us with the two worthless blessings...
    They got rid of BoM and buffed damage to compensate, it was a quality of life improvement.

That meant that we could actually use the other two blessings (instead of being forced to use triple BoM) and they also buffed them, BoW is quite good for healers (and stacks) and BoK adds decent survivability to a tank or yourself or just anyone who stands in fire.

Oof, BoM being a "good" blessing.

Loved having my Might targets die on progression, really felt good to lose that damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Oof, BoM being a "good" blessing.

Loved having my Might targets die on progression, really felt good to lose that damage.
    This.. was indeed one of the worst things ever.. BoM target.. Person dies in first min.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I didn't know that BoM counted as your damage on someone else...I don't raid.

Either way BoK and BoW still seem pretty worthless....why not just axe all 3 then?

Oh and what I meant by useful is it actually had a noticeable effect in the battle...it actually did some damage as opposed to the tiny amount of regeneration wisdom offers or the 10-15k shield on characters with over 2 million health.
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2017-01-24 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well I didn't know that BoM counted as your damage on someone else...I don't raid.

Either way BoK and BoW still seem pretty worthless....why not just axe all 3 then?

Oh and what I meant by useful is it actually had a noticeable effect in the battle...it actually did some damage as opposed to the tiny amount of regeneration wisdom offers or the 10-15k shield on characters with over 2 million health.
    Isn't the 12% flat damage increase you got in exchange for Might more noticeable than it's damage?

I understand its been removed. The RetPal was litterally leeching from other DPS, going up to a 12% increase in total damage as said above. Raid-wise it was beneficial, but between players it felt like cheating. It was also unreliable, as it could proc on any attacks, strong or weak, but was very poten on mass AoE users with multiple ticks (A fire mage for example). Its too bad as it still was an iconic spell for the Paladin, BoM will be missed. It should have been removed when all the class buff were disabled. The fact that they wanted to still keep it was Blizzard's mistake.

BoW is still pretty good. Its not that powerful, but it allows you to regen 6% of your mana per minute, 30% for 5min. So in a way, it increase your mana pool and gives your healer (or Arcane mage) the opportunity to be more greedy, resulting in better numbers in the end. Its pretty useful for any new raiders with less gear too, so they can last longer before being OoM.

Same goes for BoK, even if its not that strong, I find it better (more efficient) to use it on a less geared or experienced player. It allows for a more "forgiving" gameplay. Its still useful for tanks, but a 90k absorb on a 5M hit won't do much. But to reduce the damage of dots for example, its good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    Isn't the 12% flat damage increase you got in exchange for Might more noticeable than it's damage?
    I don't know...I put down my pally for a while and came back...I don't remember the kind of damage I did...I'm just wondering why it's gone and why they still kept the other two which are both rather weak.

I understand now why it was axed...I honestly didn't know when you buffed someone else the damage they did with BoM counted towards you.

Deleted
    how is 330k extra mana on a 5 minute fight useless

Blessings was removed to to being a huge hedache to managa (who was it best on for each fight etc.) With its removal, various Ret abilities were buffed by 12%, and the other to blessings were buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    how is 330k extra mana on a 5 minute fight useless
    Like I said...I don't raid...I'm a PvP'er...since the blessings had such a horrible range I normally only buffed myself...which is part of the reason I didn't know BoM on others counts as your dps

Because it was a horrible talent

Deleted
    It literally gave you cancer. It was for world health.

They kept the other 2 blessing because blessings are still ret "class fantasy", and getting rid of them completely would make the devs sad.